I have to call out someone.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Perki
Pet Score:3986
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
I have to call out someone.

Post by Perki » November 5th, 2015, 9:39 am

I'm very new to pet battles and still figuring out what combos work for me and such... and stuff. (blah blah blah)

I've been playing around with Sandstorm lately, having only two lvl25 pets with it at the moment (A-Newbs Idol & Qiraji Guardling) I sub in my third pet as the Crushinator (elekk plushie).

I had: A Newbs Idol, Qiraji, Crushinator(Plushie)
my opponent: Mechanical Dragonling, Val'kyr, Weebom.

I did fairly well, I think. Mis-timed a few deflections/blackout kicks, but that'll come with experience. I did well enough to kill off the Val'kyr and MPD leading to the final showdown of the Weebom v. Crushinator(Plushie)
My opponent got the Elekk Plushie down to like 90 health.
... and kept passing his/her turn.

I have to call you out, whoever you may be. You are a person of honor, and you have gained quite a few style and cool points from this newbie. When I realized that this person was a soul of amazing compassion and integrity (figured out why they kept passing), I (literally) saluted my screen and forfeited the match.

Thanks for keeping it fun. <3

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: I have to call out someone.

Post by Vakeetah » November 5th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Wow, props to you too, for bringing your Plushie into PvP! :)

As for your opponent, I don't know if that conduct honors him, or was actually bad manners. I mean, passing over and over, when you cannot do anything, borders on trolling and mockery - if they actually respected you, forfeiting would've been the right thing to do. Considering that their choice of team is a selection of the more "despicable" pets in game (barring [pet]Graves[/pet]!) they probably have no problem racking up easy wins, so sparing one for a newbie wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Sorry if I see this in a completely different light... :cry:
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Perki

Post by Perki » November 5th, 2015, 4:13 pm

No apologies needed!
I can see both sides, but it 'felt' to me that the person was passing because they didn't want to kill the Plushie, not because they were going to B.A.D*.
Either way, I'll hope it was out of compassion for the poor plushie that my opponent decided not to kill it.

*(you can figure it out)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 5th, 2015, 9:26 pm

I would also give the nod to the positive side here. The plushie is too cute to want to kill. The fact it doesnt attack makes it even more difficult to feel good about nuking.

Thx for telling the story. ;)

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » November 7th, 2015, 8:34 am

Nice story. Props to both of you.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » November 7th, 2015, 3:15 pm

I have to say, I don't get why someone would bring a plushie into a match. If I see that, my main thought is that they are just trying to get wins by opponents fleeing out of boredom. I occasionally run into someone with three of them with names that equate to something like have a free win, and I don't get that either.

Lekssyb
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Lekssyb » November 8th, 2015, 4:54 am

its all good then and even a better choices, my first time being here. :lol:

It's Your boy Lekssy!
Last edited by Lekssyb on November 30th, 2017, 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its all good! :lol: :P

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » November 10th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Biscuit wrote:
JEC wrote:I have to say, I don't get why someone would bring a plushie into a match.
The Plushie is literally a tank that can free swap and soak up any "big hit" combos ie. Iron Starlette.
Yeah, but it's still two against three. I can't remember ever losing to one.

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » November 11th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Biscuit wrote:
JEC wrote:I have to say, I don't get why someone would bring a plushie into a match.
The Plushie is literally a tank that can free swap and soak up any "big hit" combos ie. Iron Starlette.
Nothing that can't be done with a [ability]Decoy[/ability], [ability]Bubble[/ability], or any other simple avoidance/block move, tacked on a pet that can actually do something.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Perki

Post by Perki » November 13th, 2015, 4:03 pm

honestly, I only brought it because I was of the mindset "I wonder how sandstorm does in PvP... wait, I only have two guys who have it, what am I going to bring for a third? oh, eff it. we'll bring the crushinator, I never win pvp anyway."

Its not much more elaborate than that. I brought him for the shiggles. <3