Getting all rare pets... /groan

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Getting all rare pets... /groan

Post by Colar » October 31st, 2015, 4:57 am

I can fly around and do a bunch of battles to try and find that one rare pet for upgrade but it is very time consuming. Currently I have a bit over 100 non rare quality pets, some who are non combat but that still leaves a lot of farming.

I have tried the battle stones but they are rare and when I check AH for the one that is not BOP, the price tended to be high. Typically 8-10k and not too long ago, so high it may cause heart attack among you: [url]http://i.imgur.com/lK2f6tg.jpg?1[/url] :shock: :o

There has to be an easier way to farm rare pets. For example I spent maybe 50 hours total along Darkshore looking for the rare snail. I've removed every non-battle pets and battled the rest to try and clear, then leave and come back later for repops. Never saw a rare snail :(

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Getting all rare pets... /groan

Post by Mehetabel » October 31st, 2015, 6:47 am

It really is a time-consuming pain and it took me forever to get them all upgraded! I don't even want to think about how long I spent hunting for rare wild pets! :shock:

When I was doing it, I tried to limit myself to only using stones on non-wild pets, except in special circumstances (a super rare-spawning pet) however, if I'd been farming a rare for several hours without any luck then I would sometimes use a stone then too.

It's a crazy grind but it really does feel great when you look at your pet list and they are all rare so stick with it! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » October 31st, 2015, 9:38 am

Are you not taking advantage of how easy it is to just buy the flawless stones with pet charms? Just doing the 6 Draenor masters along with the garrison menagerie daily should net you enough charms to purchase 2 of them each day. Down the 15 Tiny Terrors, and you can likely nab another one.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » October 31st, 2015, 10:03 am

If you plan to level your pets, the pandaria round of tamers usually generates 2 stones for the day and will level 2 pets for you.

For your cageable pets, some people will sell upgrades for as little as 500g depending on your realm. Some realms look for 1 to 2k per upgrade stone..but your realm is pretty busy so the prices should be more reasonable aside from flying/critter/beast which are harder to come by.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 31st, 2015, 10:17 am

I had gathered a lot of rare pets before I started to use addons.
Now I wonder if I should actually release some of them because the roster lacks certain breeds!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 31st, 2015, 2:40 pm

Colar wrote:There has to be an easier way to farm rare pets. For example I spent maybe 50 hours total along Darkshore looking for the rare snail. I've removed every non-battle pets and battled the rest to try and clear, then leave and come back later for repops. Never saw a rare snail :(
Yeah unfortunately everyone has that 1 or 2 rares that never seem to want to pop up - I make it even worse for myself by being finicky about both breed and color, plus I really hate burning rarity stones, so yeah...

For that particular snail, I would suggest just flat out killing any snail you come across that isn't rare (I leave unwanted rares up for others) instead of battling them, since that takes time. Because of the respawn rate, have a toon out there that's just on snail duty, and log on every 15 to 30 min and fly along the coast, checking every snail you come across, killing all non rares. Repeat until the snail you want pops up!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » October 31st, 2015, 4:32 pm

Yea, I don't remember how long I hunted for rares. I know it took a LONG time. But while I was leveling the pets, I'd get the random stone which helped.

With the flawless stones at the garrison now, it's so much easier when I get new pets that are released. I find the breed I want and then I can use the stones or keep fighting if I'm in the mood.

Just don't give up. You'll get there! Set goals for yourself. I went through all of one family to make rare, then level them. It made it a lot more bearable!

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » November 10th, 2015, 6:01 am

I'm now down to just 85 non-rare pets left and almost 38% at max level.

All those stones are helping. Still no frickin' rare snail in Darkshore so I'll probably burn a stone there and go elsewhere.

I do have a minor issue: I have a few rare undead stones and no undead pet that isn't rare. Can those be used on someone else's pet? If not, maybe I'll find uncommon cageable pets, rare-fy them, and flip it for gold.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » November 10th, 2015, 9:49 am

Colar wrote:I do have a minor issue: I have a few rare undead stones and no undead pet that isn't rare. Can those be used on someone else's pet? If not, maybe I'll find uncommon cageable pets, rare-fy them, and flip it for gold.
You can use a stone on someone else's cageable pet. Means they have to trust you as it involves them giving you the cage, you adding it to your journal so you can rarefy the pet, then giving it back.

Occasionally in Trade chat I've seen folks offering this as a service. For Gold, of course.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 10th, 2015, 10:37 am

You can also speak to Audrey Burnhep (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63596/audrey-burnhep) in Stormwind and trade 3 Flawless Undead Battle-Stones (or any 3 of the same kind) for a Marked Flawless Battle-Stone.

Alternatily Matty (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63086/matty) in Orgrimmar if you're Horde.

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » November 10th, 2015, 1:57 pm

I didn't even try the flying around thing. I just made sure to do all the menagerie dailies on my 6 level 100 characters every day. It gave me enough to get 3 stones a day - sometimes 4. Then I would do kara and winterspring (with lowbie alts just parked there) and occasionally luck out and get a stone from the bag.

Good luck!

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » November 10th, 2015, 5:13 pm

You can park a low level character (even a level one) at all but one of the MoP trainers. The one in Townlong Steppes you can not due to the wandering level 90's around the npc.

Also the trainer in Uldum gives a bag reward and can be done by a low level character once they are there.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 11th, 2015, 5:01 am

And Mayor Payne at the Argent Tournament grounds, provided that you can deal a lot of damage at once, especially Mech one. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507