Can anyone help me with the "Crazy for Cats" achievement?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Havoc2317
Can anyone help me with the "Crazy for Cats" achievement?

Post by Havoc2317 » October 27th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Hey everyone! I've collected 19 cats so far and the only tradable one I don't have is the Black Tabby. I was wondering if anyone could trade theirs to me for a moment so I could unlock the achievement?

I'm not really sure what I can offer in return, I'm not much of a pet collector beyond pets I like (usually wolves/dogs haha.) But if there's anything I could help with or something I'd be down for it. I've just really wanted the "Crazy Cat Man/Lady" title for awhile, especially for my feral druid.

I'm not sure how much it matters but I'm on US Wyrmrest Accord, Thanks!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Can anyone help me with the "Crazy for Cats" achievement

Post by FuxieDK » October 28th, 2015, 1:59 am

What exactly do you need help with?

You can farm it in Hillsbrad or find it (quite often) on AH..

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » October 28th, 2015, 9:45 am

The Black Tabby costs a fortune on the AH. I don't have it myself for that reason.

All the person needs is to learn the pet, cage it, and give it back. Of course there is a trust issue involved :).

Danica
Pet Score:8331
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Danica » October 28th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Still looking for someone to help? If so, what would be a good time to meet you in-game?

Havoc2317

Post by Havoc2317 » October 28th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Danica wrote:Still looking for someone to help? If so, what would be a good time to meet you in-game?
Yes I am! I'm pretty flexible on time, so really when would be good for you? I'm usually on every night (EST.) Also I could give you my btag if it would make it easier.

Thanks so much.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 29th, 2015, 2:03 am

Africanleopard wrote:The Black Tabby costs a fortune on the AH.
Just checked underminejournal.. 20-25K..

How did it come to that? During Cataclysm, when I got mine, it was less than 2k...

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 29th, 2015, 2:46 am

I'd say that it's the old content, but the other world drops (Whelplings) currently cost 8-15k.
Maybe achievement itself boosts it value?

No idea, to be honest.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Africanleopard

Post by Africanleopard » October 29th, 2015, 8:30 am

FuxieDK wrote:

How did it come to that? During Cataclysm, when I got mine, it was less than 2k...
Yes I know :(. I think that its because its one of the only 20 cats that can be obtained without resorting to TCG or the pet store.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » October 29th, 2015, 3:10 pm

FuxieDK wrote:

Well, before Cataclysm it looted on a single mob, a rare, and at 20%+ so the price was low even if it was a Horde only mob.

At Cataclysm, the rare mob disappeared with map modifications, but with the petjournal modifications (all character's pet merged and the ability to cage pet) there was a lot of pets available (that were on rerolls).
In Cataclysm, you can only get this pet by killing any mob on the Hillsbrad Foothills map and at a very low droprate (0.01-0.03%) and maybe in satchel (but not sure).

Since MoP the only new Black Tabby in game comes from : Black market / MoP satchel (as almost no one is doing quest / go in Hillsbrad Foothills). So the stock is low and the achievement "Crazy for Cats" made it more wanted. It bumps his price from 1-2k in Cataclysm to 9-13k in MoP (depending on servers, I speak on EU servers).

In WoD, gold is a lot more easy (token / garrison / old raids easier to solo), so it gets 2x in value (like most of the pets)

Havoc2317

Post by Havoc2317 » October 29th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Neolarva wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

Well, before Cataclysm it looted on a single mob, a rare, and at 20%+ so the price was low even if it was a Horde only mob.

At Cataclysm, the rare mob disappeared with map modifications, but with the petjournal modifications (all character's pet merged and the ability to cage pet) there was a lot of pets available (that were on rerolls).
In Cataclysm, you can only get this pet by killing any mob on the Hillsbrad Foothills map and at a very low droprate (0.01-0.03%) and maybe in satchel (but not sure).

Since MoP the only new Black Tabby in game comes from : Black market / MoP satchel (as almost no one is doing quest / go in Hillsbrad Foothills). So the stock is low and the achievement "Crazy for Cats" made it more wanted. It bumps his price from 1-2k in Cataclysm to 9-13k in MoP (depending on servers, I speak on EU servers).

In WoD, gold is a lot more easy (token / garrison / old raids easier to solo), so it gets 2x in value (like most of the pets)
Wow that's quite the in depth analysis. I knew it was a rare drop, and I figured "oh of course the achievement would make it popular too." But I was kind of curious how it came to be like that. It seems like a ton for a pet afterall. I came into WoW relatively late (MOP) so thanks for the little history lesson on why the cat is so valued.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2015, 12:51 am

Africanleopard wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

Yes I know :(. I think that its because its one of the only 20 cats that can be obtained without resorting to TCG or the pet store.
One of the only? Along with the 19 others, you mean?

There are 24 cats in the achievements, and 20 of them are obtainable from vendors/drops.. 4 is from store/TCG.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 30th, 2015, 3:28 am

@Neolarva, so what could you tell about the other Cataclysm world drops that were added on the same rules?

[pet]Crimson Whelpling[/pet], [pet]Azure Whelpling[/pet]…

They are slightly cheaper, though it can be difficult to tell for sure.
And I'm talking about EU realms, where prices should be twiced in comparison to US ones.

(You're on EU too, but OP is on US.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » October 30th, 2015, 4:46 am

@ Paladance. I think at least one will (in time) be at the same price.

Even if atm on the 2 serves I'm on, I see Crimson whelping a lot at 20-30k (so on some serves it's already at the same price), it is also (like the cat) on a map where very few people go.

Opposed at the Azure - black whelping / Disgusting Oozeling / Hyacinth Macaw which are in a zone most people go when they lvl an alt (and I can't be sure, but some of them have better droprate, like the black who have 0.9% and the Oozeling).

As for the emerald whelping, it's between the other two because few mobs loot it, even if it's in a map where people go (7-8 mobs with long repop, at the time it was the hardest to get for me in farming).

So I think we can get them on the auction house by people who actually loot it, instead of just the black market / satchels.

In price it should be (more expensive to less expensive) :

Black Tabby = Crimson whelping
emerald whelping
Sprite Darter Hatchling = Azure whelping = Hyacinth Macaw
Disgusting Oozeling = Black whelping

Off Topic :
Get the SoO and ToT pet as soon as possible (except the one on trash : Living Sandling, who is easily farmable). They will go up and up. In mop, I found a lot of them at 4-6-8k, except the Viscous Horror who droped only in normal / hm mode and was expensive. Now, you won't find new pet except mostly on black market.

To give you an idea, with a friend, we killed +- 250 ji kun and 350 Horridon, we droped : 2 ji kun mount / 1 horridon mount / 0 pet.

Africanleopard

Post by Africanleopard » October 30th, 2015, 12:40 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Africanleopard wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Just checked underminejournal.. 20-25K..

One of the only? Along with the 19 others, you mean?

There are 24 cats in the achievements, and 20 of them are obtainable from vendors/drops.. 4 is from store/TCG.
yes - it is one of 20 that is not from the store or TCG - to clarify ;-).

Havoc2317

Post by Havoc2317 » October 30th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Fran wrote:op, i don't know if you got help or not but i can loan you the tabby to get your achievement ;)

my btag is EmilyStrange #1287

I just sent you a request, thank you. :)

Havoc2317

Post by Havoc2317 » October 30th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Just got my achievement! Thanks for the info and help everyone.

Danica
Pet Score:8331
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Danica » November 1st, 2015, 12:39 am

Havoc2317 wrote:Just got my achievement! Thanks for the info and help everyone.
Sorry for the late reply, but I've been offline for a few days. Glad to hear you got the achievement!