Share pet collecting news and advice.
Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us
Teams Addon

Post by Malibu12s » October 13th, 2015, 2:14 pm

I'm sure Like many of you, I had been using PetBattle Teams. It was alright but it looks like the person that developed it had stopped providing updates or working on changes. Disgruntled by this I went looking for a replacement. I happened across a new one that is absolutely fantastic. I'm sure many of you have already found it as well. It is called Niggles Pet Teams. Here is a link to the curse site. [url]http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/niggles-pet-teams[/url]

It has seemless integration into the pet journal. It looks fantastic. As if it was part of the original blizzard design. The single most useful thing for me is the ability to add notes to a team. For instance when doing the Celestial Tournament I used to have to jump back and forth from the web to the game for some of the fights. This addon allows me to save the team and save the team notes so during the fight I can bring up the notes window and see the fight details in-game. The Notes window is floating and non-intrusive. You can move it anywhere you want. So you can take all those cool strategies you find here on warcraftpets and save them in your team notes!

If you have a team setup for a specific NPC, the next time you go fight them, if you click on them, it will filter the team list to that NPC for quick team loading. It does so much more than just what I've mentioned.

This Addon took what Pet Battle Teams did and gave it a huge power up. I'd consider this a "Must have" for all pet battle enthusiasts. It is very well done, and seems to be updated regularly.

What other addons do you all use or consider "Must haves" for pet folks?

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Teams Addon

Post by GrosBonda » October 13th, 2015, 2:50 pm

[url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rematch]rematch[/url] is pretty nice

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » October 13th, 2015, 5:16 pm

GrosBonda wrote:[url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rematch]rematch[/url] is pretty nice
I too use Rematch. I love it! It, too, will automatically load your team when you click on or mouse-over a trainer, you can even save a spot for leveling which will change pet according to your leveling queue. It can do a lot of other things besides teams. Like searching for text in abilities and strong/tough vs.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 13th, 2015, 6:08 pm

That does sound pretty cool. I currently use rematch, and I've often thought the only thing wrong with it is that you can't write notes on the teams.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » October 13th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Graven wrote:That does sound pretty cool. I currently use rematch, and I've often thought the only thing wrong with it is that you can't write notes on the teams.
You can save notes on teams. Been able to do that for a long time now. o.O

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » October 14th, 2015, 8:18 am

Aurae wrote:
Graven wrote:That does sound pretty cool. I currently use rematch, and I've often thought the only thing wrong with it is that you can't write notes on the teams.
You can save notes on teams. Been able to do that for a long time now. o.O
Yep, I can confirm that rematch lets you save notes on teams :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Malibu12s
MVP

Post by Malibu12s » October 14th, 2015, 11:05 am

I took a look at rematch and it too looks really awesome. Seems to have the same features. I thought to myself, "why didn't i go with this one before?" Now I remember...Rematch essentially replaces your pet journal, as I understand it. Niggles and before that, PetBattle Teams, simply built on to the existing journal. I shied away from Rematch simply because of that aspect and the potential for errors and problems. I liked that Niggles is just built onto the existing journal. Seems like that might have less potential for errors or problems with other aspects of the journal. This is just personal preference though and is in no way a knock against rematch. It would seem to me both offer similar features and versatility. Thanks for the input.

Any other addons you guys feel might be a "must have" for pet enthusiasts?

I also use pet tracker [url]http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pettracker[/url] The key features I feel makes this a must have:
Map integration - shows pet icons on the map, and you can filter this to missing pets
Zone progress - Lets you know how many pets are available in that zone and tracks what you have/have not collected
Rarity and upgrade tracker - Shows pet rarity in battles and notifies you by putting an exclamation point on pet icons of pets that are upgrades for your collection. This alone has been wildly useful for me in expanding my collection and bringing my score up.

I really only use these two (Tracker and Niggles). Are there any others you all would recommend and why do you like them?

Malibu12s
MVP

Post by Malibu12s » October 14th, 2015, 11:16 am

Madja wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:[url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rematch]rematch[/url] is pretty nice
I too use Rematch. I love it! It, too, will automatically load your team when you click on or mouse-over a trainer, you can even save a spot for leveling which will change pet according to your leveling queue. It can do a lot of other things besides teams. Like searching for text in abilities and strong/tough vs.
I noticed the strong vs. feature when I was looking at it on curse yesterday and that, I think could be the difference maker between these two for some people. I can see how that can be very useful. I think I'm going to suggest to my son that he load Rematch so we can compare it to the one I'm currently using. Personally, I've been battling long enough I remember most of the strong/weak combinations. Earlier on however, that could have been very, very useful. Thanks for your comment. It was insightful.

Grollk
Top Rater
Pet Score:8130
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Grollk » October 15th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Malibu12s said:
Rematch essentially replaces your pet journal, as I understand it

Yes it does and no it doesn't. Rematch gives you a toggle in the pet-journal which disables it completely thus restoring the blizz journal. From that point on you can use rematch in a standalone window.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 16th, 2015, 6:38 am

Malibu12s wrote:I took a look at rematch and it too looks really awesome. Seems to have the same features. I thought to myself, "why didn't i go with this one before?" Now I remember...Rematch essentially replaces your pet journal, as I understand it.
Just as a note, no addon can actually replace the pet journal. The API won't allow it. What all of the pet battle addons do (Pet Battle Teams, Niggles, Rematch, Pet Journal Enhanced, Pet Tracker, etc.) is overlay on top of the existing journal when they need stuff in that space. Rematch in particular allows you to disable this (as mentioned above) and use the standalone version, leaving the entire journal untouched (my personal favorite mode as I like to be able to see the AH and my pet journal at the same time).
Malibu12s wrote: I noticed the strong vs. feature when I was looking at it on curse yesterday and that, I think could be the difference maker between these two for some people. I can see how that can be very useful. I think I'm going to suggest to my son that he load Rematch so we can compare it to the one I'm currently using. Personally, I've been battling long enough I remember most of the strong/weak combinations. Earlier on however, that could have been very, very useful. Thanks for your comment. It was insightful.
I like this feature too. It is really useful when used in conjunction with the search feature. IMO the search feature itself is one of the best things about Rematch. Even if you prefer to use Niggles as a team addon, you can use Rematch in standalone just for the search capabilities. It can search/filter by stats (level, health, speed, and power), ability names (Call Lightning, Surge, etc.), Ability and Flavor text ("double damage", "enemy team", "Arathi Highlands", etc.), etc. You can even right click a pet and say "find similar" and it will find all pets with 3 or more moves that match the pet you right clicked on. I use the search a lot when I try and make my teams faster/better for a particular trainer.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Malibu12s
MVP

Post by Malibu12s » October 16th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Malibu12s wrote:I took a look at rematch and it too looks really awesome. Seems to have the same features. I thought to myself, "why didn't i go with this one before?" Now I remember...Rematch essentially replaces your pet journal, as I understand it.
Just as a note, no addon can actually replace the pet journal. The API won't allow it. What all of the pet battle addons do (Pet Battle Teams, Niggles, Rematch, Pet Journal Enhanced, Pet Tracker, etc.) is overlay on top of the existing journal when they need stuff in that space. Rematch in particular allows you to disable this (as mentioned above) and use the standalone version, leaving the entire journal untouched (my personal favorite mode as I like to be able to see the AH and my pet journal at the same time).
Malibu12s wrote: I noticed the strong vs. feature when I was looking at it on curse yesterday and that, I think could be the difference maker between these two for some people. I can see how that can be very useful. I think I'm going to suggest to my son that he load Rematch so we can compare it to the one I'm currently using. Personally, I've been battling long enough I remember most of the strong/weak combinations. Earlier on however, that could have been very, very useful. Thanks for your comment. It was insightful.
I like this feature too. It is really useful when used in conjunction with the search feature. IMO the search feature itself is one of the best things about Rematch. Even if you prefer to use Niggles as a team addon, you can use Rematch in standalone just for the search capabilities. It can search/filter by stats (level, health, speed, and power), ability names (Call Lightning, Surge, etc.), Ability and Flavor text ("double damage", "enemy team", "Arathi Highlands", etc.), etc. You can even right click a pet and say "find similar" and it will find all pets with 3 or more moves that match the pet you right clicked on. I use the search a lot when I try and make my teams faster/better for a particular trainer.

Good stuff! I really appreciate your feedback. That's some great info. I think I'm going to add rematch this weekend and check all the features mentioned by everyone. Take my pet battle game to the next level... :D

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 16th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Just remember its mostly a text search at this point. So you can do searches by typing in things like:

power>300 call lightning

And set the strong filter to Strong vs Flyer

That'll bring up the Sunreaver Micro Sentry

Stuff like that is really useful if you are trying to find a pet that you need to do well against two different opponents (say for a 2 pet carry team or a really hard team where you expect the pet to have to clean up, or even PvP synergies)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » October 16th, 2015, 11:06 pm

I just tried Rematch for the first time... as much as I has always liked Pet Battle Teams, I adore Rematch's levelling queue. It saves so much clicking! It also has tabs for me to organize my teams, which I love (especially since I'm pretty OCD)... I highly recommend Rematch to any pet lover!

Linga
Pet Score:2934
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Linga » October 20th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Now I am all excited to test both Rematch and Niggles. Thanks for the info on both.

Zookeeperskruffy
Pet Score:4227
Realm:Shandris-us

Post by Zookeeperskruffy » October 31st, 2015, 1:04 am

WOW I never figured id want to try a different addon. I have been using Pet Battle Teams for a long time. It might be nice to have one that updates. Rematch seems to be getting a lot of attention on this page. Who has tried both and which one did you like best