Collector edition pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
Collector edition pets

Post by Dalandius » September 13th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Considering what they have done with StarCraft II: The complete collection (Digital deluxe edition) giving you all the pets do you think they will do this for their other games?

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Re: Collector edition pets

Post by Waflob » September 14th, 2015, 1:50 am

The cynical answer would be "sure, if they think they'll make money doing it".

(I need coffee ...)

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » September 14th, 2015, 2:28 am

I guess they might do it for Diablo III, but it would be hard with WoW as it's not complete yet. A part of me wishes they'd do it, so I can get the Classic collector's pets, but it would also suck to have spent so much money on collector's edition in the belief that they were rare :)
Last edited by Madja on September 14th, 2015, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » September 14th, 2015, 5:19 am

I really hope they would. It would be awesome to get the Original wow CE pets. I started playing late tbc and started collecting halfway wotlk. I am missing all those CE pets and would love to add them to my collection. Hope they do adjust the price a little bit though. Like how they are doing with the Heroes of the Storm bundles (if you have something already, you get a discount). Because for the Starcraft (i was only missing the CE from the Original) it was paying the full set (including the new).

Dalandius

Post by Dalandius » September 14th, 2015, 7:39 am

From the post LotV Pre-Sale Update - August 24(Sticky) SC2 forum.
Please note that purchasing the package will not take into account current versions of the game that you own, and will not offer a discount or reimbursement if you purchase a title already owned.
Which is odd considering when I upgraded Diable 3 Reaper of Souls to CE it did discount due to me already owning Reaper of souls.
Longer-term, we hope to be able to support dynamic pricing that takes into account previous purchases, but this is not something that is currently available.
So going forward it should be something they want to do, just puzzles me why they can not do it now. I do not see it being a hard thing to implement given they already do this with D3 Reaper of souls.

Dalandius

Post by Dalandius » September 14th, 2015, 7:45 am

Waflob wrote:The cynical answer would be "sure, if they think they'll make money doing it".

(I need coffee ...)

Consider how much you would could pay to buy some of the CEs ($3000 for Classic Wow CE) I think paying $30 to ugrade would be a bargain!

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » September 14th, 2015, 10:41 am

Just FYI in regards to the Starcraft II collection. If you pre-order the standard edition of LotV before buying the collection you'll only pay €40 for the upgrade. This means you'll pay in total 40 + 40 = €80 instead of the €100 it costs to buy it straight up. I don't know if they have changed it, but at least that's how it was for me a few weeks ago.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 24th, 2015, 10:06 am

It would be nice if they did it for Diablo too. However a rather selfish part of me hopes they don't do it for WoW . . . mostly because I spent rather a lot of money buying the Vanilla CE last year and it would be kind of devastating to see those pets made available for a fraction of the price. :?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Nimrod
Top Rater
Pet Score:5256
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Nimrod » September 26th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Madja wrote:Just FYI in regards to the Starcraft II collection. If you pre-order the standard edition of LotV before buying the collection you'll only pay €40 for the upgrade. This means you'll pay in total 40 + 40 = €80 instead of the €100 it costs to buy it straight up. I don't know if they have changed it, but at least that's how it was for me a few weeks ago.
Pretty sure you have to own SC2 + HotS and pre-order LotV to get a discount on the Digital Deluxe upgrade option. Won't work for those that don't already have them :)

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » September 27th, 2015, 5:00 am

Nimrod wrote:
Madja wrote:Just FYI in regards to the Starcraft II collection. If you pre-order the standard edition of LotV before buying the collection you'll only pay €40 for the upgrade. This means you'll pay in total 40 + 40 = €80 instead of the €100 it costs to buy it straight up. I don't know if they have changed it, but at least that's how it was for me a few weeks ago.
Pretty sure you have to own SC2 + HotS and pre-order LotV to get a discount on the Digital Deluxe upgrade option. Won't work for those that don't already have them :)
That might be true. I already own them, so I wouldn't know :) I didn't seem to get a discount, though, without buying the Standard Edition first. It wanted to charge me the full €100.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Crackrock
Top Rater
Pet Score:2965
BattleTag®:Ryan187#1813
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Crackrock » September 30th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Madja wrote:I guess they might do it for Diablo III, but it would be hard with WoW as it's not complete yet. A part of me wishes they'd do it, so I can get the Classic collector's pets, but it would also suck to have spent so much money on collector's edition in the belief that they were rare :)
I hope they never do it for WoW, Having extremely rare pets like that makes it much more exciting.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » September 30th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Mehetabel wrote:It would be nice if they did it for Diablo too. However a rather selfish part of me hopes they don't do it for WoW . . . mostly because I spent rather a lot of money buying the Vanilla CE last year and it would be kind of devastating to see those pets made available for a fraction of the price. :?
Well that's a bit hypocritical though, don't you think? I paid full price for all my SCII pets when they came out (including $60 for the upcoming expansion) so I've spent $220 for my three SCII pets while you paid $99. Same for Diablo III, I paid full retail price for my Collector's edition of the original game and Reaper of Souls. You want those cheaper as well. But the WoW pets are different somehow because you chose to pay a ton of money for them and don't want other collectors to benefit from waiting like you did for the SCII pets? I think they should treat all their games the same, I want all the WoW pets to be re-released. I have all of them but the original three, and I couldn't care less if everyone has a Frosty or Netherwhelp ;)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 30th, 2015, 6:14 pm

This is an interesting question...

The retail world works in a way whereby you pay more if you want the new shiny item first...
You can get that item later for a lower price if you are willing to wait
-------
I bought the starcraft 99$pets because I love battlepets ...
but I disagree with Blizzard diminishing the value of the CE purchaser's investment by flooding the market with these after market discount items...the purist in me feels that if a rare item can remain rare...it should

When I started collecting battlepets, the Soul Trader was 175$ or 300k to buy..same with the Spectral Tiger Cub...it is cool to have a vitually unattainable item to aspire to acquiring ...now Blizzard seems to be interested in letting every pet become commonplace.

Fallast
Pet Score:859
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Fallast » October 1st, 2015, 5:06 am

I think they'll probably do it sooner or later.
Do you think they'll do it for others pet/gift such as the blizzcon pets ?

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » October 3rd, 2015, 8:09 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:I bought the starcraft 99$pets because I love battlepets ...
but I disagree with Blizzard diminishing the value of the CE purchaser's investment by flooding the market with these after market discount items...the purist in me feels that if a rare item can remain rare...it should

When I started collecting battlepets, the Soul Trader was 175$ or 300k to buy..same with the Spectral Tiger Cub...it is cool to have a vitually unattainable item to aspire to acquiring ...now Blizzard seems to be interested in letting every pet become commonplace.
But really pets are just pixels... the ones you have to work hard for in-game (Stunted Direhorn, Murkimus, the Celestial pets) will still carry the same pride in your collection as in anyone else's--that you worked hard for them. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help or want other collectors to have these pets. Yeah, I paid retail for my SCII/Diablo pets but I also didn't pay more than anyone else at the time. And I have sweet Collector's Boxes with lots of goodies :P The Anniversary pets basically say "I played WoW before you" which is just luck; we can't do anything about that for anyone. I don't begrudge anyone for owning what I will never have. The CE pets basically say "I had/have more money than you" which, again, is just luck. If I were playing WoW when it first came out I would have the original CE trio. People having the same pets as I do does not diminish my enjoyment. I think we need to be realistic here and stop with the "special snowflake" syndrome. Does it really matter at all in the end? It's just a game--and bringing back the CE WoW pets would put so many smiles on our faces!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 4th, 2015, 12:59 am

Melmo wrote:But really pets are just pixels... the ones you have to work hard for in-game (Stunted Direhorn, Murkimus, the Celestial pets) will still carry the same pride in your collection as in anyone else's--that you worked hard for them. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help or want other collectors to have these pets. Yeah, I paid retail for my SCII/Diablo pets but I also didn't pay more than anyone else at the time. And I have sweet Collector's Boxes with lots of goodies :P The Anniversary pets basically say "I played WoW before you" which is just luck; we can't do anything about that for anyone. I don't begrudge anyone for owning what I will never have. The CE pets basically say "I had/have more money than you" which, again, is just luck. If I were playing WoW when it first came out I would have the original CE trio. People having the same pets as I do does not diminish my enjoyment. I think we need to be realistic here and stop with the "special snowflake" syndrome. Does it really matter at all in the end? It's just a game--and bringing back the CE WoW pets would put so many smiles on our faces!
Posts like this make me wish that there was a "like" option for these forums.

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » October 14th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Maizing wrote:
Melmo wrote:But really pets are just pixels... the ones you have to work hard for in-game (Stunted Direhorn, Murkimus, the Celestial pets) will still carry the same pride in your collection as in anyone else's--that you worked hard for them. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help or want other collectors to have these pets. Yeah, I paid retail for my SCII/Diablo pets but I also didn't pay more than anyone else at the time. And I have sweet Collector's Boxes with lots of goodies :P The Anniversary pets basically say "I played WoW before you" which is just luck; we can't do anything about that for anyone. I don't begrudge anyone for owning what I will never have. The CE pets basically say "I had/have more money than you" which, again, is just luck. If I were playing WoW when it first came out I would have the original CE trio. People having the same pets as I do does not diminish my enjoyment. I think we need to be realistic here and stop with the "special snowflake" syndrome. Does it really matter at all in the end? It's just a game--and bringing back the CE WoW pets would put so many smiles on our faces!
Posts like this make me wish that there was a "like" option for these forums.
+1

Jegojas
Pet Score:6427
BattleTag®:jego#2925
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Post by Jegojas » October 17th, 2015, 9:05 am

+2