Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P not spawning?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vib
Pet Score:974
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu
Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P not spawning?

Post by Vib » September 26th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Hey, I've been trying to catch a P/P Emerald Proto-Whelp of any quality for the last couple of days to no avail. I haven't faced a single P/P yet - is it possible that there is some kind of bug or am I just being EXTREMELY unlucky?

Just for record I faced close to 10 rare Emerald Proto-Whelps during the time that I was looking for a single P/P breed of any quality.. is the P/P some kind of legendary? ;)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P not spawning?

Post by Jerebear » September 26th, 2015, 4:08 pm

I saw one the other day. One thing to keep in mind: make sure you have an up to date breed addon. Earlier this year Blizz changed wild pet battles to have 25% less stats than when you capture them. If you don't have an addon updated so that it takes this into account, it will misread the stats and think it is a different breed.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » September 26th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Well, that would explain a lot. I got to the point I captured everything - and lo, I had P/P or S/S [which would show up as B/B}, H/B would turn into something else etc. I used Pet Tracker addon [I still use it, just not for Breed IDs]. I then got BattlePetBreedID from Curse, which I found to be accurate.

@Vib You are very lucky having found so many - when I went there was only one around which was a poor P/P which I snagged and finally stoned. Went back a few times and there were none.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » September 29th, 2015, 9:45 am

These (and most other rare "area spawn" pets) are rather easy to find using the server-hop feature.

1) Fly out to the area where the pet is "supposed to be".
2) Open the 'Looking for Group' tool.
3) Select 'Premade Groups'.
4) Find a group that is not going to try to summon you or harass you for not participating; fishing groups, grind groups, and open garrisions tend to work best. Try not to join instance raids or achievement groups.
5) 'Sign up'.

Upon joining the group, you should phase to the leader's server after a few seconds (a tad more if you are laggy). Check to see if your pet(s) are populated on the server you are on. If yes, capture the lil buggers, if no, drop the group and start back at step 2.

This technique is terribly handy when looking for jade oozlings, harpies, protowhelps, infinite whelplings, nexus whelplings, and all the other "WTF are they?" type pets. It's also super useful if you are trying to get stupid-hard to find ones like the minfernal and the giraffe.

Best of luck in your hunting!

-Gaht

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » September 29th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Gahtmilch wrote:These (and most other rare "area spawn" pets) are rather easy to find using the server-hop feature.
If you're going to hop, there is an addon called Cross Realm Assist that will make your life much easier.