Battling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lauraalldritt
Pet Score:3192
Realm:Hellfire-eu
Battling

Post by Lauraalldritt » September 15th, 2015, 9:17 am

Hi all, new to the website, but it's full of great info. I've only been pet battling for about weeks and as soon as I got into PVP battles I have no chance.. any chance anyone can point me in the right direction with the pets I have?

Thanks in advance :-)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Battling

Post by Topaz » September 15th, 2015, 9:53 am

The current OP pets are undead with strong AoE (Graves, Weebo, Fragmen of Desire), undead that are strong against undead or just OP(Frostwolf Ghostpup, Ghastly Kid, Bone Serpent), and lastly sweepers with more AoE (Stormwind, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling).

Lauraalldritt

Post by Lauraalldritt » September 15th, 2015, 10:37 am

Topaz wrote:The current OP pets are undead with strong AoE (Graves, Weebo, Fragmen of Desire), undead that are strong against undead or just OP(Frostwolf Ghostpup, Ghastly Kid, Bone Serpent), and lastly sweepers with more AoE (Stormwind, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling).
Sorry what is OP and AoE?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 15th, 2015, 11:13 am

Lauraalldritt wrote:Sorry what is OP and AoE?
OP means Overpowered. They have some really strong attacks that are hard to defend against except with just the right pets on your team.

AoE is Area-of-Effect, does damage to backline pets too. Same time that the active pet is taking damage the other two are also losing health.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 15th, 2015, 4:10 pm

PvP pet battles are a tough thing to get started with. Unlike Arena PvP there's no attempt to match you up with an opponent with about the same level of expertise. So from the beginning it's very likely that you're going to find yourself up again an experienced pet battler with a large collection of pets of every family that are rare and level 25. This means you're going to lose, a lot, while you learn. Some of the pet collectors I know have gotten frustrated and just given up on PvP.

There are two types of PvP battlers that you're going to meet a lot. First are those folks that enjoy the strategy and have spent hundreds of hours refining their technique and pet collection. Then there are the ones who just want easy wins, who watch the forums and happily adopt whatever pet team is currently almost unbeatable and use it till somebody else posts a surefire way to beat it.

I think you need to work on building up your pet collection before seriously jumping into PvP. For example, I didn't see any Undead. Check your Auction House for Weebomination and Ghastly Kid, they've gotten to be fairly cheap since anyone with a Level 3 Menagerie in their garrison will get them if they regularly do the daily.

You also need to spend some time, unfortunately a lot of time, leveling up your pets. A side benefit to this, fighting wild pets teaches the sort of strategies that you'll need for PvP and gives you an opportunity to build up your pet collection. I don't know if EU realms are on same schedule as US but September 23 - 29 is Pet Battle Bonus Event here. You get triple pet XP during the event. Also there's a quest during that weekend that rewards an Ultimate Battle Stone for winning 5 PvP battles. This is the best time for a PvP newbie as the chances are much better you'll be meeting casual battlers that are trying to score the Battle Stone.

Two pets you already have that I'd highly recommend leveling to 25, your Anubisath Idol and the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. The dragonling would also benefit from being stoned to Rare.

The ultimate website for serious pet PvP'ers is Discodoggy's [url]http://www.pvppetbattles.com[/url] .

Good luck. Hope I haven't sounded too discouraging.

Lauraalldritt

Post by Lauraalldritt » September 16th, 2015, 4:18 am

Ranok wrote:PvP pet battles are a tough thing to get started with. Unlike Arena PvP there's no attempt to match you up with an opponent with about the same level of expertise. So from the beginning it's very likely that you're going to find yourself up again an experienced pet battler with a large collection of pets of every family that are rare and level 25. This means you're going to lose, a lot, while you learn. Some of the pet collectors I know have gotten frustrated and just given up on PvP.

There are two types of PvP battlers that you're going to meet a lot. First are those folks that enjoy the strategy and have spent hundreds of hours refining their technique and pet collection. Then there are the ones who just want easy wins, who watch the forums and happily adopt whatever pet team is currently almost unbeatable and use it till somebody else posts a surefire way to beat it.

I think you need to work on building up your pet collection before seriously jumping into PvP. For example, I didn't see any Undead. Check your Auction House for Weebomination and Ghastly Kid, they've gotten to be fairly cheap since anyone with a Level 3 Menagerie in their garrison will get them if they regularly do the daily.

You also need to spend some time, unfortunately a lot of time, leveling up your pets. A side benefit to this, fighting wild pets teaches the sort of strategies that you'll need for PvP and gives you an opportunity to build up your pet collection. I don't know if EU realms are on same schedule as US but September 23 - 29 is Pet Battle Bonus Event here. You get triple pet XP during the event. Also there's a quest during that weekend that rewards an Ultimate Battle Stone for winning 5 PvP battles. This is the best time for a PvP newbie as the chances are much better you'll be meeting casual battlers that are trying to score the Battle Stone.

Two pets you already have that I'd highly recommend leveling to 25, your Anubisath Idol and the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. The dragonling would also benefit from being stoned to Rare.

The ultimate website for serious pet PvP'ers is Discodoggy's

Good luck. Hope I haven't sounded too discouraging.
Thanks for this Ranok, I'll search for some undead and level up Anubisath Idol and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling :-)