unique pets?the math dont add up!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Olson
Pet Score:4250
Realm:Azuremyst-us
unique pets?the math dont add up!

Post by Olson » September 8th, 2015, 7:55 am

I guess I don't fully understand the term "unique" pet. I cannot find a REAL definition anywhere. Please help with what constitutes a unique pet.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: unique pets?the math dont add up!

Post by Ranok » September 8th, 2015, 11:01 am

"Unique" count when you look at your Pet Journal doesn't include certain non-combat pets unless your character personally acquired them. WarcraftPets.com counts every pet any of your toons have gotten to come up with their "Unique" number.

The troublemakers are the Argent Gruntling and Argent Squire from the Argent Tournament and the Guild Herald and Guild Page from the Guild Vendor. I have one toon that bought Herald and Page after getting enough guild rep to be eligible. This is my only toon that'll see those shown as collected when I look at my Pet Journal.

Complicating things further, there are both Alliance and Horde versions of the Guild Herald and Page, and Argent Squire is Alliance-only while Argent Gruntling is Horde. Your Alliance characters can never see the Gruntling in their Pet Journal "Unique" count even if you also had a Horde that painfully grinded out the Tournament quests to get one. Same situation with Horde Herald and Page not counted for Alliance toon even though they have Alliance versions.

Olson
Pet Score:4250
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Olson » September 9th, 2015, 6:47 am

ty vm for your time and thought!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 9th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Actually, I see both my [pet]Argent Squire[/pet] and [pet]Argent Gruntling[/pet] in all of my characters' pet journals. I just can't summon them cross-faction. The [pet]Guild Page[/pet] and [pet]Guild Herald[/pet] on the other hand, are character specific, so they only show up in the pet journals of the characters that have them.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 11th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Maizing wrote:Actually, I see both my [pet]Argent Squire[/pet] and [pet]Argent Gruntling[/pet] in all of my characters' pet journals. I just can't summon them cross-faction. The [pet]Guild Page[/pet] and [pet]Guild Herald[/pet] on the other hand, are character specific, so they only show up in the pet journals of the characters that have them.

Thanks for the education. I don't have either Argent pet (really didn't care much for the Tournament stuff) so was going with what a buddy had told me.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 11th, 2015, 5:32 pm

If it makes you feel better, there are actually character specific versions of the argent squire and gruntling, but the base version is account wide (with the faction limitation of course).

For example, if you get the bridle for the squire, it will transform into an improved version, but just for the character that bought the bridal. All other characters still have access to the base version.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829