Share pet collecting news and advice.
Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
non-combat stone upgrades

Post by Elmarc » June 24th, 2015, 7:40 am

I couldn't find a spot to ask this, so please move it to another categorie if it's not in the right place.

About a week ago I read here on the site it is possible to upgrade non-battle pets (K'ute, Argent Gruntling etc). Since I became aware of this I have been upgrading most of them. I have about 4 left to get to 25, however I tried to upgrade my Gruntling today and it doesn't work. Has it been a bug before and blizzard fixed it. So it is not possible anymore. Or, is it bugged currently and should I still be able to finish those pets still not at max level?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me!

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: non-combat stone upgrades

Post by Jaladar » June 24th, 2015, 8:16 am

In the same boat...I have a bunch of extra upgrade stones and although it doesn't really do anything but settle down my OCD (semi joking there), I decided to stone what I could just because. Prior to the patch it wasn't a problem but I was short Flying stones. Got one this morning and when I tried to use it on a kite it was a no-go, so something has changed but what im not sure--and not sure if it's intended. But the others that were already stoned are still blue so it didn't revert anything that I can tell.

Jal

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 24th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Ugh I found this out when I tried upgrading my Nethaera's Light and it said it was an invalid target. I didn't know if it was just that one pet or if it was an undocumented change for all non-battling pets, but to see that it's the latter makes my little-OCD-heart sad. :/

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » June 24th, 2015, 10:29 pm

I'm only annoyed more or less because I'd started upgrading a few of them already and now they're all stuck at random levels forever. I'd rather they take away the option for levels to even show on these pets since they can't battle anyway. My OCD is almost bad enough to where I don't even want to summon Ku'te or Spring Boquet ever again because they are level 4 and not 1 or 25 :shock: :shock:

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 25th, 2015, 2:34 am

That is annoying... I had upgraded all of my non-battle pets (except that blasted [pet]Sky Lantern[/pet] which I have never been able to stone) so that they are all rare and level 25 and had been planning to do the same for [pet]Nethaera's Light[/pet], once I had some more leveling stones.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » June 25th, 2015, 3:28 am

The Sky Lantern does finally show up blue in the journal, I noticed...

Elmarc
Top Rater

Post by Elmarc » June 26th, 2015, 4:36 am

Received a reply to my ticket. Here's what the GM had to say:

ticket
I can't use the leveling stones on my Sky Lantern / Mystical Spring Bouquet etc. What happened?!

Hello Elmarc,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry that I wasn't able to talk to you while you were online about not being able to use a battle stone on the Mystical Spring Bouquet and Sky Lantern pets, but you were offline when your ticket was assigned to me.

I am sorry for the long wait for a reply.

I can understand your worry about not being able to upgrade these pets, but everything is working correctly. This is because both of these pets are non-combat pets. E.g. you cannot battle them ;)

I hope that helps explain things!
Doesn't really help all of us who have pets at mid-level. I will try and see if I can get a GM to speak to me in-game and explain. If I knew this before, I would have dropped the 400 tokens i had into max everything and got the menagerie-token-vendor-pets a little later :( This is what I am requesting from blizzard now:

new ticket
I might have had to explain and got into a little more detail about it. Before 6.2 it was possible to upgrade non-combat pets with stone (Both level stones, as well as rarity stones). I have used stones to upgrade pets (from their initial uncommon quality, to rare) like Mystical Spring Bouquet and several Kites and more. Recently I was pointed out that it is also possible to level-upgrade these non-combat pets. I have leveled several to 25, and am working to get K'ute, Spring Bouquet and 2 or 3 more to max out. However all of the sudden out of the blue this is not possible anymore since the patch. No notification whatsoever. I want a detailed explanation why this change has been made.

Edit 1: my 2nd ticket
Edit 2: my 1st ticket about the stones

Elmarc
Top Rater

Post by Elmarc » June 27th, 2015, 11:38 am

Customer Service Representative

Hello Elmarc!

Thanks for the update. The ability to use the pet stones on non-combat pets was a unintended bug and it was fixed in patch 6.2, which is why it isn't working anymore.

Remember that in addition to being a great place for answers to many common questions, our support site at https://eu.battle.net/support/ also offers many self help options, such as item restoration for World of Warcraft.
So as it seems, everyone who has pets mid-level is stuck with that, no more leveling with stones :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 27th, 2015, 1:07 pm

I seriously don't get why they thought this had to be "fixed" - it has zero impact on the game and was only being done by hardcore/OCD collectors for fun. The levels didn't reflect in the pet journal, in armory, on rankings here or on other sites and could only be seen if you happened to have the pet out.

Elmarc
Top Rater

Post by Elmarc » June 28th, 2015, 3:51 am

I totally agree. I submitted a suggestion to make all non-combat pets show as level 25 and rare and keep doing so untill they either let us stone-upgrade again or just make the base level for non-combat pets 25 instead of 1 :mrgreen:

Spacerose
Pet Score:5169
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Spacerose » September 7th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Any word if they will make all non combat pets lv 1or 25? I am in the same boat as you guys :roll:

Huntermyth
Top Rater
Pet Score:10368
Realm:Emeriss-eu

Post by Huntermyth » September 8th, 2015, 6:54 am

i somehow both upgraded and leveled my sky lantern from Timeless Isle via stones.

i just focus on 1 task at a time ( i only farm those nagrand rares for pets atm - got 2 ) so i guess i missed that recent change. i would like to level all pets to 25 with stones and looking forward to GM's reply.

Spacerose
Pet Score:5169
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Spacerose » January 1st, 2016, 4:16 pm

I was able to get a GM to restore K'ute to a lv 1 pet by asking via achievement ticket. :D

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » January 3rd, 2016, 2:33 pm

I kind of wish the non-combat pets were in the Toy box as it makes no sense to have them in the pet tab.

That would be like having the Darkmoon "Tiger" in the mounts section.(http://www.wowhead.com/item=77158/darkmoon-tiger

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 3rd, 2016, 3:28 pm

Ziboo wrote:I kind of wish the non-combat pets were in the Toy box as it makes no sense to have them in the pet tab.

That would be like having the Darkmoon "Tiger" in the mounts section.(http://www.wowhead.com/item=77158/darkmoon-tiger
I like that idea, though calling [pet]K'ute[/pet] or [pet]Argent Squire[/pet] a toy… I'm not sure. ;)

My K'ute is stuck on the 14. :< Seriously, any low level on a godlike being looks out of place to me…

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » January 3rd, 2016, 7:07 pm

I wish they would at least make them all rare.
Or give them the Elekk Plushie treatment with "useless" spells.