Amethyst Shale Hatchling wrong breeds/stats?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sqfkyo
Pet Score:4389
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu
Amethyst Shale Hatchling wrong breeds/stats?

Post by Sqfkyo » September 1st, 2015, 4:35 am

Heyas,

I've been trying to catch a P/P Amethyst Shale Hatchling for the Elekk achievement, but unforunately I've only encountered S/S, S/B and B/B breeds. Also, these pets have different stats than the ones calculated on this site or wowhead.

My question: Has any of you other collectors seen any other breeds lately? And do the stats you see on the wild/collected pets match the stats given by this site (http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/elemental/shale-spiders/amethyst-shale-hatchling/)?

Hope to get this sorted soon *smile*.

EDIT: Friend had a P/S one with the right stats collected. Has Blizzard perhaps changed spawns? I'm open to the idea of server hopping to find one if needed. I'm on SteamWheedle Cartel EU if it matters.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Amethyst Shale Hatchling wrong breeds/stats?

Post by Topaz » September 1st, 2015, 10:53 am

The addons that shows pet breeds can be wrong at times and can only be sure when you capture the pet. Just capture one that has more power than speed and hope its a P/P one.
And for the ellek achive - if youre looking for it for the battle against blingtron, teroclaw hatchling can replace it.

Sqfkyo

Post by Sqfkyo » September 1st, 2015, 12:10 pm

Topaz wrote:The addons that shows pet breeds can be wrong at times and can only be sure when you capture the pet. Just capture one that has more power than speed and hope its a P/P one.
And for the ellek achive - if youre looking for it for the battle against blingtron, teroclaw hatchling can replace it.
Thank you so much, I had no idea there could be issues with addons. I thought the data came from WoW itself. Also thank you very much for the replacement suggestion. I have one leveled already :)

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » September 1st, 2015, 4:34 pm

I ran into the exact same issue as you (on the exact same pet, I might add).

You can install Battle Pet Breed ID and it will show you the correct breed when you are facing a wild pet. It runs pretty seamlessly with other pet monitoring addons.

[url]http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid[/url]

Hope that helps a bit in your breed-specific endeavors.

-Gaht

Sqfkyo

Post by Sqfkyo » September 2nd, 2015, 12:41 am

Gahtmilch wrote:I ran into the exact same issue as you (on the exact same pet, I might add).
I *knew* that someone else would've had the same problem on *this* site :D

Thank you very much for the suggestion, it works!

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » September 3rd, 2015, 9:37 am

Another thing to be aware of while breed-hunting is that several pets have "baseline" stats at level one, and many addons do not correctly recognize breed until some levels have been gained, so you might have a B/B when it is level one, but it suddenly becomes another breed after it has leveled. This is mostly a "reward/dropped pet issue" ,since very few pets you capture wild are level 1. I have mostly noticed it on vendored pets that have multiple breeds (Crusher, for instance). Just keep this in mind when acquiring a level 1 pet (especially in the auction house). BreedID should let you know, at the very least, how many possible breeds any given pet has so you can reduce your chances of getting an undesired breed.

Good luck in your hunting!

-Gaht