Tiny Terrors to level pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us
Re: Tiny Terrors to level pets?

Post by Khorah » August 30th, 2015, 6:13 pm

I would say you could duo Felfly with Chrominius, Emerald Proto-Whelp and your carry pet.
Open up with Howl, then Arcane Explosion and finally Surge of Power. Follow up however you want with the other two until Chrom dies, switch in carry, switch in EPW and do the usual, Presence, Dream, Bite..
I keep meaning to try this but keep forgetting.. :oops:

I am uncertain about others, but I am sure that several others could be

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 30th, 2015, 7:22 pm

There is no real incentive to as it only gives the same EXP as a regular wild battle and takes longer in a lot of cases. You are better off going to do FFR icespine packs or the crabs in SMV or similar.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » August 31st, 2015, 10:24 am

There's plenty of guides and ways to level and I don't think there's one that is just so superior to others to say "this is the one".
Just adding my own favourite level spot: FFR as well, just East of the Alliance flight point at Brenny Skymoor (forgot the name of the area, it's in the far North)

Reasons for it:
- Easily reachable, even for a lvl90 twink (also for Alliance)
- Easy mobs that can be done with any lvl90 char and don't annoy much
- Lot's of beast and critter enemies, few flyers, constant respawn

My team for it is:
Level pet first for 1 round (should be level 3-4, or Mechanical/Magic)
Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar (2 2 2)
Anubisath Idol (1 1 1) as backup, rarely ever needed

The Frostboar has strong abilities both against Beasts and against Critters, making the fights short, and with "Pig Out" it can heal itself massively on Critters while doing damage, so much that it only drops down in health considerably if you face a few flyers in a row.

As I said, that's just my setup, there's plenty more that are guaranteed as good as this one, worth trying out a few until you find one that suits you on the long run :-)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » August 31st, 2015, 6:44 pm

The absolute fastest route is tamers if you have the right teams (and you have a lot of pets, so I bet you do). I am able to do all the MoP and Wod tamers in under an hour now using teams from:

WoD:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13853

MoP:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556

The MoP one says 5.4, but still works for today. Check the later comments for some updates. You also have to work out a good route. I can suggest one for alliance if you decide to go that route.

Squirt is a great way, but only shows up in your garrison once every 15 days. Search the forums for a good quick strat.

After that, wild battles.

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » September 1st, 2015, 4:42 pm

Tested one of the tannan pets, and it gives tiny XP and sooooo not worth it. Better to simply stick with trainers.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » September 1st, 2015, 8:59 pm

I completely agree with Jerebear, the quickest way to level is the WoD and MoP battle masters.

Tay
Pet Score:8197
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Tay » September 3rd, 2015, 8:22 pm

I level 2 pets a day from 1 to 9 with Ashlei, Pet Tamer is SMV.... I kill her first 2 pets with my S/S wild crimson hatchling and then get her plushie to about 400 or less. I put away the Wild and take a few hits with each of my level 1s, and then take the plushie out. You can also take two level 9s to about 12 or level a single pet from 1 to 12ish...

Her pets:
Pixiebell: magic
Plushie: Magic
Tally Talbuk: Beast

Your:
Wild Crimson Hatchling (from the Arboretum in Jade Forest... tamable wild pets after you are exalted with the local faction.
and up to 2 leveling pets

Wild Crimson Hatchling 1,1,1
Breath, Healing Flame, Liftoff

Use exact sequence below for an almost unbeatable RNG win! ... by the hair on your chinny chin chin...

start with
Lift off
Breath
healing flame at Wild C's 750 regardless of opponent
breath ... until dead you should be between 500 and 700ish...no worries

when that one dies, Plushi comes out...
Breath (until healing flame is off CD - second turn)
Healing Flame
Liftoff
.......and that brings in the Talbuk, (Plushie is just friendly and goes to sleep here)

Breath
Breath
Breath...
do not heal even if you are close to death... the talbuk's stampede is 3 turns long and you should be able to kill it before it does its next hit, barring any extremely rare RNGs. Its next hit would be pretty much a one-shot on you, so you want it dead first.

Carefully breath down Plushie to around 400 and then switch to leveling pets.... note: don't use liftoff as it may kill plushie before you bring out your levelers.

As a note, if you are leveling 12s and the RNG leaves you with 20 pts on the Talbuk and you get the one shot to the Hatchling, you MAY be able to go first with a speed pet and kill it, or survive the kick to kill it second... that all depends. But if the Wild Crimson dies before the Talbuk with level 1 pets, just surrender and start again for the sure levels. You may need to see this once to see what I mean.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » September 4th, 2015, 2:47 am

Nice one :-)
Ashlei can also be taken out well with a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.
Just Breath Pixiebell to death, then when the plushie comes in, swap to your level pet1, then the level pet2 (if you want), back to Dragonling.
At that time Ashlei will change pets, use Decoy and spam Breath until the fight is over.

The trainers are definitely the best way for daily pet leveling. Going through Frostfire Ridge is more for when you're already done with the dailies, or just don't want to fly / think while battling ^^

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 4th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Ashlei can also be killed with a P/P (breed important) Infinite Whelp

Tail Sweep
Tail Sweep
Tail Sweep (1st pet dies)
Swap to carry
Swap to Infinite Whelp (2nd pet casts sleep on itself)
Early Advantage (3rd pet eats it on the swap)
Tail Sweep (3rd pet dies)
Tail Sweep (can do a second carry pet swap in and out here if you really want)
Tail Sweep
Tail Sweep
Tail Sweep (2nd/Final pet dies)

only 11 rounds if doing a single carry. 13 if you do a double carry. Has to be a P/P for this to work.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 4th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Aranesh wrote:Nice one :-)
Ashlei can also be taken out well with a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.
Just Breath Pixiebell to death, then when the plushie comes in, swap to your level pet1, then the level pet2 (if you want), back to Dragonling.
At that time Ashlei will change pets, use Decoy and spam Breath until the fight is over.
Good strategy swapping to your carry pet soon as Pixiebell dies, but one important step was missed here. When you then swap back to the Mech Pandaren, cast Bombing Run. Decoy isn't that helpful with Tally as he uses Stampede and your decoy goes down real fast. The delayed-action bomb is usually what's going to kill him before he takes out your Pandaren.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 4th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Griml0ck wrote:Thanks guys!

So would you say the Icespine thing is the best way to level your pets? Could you also tell me with which two lv 25's?
If you're gonna be grinding pet rep battling wild pets, highly recommend a Feline Familiar. These cats have maybe the best combination of good hit, good defense, good healing. You can do lot of battles in a row without ever stopping to heal the team.

Start with lowbie pet, by level 3 or 4 they can usually survive first hit. Swap to Feline, pop Stoneskin, then Onyx Bite until opponent gets low enough to take out with Devour. This buffs up your health bigtime and you just keep Stoneskin up while wiping out next two, using Devour whenever it'll kill. Third pet on your team just about any 25, is just-in-case backup.

I'd say over 50% of the time I finish battle with my lovely Feline Familiar fully healed. And even down to 70 or 80% has no problem with next battle, usually comes out of it stronger.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » September 5th, 2015, 4:40 pm

Thanks for the hint on MPD :-) Does indeed work much safer that way!
I'm now casting 3x Breath, then drop Decoy. That way Stampede is over and I'm blocking the two rounds with the +100 incoming damage debuff.