Question about Recruit-A-Friend and WoW Tokens (& Rewards)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tweak
Top Rater
Pet Score:8842
Realm:Ysera-us
Question about Recruit-A-Friend and WoW Tokens (& Rewards)

Post by Tweak » August 11th, 2015, 8:33 am

I had a thought today as I was driving to work, I'm asking about it here because I figure there are a lot of like-minded people who recruit themselves just to get the pets on this forum (and because this is one of the few WoW sites my company doesn't block) >_>

I'm currently sitting on 6 unopened battle chests. I bought them on Black Friday with the intent to recruit them all with my main account to get various mounts/pets. I've done it in the past to get the Zebra, etc. I'm sure many of us have...

Here's my question:

Can I, recruit these accounts with my main account, buy two WoW tokens for $15 a piece on the recruited accounts, GIFT those two tokens to my main account, and still be eligible for the rewards one would normally be eligible for with RaF?

IE. Do two months/tokens need to be APPLIED to the referred account... or do two months/tokens merely need to be PURCHASED by the referred account? Because if I can in fact give all 3 months to my MAIN account (The 2 I need to buy + the 1 free incentive month) well that's much much MUCH more preferable than putting it all on a bunch of dummy accounts that will mostly just collect dust.

This potential loophole sounds too good to be true to me, so I'm guessing it doesn't work; and I probably need to actually APPLY the two tokens to each referred account. But I figured someone here may have already had this thought and tested it for themselves.

Anyone know?

Midnakins
Top Rater
Pet Score:13752
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Question about Recruit-A-Friend and WoW Tokens (& Reward

Post by Midnakins » August 11th, 2015, 9:42 am

My guess is that the tokens would have to be used by the referred account, since the account needs 3 months total of game time activated on to it. The game time from the tokens is not activated until it is used by someone.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Question about Recruit-A-Friend and WoW Tokens (& Reward

Post by Jaladar » August 11th, 2015, 9:51 am

Midnakins wrote:My guess is that the tokens would have to be used by the referred account, since the account needs 3 months total of game time activated on to it. The game time from the tokens is not activated until it is used by someone.
I going to agree with this. The RAF bonus is from the game time being applied to the account. Just purchasing tokens will not check off the box so to speak. When I recruited myself for the pets and mounts I used game-time cards from the store. This way both months are applied at one time so it instantly counted as 2 months and I got my pets/mounts pretty quickly (before they initiated the 7 day waiting period anyway).

I wish your idea would work though that would be nice 8-)