WOW Legion

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us
WOW Legion

Post by Lordblacknail » August 6th, 2015, 7:08 pm

What!!!!??????!!!!! No new PETS??????????????????? What in the Wide World Of Sports does this mean for Humanity???????????????

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919

Re: WOW Legion

Post by Aurae » August 6th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Pets don't really qualify as a new feature to discuss during an unveiling.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 6th, 2015, 7:51 pm

I'm sure they'll reveal more between now and Legion beta. There's a developer livestream on Sunday, and of course, there's always BlizzCon. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264

Post by Lordblacknail » August 6th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Aurae, please say it isn't so!!! What in the world of warcraft could be more important than Pets!!!!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re

Post by Ranok » August 6th, 2015, 9:08 pm

B
Last edited by Ranok on August 6th, 2015, 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » August 6th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Blizzard is fully aware of their masterwork in introducing Pokémon to World of Warcraft. Has kept so very many paying subscribers happy when they get tired of endless questing and raiding and killing time till next expansion. And sometimes they pay Real Money to the Blizz Store. Crazy Cat People.

Pretty sure there's already group of designers and programmers working on neat new pets and pet trainers to tantalize and annoy us.

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » August 7th, 2015, 4:17 am

With every last patch there was always pet content being added. So you can rest assured that there will be many new pets.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » August 7th, 2015, 8:02 am

I wander if they will actually bring major changes to pet battles through that expension as they were supposed to do in WoD.

I do wish they would do something other than just adding new pets (and new moths -_-) be it raising the level cap, adding breeding or who knows what suprirsing feature.

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » August 7th, 2015, 1:51 pm

56 new pets in the expansion.

All of them are moths.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 7th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Caesarromanus wrote:56 new pets in the expansion.

All of them are moths.
I would laugh so hard at the rage this would generate (while trying very very hard to think of what one would name 56 more moths). April Fools joke, make it so!
Lordblacknail wrote:Aurae, please say it isn't so!!! What in the world of warcraft could be more important than Pets!!!!
Admittedly I only flag myself for beta invites so I can get pet previews. :oops:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 7th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Lil' Illidian.

Calling it now!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 7th, 2015, 8:47 pm

i am calling it now 12 new butterflys (moth reskins), 11 new rodents (rat reskins), 13 new insects(roach reskins) :mrgreen:

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » August 9th, 2015, 3:13 am

I hope no more reskins. Quality over quantity I'd say.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » August 9th, 2015, 5:58 am

Finnelis wrote:I wander if they will actually bring major changes to pet battles through that expension as they were supposed to do in WoD.

I do wish they would do something other than just adding new pets (and new moths -_-) be it raising the level cap, adding breeding or who knows what suprirsing feature.
No!!!! For the love of god NO. The level cap at 25 is more than fine, it was hard enough to level what I have. Imagine if the cap was 30... much more experience would be needed for these later levels, it would prolly take at least one pandaren tamer per one level... 730 pets x 5 levels each?? Hold your tongue sir!!! :evil:

Vivienne
Pet Score:13448
BattleTag®:Sassafras#1459
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Vivienne » August 9th, 2015, 10:14 am

Melmo wrote:No!!!! For the love of god NO. The level cap at 25 is more than fine, it was hard enough to level what I have. Imagine if the cap was 30... much more experience would be needed for these later levels, it would prolly take at least one pandaren tamer per one level... 730 pets x 5 levels each?? Hold your tongue sir!!! :evil:

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » August 9th, 2015, 4:54 pm

I don't see the level cap changing, but I could see them implementing epic pets of some sort.

Maybe you can earn a stone to turn a pet epic, and there is a limit of 5 or something.

Lawzzz
Pet Score:4360
BattleTag®:Lawson#1946
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Lawzzz » August 9th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Put me on the side of yes-to-higher-level-cap. I think it would be neat to raise it to 30, and add a 4th ability slot, for a passive of some kind.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » August 10th, 2015, 12:54 am

Jazeel wrote:i am calling it now 12 new butterflys (moth reskins), 11 new rodents (rat reskins), 13 new insects(roach reskins) :mrgreen:
Come now, you know there will also be new snakes and frogs! :lol:
Lawzzz wrote:Put me on the side of yes-to-higher-level-cap. I think it would be neat to raise it to 30, and add a 4th ability slot, for a passive of some kind.
If they're going to shake things up, I'd rather they implement a collar system that could add a buff or give a potential proc of some kind. I like the idea of a fourth move, but noootttt at the cost of more lvling. *whimpers softly*

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » August 10th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Put me in the camp of those happy with 25 remaining the max level.

At this point, I doubt that they will allow us to get epic pets. They were going to do that with pet breeding, but scrapped that... and, if you think of it, it would be just as much of a hassle to get all the pets in a collection to epic as it currently is to get them all to rare.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » August 11th, 2015, 10:13 am

Finnelis wrote:I wander if they will actually bring major changes to pet battles through that expension as they were supposed to do in WoD.

!00% agree there should be at least one new feature, breeding get my vote. Plus some longer term achievements, like the Celestial Tournament, that take a number of weeks to achieve.

On the breeding front something like you mate two battle pets which has an x% chance to produce an egg. The egg takes a period of days to hatch and has a chance of producing the same breed and the mother or father or a rare chance to produce a need breed. There probably should be restrictions on which pets can mate and the actual mating should be 'behind closed doors' :o