Cinder Pup help, please!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Re: Cinder Pup help, please!

Post by Lordblacknail » July 18th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Got mine yesterday, after having the same thoughts as the OP. Why am I so unworthy? I have gotten a mount from the ships too, but not from the garrison. However, comma, I finished the stable mounts yesterday and put my war mill back up.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » July 18th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Ainyan wrote:In order for any of the 6.2 missions to pop in your garrison, the character's ilvl must be at least 675 and they must have at least one follower at 675. Upon reaching all criteria, a player will be offered ONE of the new 6.2 missions.
Just as a note, a player reported in the main cinder pup thread that he received the mission when his character ilvl was 668, so the character ilvl may not be a solid requirement (it might still affect it though).
Clearly I can't offer evidence to refute this, but I can tell you that the first time I checked my available missions after having reached a cumulative ilevel of 675 for my CHARACTER, I got one of the rare missions. Virtually all of my followers had an ilevel of 675 prior.

Only reason I even bothered pushing my character iLevel up to 675 was because of this thread - I'm glad I did it too!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 18th, 2015, 11:45 pm

After reading this thread I've been trying to gear alts up to hit that magic 675 plateau. One alt hit 674 yesterday (with all followers at 675), and sure enough, a 6.2 mission popped up. So I can definitely say 675 is not a hard requirement, but I'm betting that a character at 675 probably guarantees triggering the missions with a smaller chance with ilvls below that.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » July 23rd, 2015, 9:03 am

I was 696 when 6.2 dropped, I'm 701 now -- have never seen ANY of the rare missions. I have probably 40+ 675 followers - never seen it.

I honestly think it's bugged out for people who were way above 675 ilvl on their character.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » July 23rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

These rare missions, new and old are indeed rare. I only got my main to 100 with all followers 675, active and inactive. I kept barracks for 25 followers, I sent them all on missions constantly, noone works. Yet the only rare mission of the new batch I've seen is the 250 Oil Barrel (huge letdown I know :l ). From the old rare missions I've gotten Vargoths staff twice and Halaa 3 times. I assume the new rare missions are tossed into the same pool as the existing ones with similiar %pop rate. One thing is for sure, this is awfully slow with 1 character only :(

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » July 23rd, 2015, 4:55 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:These rare missions, new and old are indeed rare.

I assume the new rare missions are tossed into the same pool as the existing ones with similiar %pop rate. One thing is for sure, this is awfully slow with 1 character only :(
Actually from my experience these seem to work like the Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry boxes. There seems to be a set 1 week spawn timer for the missions based on when a toon first qualifies for them. Of course I could be wrong about this... my main at least gets a mission at the start of the week, like clockwork. Some of my other toons are still on the first mission.

And yes doing it with a single toon is a pain. I got all my alts up to 675 as of today (hurrah!!) so at least I'm maxing out my chances. Still havent' seen the Cinder Pup mission, but the prices are so low I simply bought one from the AH.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » July 27th, 2015, 1:23 am

Just an update--still haven't seen Cinder Pup. Bought him and love him, though! I have gotten the rare missions for rep medallion, honor token, and garrison resources. No mount yet. :/

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 27th, 2015, 5:38 am

Chibimage wrote:I was 696 when 6.2 dropped, I'm 701 now -- have never seen ANY of the rare missions. I have probably 40+ 675 followers - never seen it.

I honestly think it's bugged out for people who were way above 675 ilvl on their character.
It's "bugged" for me too, and I didn't go above 675 until 2-3 weeks after v6.2 was released..

I'm 680/685 now and still haven't had the mission yet, same with the mount-mission.. Have 35ish 675 followers..

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » July 27th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Keep in mind that some of the so-called rare missions aren't all that obvious - I'm wondering if some of the folks who are reporting problems are in fact getting rare missions but maybe don't realize it yet?

Among the possible missions: mount, Cinder Pup, 1000 resources, experience elixir, honor/conquest token, medallion of the legion, barrel of oil, follower ilvl boost (I have not gotten the mount or pet mission, but have gotten all the others).

Those are all considered "rare missions" and you get them once a week per toon that qualifies. So far I have been seeing each ilvl 675 toon get one of the above missions with a 1 week cooldown from the moment they first qualified.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 27th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Rare missions have the "(Rare)" designation in blue, so they should stick out. At least the pre 6.2 rare missions do.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Shoecup » July 27th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Jerebear wrote:Rare missions have the "(Rare)" designation in blue, so they should stick out. At least the pre 6.2 rare missions do.
Even then, people who are specifically looking for the Pet mission will think there is a bug (myself included) and will just overlook any mission not pet related. Since popping all my alts to the 675 ilvl, I've been getting them on a weekly basis ( 3 weeks now about ). I've gotten 3 mounts and 5 pups among other things. It has been confirmed via a twitter that character ilvl is one of the requirements:

[url]https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/620696212421738496[/url]

I just lvled a new toon to 100. I'll be gearing the toon up to 675 first, then I'll check the number of followers needed at 675 to trigger the new missions.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » July 28th, 2015, 12:03 am

i hit 675 a couple of weeks back on my main and sure enough when i hearthed back to garrison the tendrils of the void mission was there, i have had the conquest/valor mission since and one for resources, have a couple of alts close to 675 so in the next weekend or two no doubt i will get three pups at once :)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2015, 4:32 am

I've been over 675 for weeks now (my char and all my followers) and STILL haven't had this mission pop up for me! :roll:

Luckily, my BF has had twice already so he gave me one of his pups. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » August 1st, 2015, 9:07 pm

Yeah I'm 702 now with 25 675 followers and I only get the regular old rare missions. I get rare missions all the time -- just the old ones. My guess is that instead of being broken -- they are just lopped into the rare mission rotation and we're just seriously unlucky SOBs.... and considering my 10 year experience of some of the worst RNG experienced by a player of this game, I am not at all surprised ;)

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » August 3rd, 2015, 8:50 am

**UPDATE**

I had previously immediately received a "new" rare garrison mission each time I got a character to (or past) ilvl 675.

On my 7th char to do this, I did NOT receive one of the new missions. The only differences (that I noticed) between this last character and all the previous ones are:

1) This char reached ilvl 675 without getting the 'Savagely Superior'/'Savagely Epic' achievement (all the others got it when they crossed the ilvl 675 threshold).

2) This char does not have a majority of its minions at ilvl 675 (as a matter of fact, I think it only has one minion at 675).

3) This char has <1000 garrison resources (not sure why that would matter in this case, but it is a difference).

Out of all the previous evidence, I would strongly suspect #2 as being the only suspicious difference that would affect the outcome of receiving the new quests.

To Chibimage- They also seem to be limited to one appearance a week (like the Blackrock Foundry/Highmaul spoils, etc.). In addition to the obvious ones, there are also ones for oil, garrison resources, etc. that are not so obvious as being part of the new batch of quests, but they do count against the 1-appearance-per-week limit.

-Gaht

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » August 9th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Saasan wrote:I have not seen the mission show up for my followers yet. I am wanting to know what lvl/ilvl your followers need to be at to complete it. If it's a low requirement, I'll start checking my poor, neglected alts for what their followers can do.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

I have a spare feel free to make an ally toon on Emerald dream and whisper Nasty (bnet bignasty#6620) and I'll give it to you

Edit: I'm flying to bali for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, so if I'm not around, I will be in a fortnight

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » August 10th, 2015, 10:34 pm

All I know is that my characters iLevel is 705 and I have most of all of my 300+ followers maxed at i675 and have not yet seen the mission for the [pet]Cinder Pup[/pet].

I have not seen the shipyard mission for the [pet]Left Shark[/pet] either.

I forsee myself hearthing to my garrison to continue doing mission all throughout Legion lol.

Gahtmilch

Post by Gahtmilch » August 12th, 2015, 2:00 pm

**UPDATE 2**

As soon as the character I mentioned in my previous post got their 5th ilvl 675 minion, the 6.2 quests immediately started to appear, so if my experience is anything to go by- character ilevel 675 and at least 5 garrison minions at 675 are both required to trigger the appearance of the 6.2 garrison quests (I am pretty sure the rare shipyard quests are wholly independent of these restrictions). The order that those two triggers need to happen do not seem to be prioritized.

Good luck to those of you still hunting!

I think I may have a spare Cinder Pup if someone wants to trade for a Savage Cub. I also have a school of Left Sharks I could part with as well.

-Gaht

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 12th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Sure enough after being given a cinder pup on the weekend the mission dropped for me this week so i now have a spare, still no sign of a land shark mission though.

Gahtmilch

Post by Gahtmilch » August 13th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Sure enough after being given a cinder pup on the weekend the mission dropped for me this week so i now have a spare, still no sign of a land shark mission though.
Land Shark is a purchased item from Nat Pagle once you get him in your garrison. You also need pretty high rep to purchase/learn, even if you have sufficient paglecoins.

Left Shark is a rare shipyard treasure mission reward (I've seen all mine in the lower left quadrant).

-Gaht