Blazing Firehawk Disappointment

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Equeon
Pet Score:3101
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us
Blazing Firehawk Disappointment

Post by Equeon » July 21st, 2015, 10:37 pm

Though I might be a little behind the curve, today I finally hit exalted with Order of the Awakened and quickly bought a [url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=128478/blazing-firehawk]Blazing Firehawk[/url].

I had always wanted a Firehawk pet since I first saw them in the Molten Front back in Cataclysm. A hawk made of fire - what's not to love?! Years after obtaining the beautiful mount, my dreams came true and I could finally have a matching battle pet.

But then I summoned the pet for the first time, and a crashing wave of disappointment immediately extinguished my excitement as the Firehawk waddled towards me. I moved my character forward, and felt my heart sink as the bird shuffled along pathetically behind him.

This beautiful bird - available only as a reward after reaching Exalted with a faction that offers one source of reputation per day - is no more than a glorified, fiery penguin.

A "Flying" type pet, with [url=http://www.wowhead.com/petability=518/predatory-strike]an ability that causes it to actually fly[/url], of a species that is almost always seen flying, is condemned to waddle along the ground with a hyperspeed run animation instead of soaring along in full fiery glory. WHY?

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: Blazing Firehawk Disappointment

Post by Shashos » July 21st, 2015, 11:35 pm

Make a suggestion either through the WoW pet battle forum, or in the in-game interface!

I did that for the dragon whelplings and many of them were eventually were given flight. :)

The little guy is so adorable, he/she deserves to be able to fly.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 22nd, 2015, 6:42 am

Equeon wrote:no more than a glorified, fiery penguin.
I'm sorry but that really made me laugh out loud! :lol:

But yeah, I agree with the above, it's definitely worth mentioning on the forums. If you do made a post, give a shout here and link it so people can go and back you up. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Equeon

Post by Equeon » July 22nd, 2015, 7:52 pm

Update: someone already posted a thread. Share your support here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300184573?page=1

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » July 22nd, 2015, 11:21 pm

i too was horrified this thing thats icon shows it in flight cant bloody fly, its waddling is nauseating tbh i will never summon this pet apart from to level it in battle.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » July 22nd, 2015, 11:45 pm

But to be fair, they waddled just like that in Cata. I did my molten front dailies religiously, and that is exactly how they moved. It should, however, be allowed to fly behind you on a flying mount. Because firehawks *can* fly, but when on the ground they do waddle. I think it's cute myself.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 23rd, 2015, 3:20 am

Melmo wrote:But to be fair, they waddled just like that in Cata. I did my molten front dailies religiously, and that is exactly how they moved. It should, however, be allowed to fly behind you on a flying mount. Because firehawks *can* fly, but when on the ground they do waddle. I think it's cute myself.
+1!

The Blazing Firehawk being unable to fly when on the ground doesn't bother me. But I would really like to see it follow me through the air when I lift off. You'd get the best of both worlds.

Besides, if it hovered in the air while grounded, its idle animation (falls over and goes to sleep - almost literally falls over haha) might look a little awkward.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Equeon

Post by Equeon » July 24th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Melmo wrote:But to be fair, they waddled just like that in Cata. I did my molten front dailies religiously, and that is exactly how they moved. It should, however, be allowed to fly behind you on a flying mount. Because firehawks *can* fly, but when on the ground they do waddle. I think it's cute myself.
+1!

The Blazing Firehawk being unable to fly when on the ground doesn't bother me. But I would really like to see it follow me through the air when I lift off. You'd get the best of both worlds.

Besides, if it hovered in the air while grounded, its idle animation (falls over and goes to sleep - almost literally falls over haha) might look a little awkward.
The same argument could be made for the Proto-Drakes, but I feel like most people would prefer a pet with usable wings to fly by default. As cute as the waddle is, the animation is too fast to really be able to enjoy the pet.

For separate movement modes - as far as I know, the only pets that have separate grounded/flying movement are purchased from the Blizzard Store. As for the idle animation, Willy the baby Beholder flies by default, but lands to take a nap. I don't see why the same idea couldn't work for the Firehawk.

Equeon

Post by Equeon » September 1st, 2015, 4:23 pm

It would seem that my prayers have been answered! The Blazing Firehawk has finally figured out how to fly! :D

[url=http://i.imgur.com/2SpUHME.jpg]See for yourself![/url]