Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us
Cinder Pup help, please!

Post by Saasan » July 1st, 2015, 6:29 pm

I have not seen the mission show up for my followers yet. I am wanting to know what lvl/ilvl your followers need to be at to complete it. If it's a low requirement, I'll start checking my poor, neglected alts for what their followers can do.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Cinder Pup help, please!

Post by Quintessence » July 1st, 2015, 6:56 pm

[url=http://www.wowhead.com/mission=678/fiery-friends]Fiery Friends[/url] - a level 100 follower mission, item level 675. Stays in your missions list for 7 days or until completed. Hope this helps!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 2nd, 2015, 10:29 am

You must have at least 1 Follower at 675 for this mission to show up

Saasan
Top Rater

Post by Saasan » July 2nd, 2015, 1:41 pm

Thanks for the help, guys! Luckily I have several 675 followers, so hopefully this pup will show up for me soon. And thanks especially for the link, [profile]Quintessence[/profile]. Now I can focus on leveling followers with the appropriate skills.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » July 3rd, 2015, 11:53 pm

It's also a rare mission so it may take a bit of time to show up. I have plenty of alts and have seen the mission one time myself, yet I haven't seen the mount mission or some of the other rare missions yet.

Good luck!

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 4th, 2015, 6:41 am

Ok, I just tested this and you need to have 675 ilvl as well to get this mission. Tested this by raising 6 alts to that ilvl and immediately on hitting 675 (overall, not equipped ilvl I should note) they got the new missions including one of them for cinder pup. Seems you get one out of that new batch of rare missions per week, might get for legion medallion, the mount, pet, that burning blade toy or a 15 min xp elixir. Good luck!

Saasan
Top Rater

Post by Saasan » July 4th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Ishildur wrote:Ok, I just tested this and you need to have 675 ilvl as well to get this mission. Tested this by raising 6 alts to that ilvl and immediately on hitting 675 (overall, not equipped ilvl I should note) they got the new missions including one of them for cinder pup. Seems you get one out of that new batch of rare missions per week, might get for legion medallion, the mount, pet, that burning blade toy or a 15 min xp elixir. Good luck!

Wow, thank you very much for this info. Looks like I'll need to get moving on my toon and not just my pets and followers! Thank you!!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 15th, 2015, 3:41 am

Ishildur wrote:Ok, I just tested this and you need to have 675 ilvl as well to get this mission. Tested this by raising 6 alts to that ilvl and immediately on hitting 675 (overall, not equipped ilvl I should note) they got the new missions including one of them for cinder pup. Seems you get one out of that new batch of rare missions per week, might get for legion medallion, the mount, pet, that burning blade toy or a 15 min xp elixir. Good luck!
Anecdotal evidence != fact..

I was iLevel 678 (overall) for more than two weeks and 3 days ago, made it to 677 equipped.. Still no mission have popped for me..
I also have 20+ ACTIVE followers that are 675 (no idea how many inactive)..

Strongly considering shelling out those 4500ish gold on AH...

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 15th, 2015, 6:37 am

FuxieDK wrote:Anecdotal evidence != fact..

I was iLevel 678 (overall) for more than two weeks and 3 days ago, made it to 677 equipped.. Still no mission have popped for me..
I also have 20+ ACTIVE followers that are 675 (no idea how many inactive)..

Strongly considering shelling out those 4500ish gold on AH...
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working for everyone exactly like it did for me for some reason and those that are affected seem to be in some sort of stuck state. Hard to work out why without info. Worked for me though on 15 different characters like clockwork, sold 2 of the mounts, gotten 2 pups, taken screenshots of some of the alts mission log just before I bumped them to 675 (I like to document my coincidences) and just after (one even got the 2nd cinder pup) and heh, I'm done with all the new mission stuff now so I can just sell my spares and chill since it's no longer relevant.

Not sure how to get them to pop for people who seem to be stuck without the 675+ unlock, though I think I read about someone getting it to pop after being stuck, too tired can't remember where I read it however. I know the more I've read the more I think there must be something, some thing that's causing higher trigger lvls and possibly lower trigger levels based on some third factor which could be anything, quest completion, legendary quest, raiding progress, number of yellow colored pets... whatever you get the idea. Because I've seen people claim needing higher and needing lower numbers before the 6.2s came up for them - I could understand if there was a base of 675 and then some hidden +/-... or it could just be buggy as Oronok was, who knows?

Edit: Ah, Rygarius did confirm some missions do go by character ilvl on his twitter feed (didn't confirm it was only that though). The question now becomes what the other requirements are then and why it works for some but not all.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » July 15th, 2015, 3:54 pm

Just to add to the confirmation, I got a drop from Hellfire LFR that took me to character ilvl 675.

When I got back home to the Garrison, the cinder pup mission was available. Most of my active followers were Ilvl 675, but not all (even had a fresh 90 from the Tavern).

I have 6 other L100 alts at less than ilvl 675, most with a full garrison of ilvl 675 minions (all my chars have shipyard L2). Not one has seen one of the new 6.2 missions.

In the word(s) of Adam Savage and Jaime Hyneman, I declare this one "Confirmed".

-Gaht

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » July 16th, 2015, 2:29 am

Ishildur wrote: Not sure how to get them to pop for people who seem to be stuck without the 675+ unlock.
Just a thought, but maybe they could reduce their item level my popping an item or 2 in the bank when they log out and re-equip it the next day - might cause it to trigger. Can't hurt :-)

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 16th, 2015, 10:17 am

I hate rng and almost always have terrible rng luck
For some strange reason not with this pet though.
Just got my second one.
Thought hey maybe I am on luck streak ran the new raid used 5 coins and nothing.
So rng still sucks.
Good luck to all.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 16th, 2015, 4:08 pm

Waflob wrote:
Ishildur wrote: Not sure how to get them to pop for people who seem to be stuck without the 675+ unlock.
Just a thought, but maybe they could reduce their item level my popping an item or 2 in the bank when they log out and re-equip it the next day - might cause it to trigger. Can't hurt :-)
Been there, done that..

Not working..

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 16th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Waflob wrote:
This won't work. Items in the bank still count towards your ilvl.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 17th, 2015, 7:33 am

Stopped caring.. Found it on AH for 690g.. ;)

Ainyan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7069
BattleTag®:Ainyan#1293
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ainyan » July 17th, 2015, 3:09 pm

It is important to remember that this mission is just one of many added to the Garrison in 6.2. In order for any of the 6.2 missions to pop in your garrison, the character's ilvl must be at least 675 and they must have at least one follower at 675. Upon reaching all criteria, a player will be offered ONE of the new 6.2 missions - it may be the pet, it may be the mount, it may be one of the garrison supply ones or the conquest ones. It seems to take several days for 6.2 missions to pop again once completed - I think I've been seeing one about every five days or so.

It's all about patience.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 17th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Ainyan wrote:It is important to remember that this mission is just one of many added to the Garrison in 6.2. In order for any of the 6.2 missions to pop in your garrison, the character's ilvl must be at least 675 and they must have at least one follower at 675. Upon reaching all criteria, a player will be offered ONE of the new 6.2 missions - it may be the pet, it may be the mount, it may be one of the garrison supply ones or the conquest ones. It seems to take several days for 6.2 missions to pop again once completed - I think I've been seeing one about every five days or so.

It's all about patience.
There is a mount too????

DAMN!!!!!!!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 18th, 2015, 11:00 am

Ainyan wrote:In order for any of the 6.2 missions to pop in your garrison, the character's ilvl must be at least 675 and they must have at least one follower at 675. Upon reaching all criteria, a player will be offered ONE of the new 6.2 missions.
Just as a note, a player reported in the main cinder pup thread that he received the mission when his character ilvl was 668, so the character ilvl may not be a solid requirement (it might still affect it though).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Jerebear wrote: Just as a note, a player reported in the main cinder pup thread that he received the mission when his character ilvl was 668, so the character ilvl may not be a solid requirement (it might still affect it though).
This. There are still some 675+ toons out there that have yet to see the new missions, while there are sub-675 characters receiving them already.

So I can only conclude (for now) that character item level doesn't guarantee the new 675 follower missions. It probably just increases your chances of getting them.

Or perhaps 675+ toons should be getting the missions but aren't due to a bug. *shrug*

At this point I've given up on speculating and trying to figure out the mechanics/reasoning behind this lol. I wish Blizzard devs would just confirm one way or another.

On the bright side, though, there are plenty of Cinder Pups to adopt from the AH. Hopefully they're not too expensive on most servers.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 18th, 2015, 3:50 pm

It would be better to differentiate when it comes to iLevel. Are those sub 675s equipped or overall iLevel? In cases like this, overall is what matters. I have actually been wondering about that since some of those comments were made, but I am usually reading during quick breaks at work so have not been able to post, and tend to forget once I have the time.

It is just like the dungeon/raid finder, you only have to have the overall required iLevel to meet goal. There are a number of individuals that still do not understand the difference. Buy a few BoEs off the AH, run your dungeons/raids until you meet the level off drops from there, and resell the BoEs.

Now, I am inclined to believe that, while not all of the new rare missions may be tied to iLevel, some are. This was, after all, confirmed by Rygarius. Although it could be argued he said level over iLevel, however, in the context of the reply to what was asked it still makes sense to correct his statement to be iLevel. Either way, that iLevel breakpoint is triggering the missions for a lot of folks. I have still yet to see any of the new rare missions on any of my sub-675 (overall) toons. Shoot, I still have not seen any of the heirloom missions from the few that have shipyards. :(

Perhaps instead, we should be looking at the criteria on a mission to mission basis. Rare missions are still completely RNG, but a "what have you changed" when one pops into the rotation, and which mission it was, could produce more common results among them.

Eh, just a thought anyway. :D