(US) Mini Thor + Baneling + Archon for $99.99 in Blizz Shop!

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
(US) Mini Thor + Baneling + Archon for $99.99 in Blizz Shop!

Post by Melmo » July 15th, 2015, 4:53 pm

But the catch? It can't be gifted, and you CANNOT own any previous SCII collector's editions or digital deluxe editions, or you are not eligible.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft-ii-complete-collection

So if you don't own ANYTHING from StarCraft you can get all three pets for $99.99! A GREAT deal!!!

Kind of butthurt because I paid a pretty penny for my Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition years ago and the original Digital Deluxe Edition price for my Baneling, but hey it's great news for those collectors who waited! :lol:

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: (US) Mini Thor + Baneling + Archon for $99.99 in Blizz S

Post by Faelar » July 15th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Geez that is a killer deal for people that are missing those pets. Thor itself was viewed as quite the rarity these days.

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » July 15th, 2015, 5:41 pm

So.... I don't think there's any way around this if you already bought the game(s). :cry: I tried....
(edit: I did change the names obviously)
Orc Chat Peonat 18:11:09
A representative will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Need help resetting your password? Try our self-help options here!
Don’t have access to your authenticator? Remove it using this link.
Clicking these links will not close your Live Chat session.
Orc Chat Peonat 18:11:19
You have been connected with GM .
Charlotte at 18:11:12
hi there!
GM at 18:11:33
Hello Ellen, I am Game Master GM ! =D
GM at 18:11:41
How can I be of help today?
Charlotte at 18:11:43
So... the thing is, I buy the collector's editions b/c i collect battle pets heh.
And I'd like to be able to buy that new bundle for $99, but because I already bought the second game, it won't let me :(
Charlotte at 18:12:20
I'm 100% fine rebuying the second game if it means I can get the first and third games!
GM at 18:12:44
Let me take a look and see if there is anything we can do.
Charlotte at 18:13:07
it's the starcraft II: the complete collection. i'd be buying it for the 1st and 3rd, which i don't have. it just won't let me b/c i already have the 2nd :s
Charlotte at 18:13:24
GM at 18:14:35
I am seeing you already have the other games so you should be able to get the pets from the digital deluxe version here [link to buying just the latest version- not the bundle with mini thor].
Charlotte at 18:15:06
the complete collection comes with mini thor. and the 3rd game that isn't out yet, right? i'm pretty sure i don't have the mini thor. i think my first starcraft (if i have it at all) was just a normal version, which doesn't have the mini thor. it's something i've been after for a while.
Charlotte at 18:16:08
just been too expensive on ebay :/
GM at 18:16:43
Ah I see. Let me look at something right quick
Charlotte at 18:16:41
k, thanks :D
GM at 18:24:35
So I did some looking and right now the only way to get that bundle your account must not have any accounts on the bnet. sadly we have no way around this so purchasing the Legacy of the void version is the only option. This is something I am going to forward up so it can be looked into as this is the first day it has gone on sale to make sure this is working correctly.
Charlotte at 18:25:10
dang :( see, i woulda paid the $99 for mini thor alone.
Charlotte at 18:25:29
thanks for looking though
GM at 18:26:33
No problem. Hopefully we will get some work back and find out more information. Are there any other issues I can address for you today?
Charlotte at 18:26:39
nah, that's it. thanks
GM at 18:27:28
Take Care Charlotte, I hope you have a great day and May the winds be ever at your back gently leading you to great reward. =D
Charlotte at 18:27:18
well, i wonder if i made a second battlenet account , a new one, and purchased it then, do you think i could merge the bnet accounts and get the pets that way?
Charlotte at 18:27:54
does that even work
GM at 18:28:57
We would not be able to merge them because a bnet can only have one SC2 account on it at a time. So it would have to stay on the other bnet.
Charlotte at 18:29:00
oh wow. dang. ok thanks
Charlotte at 18:30:23
hopefully they'll change their minds and let us buy it anyways
GM at 18:31:47
I hope so as well. :) I am in the same boat. xD
Charlotte at 18:32:38
really, dang. well, push this on up the ladder lol. blizz will make more money and we'll get pets! win win ;D
Charlotte at 18:32:41
ty
GM at 18:33:30
You are welcome and have a great day. :)
Charlotte at 18:33:26
you too
Last edited by Charlott on July 15th, 2015, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 15th, 2015, 5:42 pm

It says if you own the non CE/DDE versions of the earlier games you'll get a discounted price but sadly I've got the CE of the second and have the baneling already and it says I don't qualify. Hopefully, they'll change it and just give you a further discount for things. I'd love to pay ~$70 to upgrade my standard edition of the first one two the DDE along with getting the third DDE.

Charlott
Top Rater

Post by Charlott » July 15th, 2015, 5:44 pm

I'm gonna go look on the official forums and see if there's anyone else asking for this. If not, maybe we should start a thread..

[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300623437]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300623437[/url]
i made one. lol
Last edited by Charlott on July 15th, 2015, 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 15th, 2015, 5:45 pm

I mean you'd think Blizz would find a way because all it means is that they can make more money off of SC..now if they'd only offer previous WoW CEs like this....

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » July 15th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Yeah, it's basically punishing you for buying anything from StarCraft previously, which I don't agree with at all. It makes no sense! I'm more or less upset that I have to pay $60 for this newest pet when I've already given Blizzard TONS of money to get the other two pets. They should let me get a third of that bundle for that price, i.e. it should let me pay $33.33 for the newest pet, lol.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 15th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Ugh no kidding, having to drop 60 on this new expansion for the Archon pet is painful.

Charlott
Top Rater

Post by Charlott » July 15th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Melmo, I feel the exact same way. Kicking myself right now for buying the second CE, and how silly is that!
I posted a thread in the SC support forums as well. [url=http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18300813176]http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18300813176[/url]
I don't even care if they don't discount it... I just want a $99 mini thor.......

edit: it looks like there are other threads in the SC forums as well. At least I'm not the only one!
Last edited by Charlott on July 15th, 2015, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772

Post by Roisen » July 15th, 2015, 6:13 pm

I got a GM response that said they were working on making it possible for those of us that had 1/2 collectors to buy it.
And I got that response around the same time the other poster has one saying they aren't going to so .... idk?

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » July 15th, 2015, 6:29 pm

I'm on live chat now so will post my results, I'm asking to remove my current SC2 off my bnet so I can repurchase

Edited with gist of chat

okay i understand you are wanting to purchase the complete edition of the new Starcraft 2 preorder for Legacy of the void but are unable to do so as you have previously purchase Starcraft 2 collectors or digital deluxe on a previous version and would like your starcraft 2 licenses removed is this correct?
Dave at 9:31:51
yes thats correct
Aldverhatat 9:32:15
Thank you. I wanted to be sure i understood correctly.
Dave at 9:32:21
as a pet collector, its cheaper to do this than to try getting the original SC2 CE off ebay
Aldverhatat 9:34:07
I totally understand the desire to do so. I, too, have the same concerns as a player as i'm in the same boat. However removing an active licenses from your account is not an option we can provide. Give me just a few to see if we have any other options available.
Dave at 9:35:33
it just feels like we are being punished for buying things as soon as they come out (and yes I know its not you who makes the rules :P)
Aldverhatat 9:37:52
I totally understand how that can be seen that way but i assure you it is not intended as a punishment. Although customer support does not have any information as to the cause or why promotions occur, I know that punishing anyone especially our loyal players is not the cause of this issue.
Aldverhatat 9:38:21
Just to let you know I, too, fall into this same category.
Aldverhatat 9:38:38
but still checking in on this to see if there are any options.

okay after looking over things i see that this is something our development team is aware of and is working to resolve. I do understand your desire and concerns for this purchase and in this case we'll need to wait until our developers have a resolution for this concern for both of us and everyone else in this circumstance.
Last edited by Bignasty on July 15th, 2015, 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772

Post by Roisen » July 15th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Ya I didn't bother to save the convo because the response was the GM just saying "we will work to make it possible, as soon as possible" and it seemed logical that they hadn't thought people would want it if they already had one collectors and now that they know I'm sure they will fix it.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » July 15th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Bignasty wrote:I'm on live chat now so will post my results, I'm asking to remove my current SC2 off my bnet so I can repurchase
*glares angrily at you*

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » July 15th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Sibi wrote:
Bignasty wrote:I'm on live chat now so will post my results, I'm asking to remove my current SC2 off my bnet so I can repurchase
*glares angrily at you*

Sorry Sib, but I gotta do what I can to keep in front of you.. lol *hugs*

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » July 15th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Bignasty wrote:
Sibi wrote:
*glares angrily at you*

Sorry Sib, but I gotta do what I can to keep in front of you.. lol *hugs*
If it works for you don't think for one minute I won't be all over it!

Charlott
Top Rater

Post by Charlott » July 15th, 2015, 7:04 pm

When I saw that post, I too had to try...
TLDR: They can't remove licenses, but they are working a fix. (Edit: and I changed our names again, obviously.)
Orc Chat Peonat 19:51:33
A representative will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Need help resetting your password? Try our self-help options here!
Don’t have access to your authenticator? Remove it using this link.
Clicking these links will not close your Live Chat session.
Orc Chat Peonat 19:51:54
You have been connected with GM#2 .
GM#2 at 19:51:58
Greetings, this is Game Master GM#2 . How are you doing today?
Charlotte at 19:51:55
I'm pretty good, how are you? :)
GM#2 at 19:52:27
I definitely can't complain! ^.^
Charlotte at 19:52:37
So... I want to buy the Starcraft bundle, but I can't because I already have bought the Heart of the Swarm collector's edition (and the WoL non-collector's edition).
Charlotte at 19:53:01
But i want the bundle for the mini thor pet (WoL collector's edition), soooo is there any way you could just delete the licenses so I can buy it?
GM#2 at 19:55:35
I gotcha. Unfortunately, there is currently an issue with players being unable to purchase the complete bundle if they have any other SC2 license attached to their account. I'm unable to remove heart of the swarm from your account.
GM#2 at 19:55:50
With that said, we are working on a resolution and we will make an announcement when we've fixed it. D:
Charlotte at 19:56:16
oh, so there is a plan to make it available for purchase even if I already have part of the bundle?!
Charlotte at 19:56:19
that would make my day :D
GM#2 at 19:56:53
Indeed! We are aware of it at the moment and working on getting things sorted out. :p
Charlotte at 19:56:55
thanks so much! I will be waiting ... :P
GM#2 at 19:57:29
^.^ Not a problem! Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Charlotte at 19:57:34
Nope, that's it. Thanks for your time :)

Markedangel6469
Pet Score:4216
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Markedangel6469 » July 16th, 2015, 8:15 am

Got this this am from them!
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings ,

This is Game Master Beroddra. I saw that you were having difficulty purchasing the StarCraft II Complete Collection off of the Battle.net shop.

VERY fortunately, this is actually a bug. It was intended that one could purchase the digital deluxe version to receive digital deluxes of all of the StarCraft II versions; however, it isn't currently functioning correctly. Our team is currently working on getting it fixed on our end. So, no worries! Someday Soon™, you'll be able to purchase the digital deluxe complete collection and have everything you desire. We did not intentionally alienate you. So, don't purchase that $300 plus collector's edition of Wings of Liberty off of some website - we've got your back.

If there's anything else we can do for you, just let us know. You can always open a new ticket for any other questions you might have. Take care and be well, friend.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » July 16th, 2015, 8:31 am

Awesome!!! Now can they please re-release the Vanilla WoW pets pronto--please and thank you, lol.

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » July 16th, 2015, 8:45 am

Alright, Nasty. It's on!

Charlott
Top Rater

Post by Charlott » July 16th, 2015, 9:21 am

Melmo wrote:Awesome!!! Now can they please re-release the Vanilla WoW pets pronto--please and thank you, lol.
LOL that is pretty much what I said this morning too!
WTB vanilla wow pet bundle lolol

Edit:
Someone posted another GM response...
Here is what the Game Master said to me afterwards:

Hello there Andrew,

I’m Game Master Mengorleylis and I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a ticket to chat with me a little while ago, and I hope you were satisfied with our conversation regarding the WoL DD (as well as HotS DD). As mentioned, we are sending feedback on this, and I strongly recommend getting a forum thread going on this. Would be very valuble for the Devs to see how many would like to get the old DD content with their current licenses.

I do hope everything I shared was clear but if I was confusing at any point please reply to the ticket or close it and provide any feedback in the followup survey:
(I cut off the link and stuff)