Vampiric Batling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Leathercream
Top Rater
Pet Score:4119
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us
Vampiric Batling

Post by Leathercream » July 7th, 2015, 9:52 pm

I read somewhere that if you could find someone who still has the quest for this, you can share it and get tenris to spawn. Is this true or a lost cause?

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Re: Vampiric Batling

Post by Shoecup » July 7th, 2015, 11:34 pm

Lost cause. It was during a pre-launch event to WoTLK, and if I recall, there wasn't any quest to it. He was just in a hidden room in Karazahn.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 8th, 2015, 7:02 am

Shoecup wrote:Lost cause. It was during a pre-launch event to WoTLK, and if I recall, there wasn't any quest to it. He was just in a hidden room in Karazahn.
It was a Halloween event. You had to take a small group of folks (up to 10) and fight the guy in the servants quarters (not so much hidden as an alternate route through Kara that very few took)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Greasybeard
MVP
Pet Score:9444
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Greasybeard » July 10th, 2015, 10:58 pm

It was actually for the WotLK launch event. Different undead bosses spawned in several dungeons. They were only available for 2 weeks.

But I suppose it did happen around Halloween.

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » July 11th, 2015, 1:01 am

I had done that event with guildies and am glad i did not throw away the pet back then, cos of never having space bags
I had put it in my bank :)

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » July 13th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Greasybeard wrote:It was actually for the WotLK launch event. Different undead bosses spawned in several dungeons. They were only available for 2 weeks.

But I suppose it did happen around Halloween.

I had always thought it was a holiday event (some kind of Welcome to Kara! type of thing), so although frustrated that I don't have it, I didn't think too much about not getting it. Blizz does like to keep some older things as rare achievements, etc, and I guess that's up to their judgment. And then suddenly, this information! A pre-WotLK event? Ahh I guess that is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing-----WAIT, so was the pre-WoD stuff and the Iron Starlettes are cageable! Even if Blizz doesn't want to make the bats cageable, I think in the light of consitency they might add them to the BMAH.

Thoughts? I might put it in the forums if you guys think that's reasonable (beyond just "I want it!!!!"--because the longing does cloud my judgment...).

Tweak
Top Rater
Pet Score:8842
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Tweak » August 11th, 2015, 11:19 am

As others have said, it was the WotLK Pre-Launch event, which coincidentally overlapped with Halloween, I believe.

There actually was a quest to kill him involved, but the quest wasn't what spawned him as far as I'm aware. He was just there; and the quest was a separate beast. One of my alts still has it completed in her log, and has been unable to turn it in for years (at least not through any means I'm aware of). I killed him with her and forgot to turn it in before the event ended, as it was given by an event NPC, she never finished it. I believe it's called "Chamber of Secrets" if you want to look into it.

You have me insanely curious to take that alt in there and see if the door opens though now. I don't expect it to... but I'm still going to try when I get home, lol. If it works, I'm poised to make a zillion gold passing out Vampiric Batlings to people (but if that were possible, I'm sure the entire community of this site would be perfectly aware of it by now, so again, I don't expect it to work).

I will forever regret passing on the guitar axe to another hunter in my guild. He used the "it's an actual upgrade for me" excuse (we used axes back then, kinda)... in hindsight, it was an upgrade for about 10 minutes before WotLK hit, and much more coveted as a toy than an actual axe in the longrun. I don't even know where that guy is now, or what his name was, he probably quit playing. I should not have been the nice guy that day.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 11th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Saasan wrote:Ahh I guess that is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing-----WAIT, so was the pre-WoD stuff and the Iron Starlettes are cageable! Even if Blizz doesn't want to make the bats cageable, I think in the light of consitency they might add them to the BMAH.

Thoughts? I might put it in the forums if you guys think that's reasonable (beyond just "I want it!!!!"--because the longing does cloud my judgment...).
This is what bugs me. I expected the Starlettes to be BoP since it was a pre-event pet, but I guess because it came out in an era where pet battling is a thing instead of back when it wasn't, they figured, "Oh we really should make this tradeable for the sake of pet battling!" but then didn't go back to flag the Batling in the same way. I really think the Batlings should be cageable or made available on BMAH to keep it consistent.

Tweak
Top Rater
Pet Score:8842
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Tweak » August 11th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Saasan wrote:Ahh I guess that is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing-----WAIT, so was the pre-WoD stuff and the Iron Starlettes are cageable! Even if Blizz doesn't want to make the bats cageable, I think in the light of consitency they might add them to the BMAH.

This is what bugs me. I expected the Starlettes to be BoP since it was a pre-event pet, but I guess because it came out in an era where pet battling is a thing instead of back when it wasn't, they figured, "Oh we really should make this tradeable for the sake of pet battling!" but then didn't go back to flag the Batling in the same way. I really think the Batlings should be cageable or made available on BMAH to keep it consistent.
My only problem with making the Batling cageable NOW is I deleted about 6 Batlings in the big pet merge under the assumption they'd be forever useless.

Considering no new ones will ever be created, and you'd need to already HAVE one to get one and cage it, they'd presumably be worth a pretty penny, and I'd be very salty that I deleted them only for Blizzard to then backpeddle (I assume I wouldn't be the only one either).

I'd get over it, but it would still be pissing off one group of people to please another (which is pretty much an average day for Blizzard, lol)...