Share pet collecting news and advice.
Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us
Blizz BMAH Poll

Post by Necia » July 7th, 2015, 3:37 am

Not sure it'll make a big difference but saw rare pets were an option. I was a little surprised at the low pet vote too, so just sharing in case folks didn't catch it on the front page. :)

[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19816679/poll-the-black-market-auction-house-7-6-2015]Blizzard: Poll the Black Market Auction House[/url]

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Blizz BMAH Poll

Post by Salus » July 7th, 2015, 10:30 am

I suspect it's because the "rare" pets that are on the BMAH are usually available on the regular AH for similar prices. I've often seen BMAH pets bid up much higher than their normal AH prices.

I've bid on just about every category of item on the BMAH. Anecdotally, I would say legacy items (T3 mostly) and mounts are the most popular. The Unclaimed container also does quite well, but I assume that is people hoping for mounts.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » July 7th, 2015, 1:18 pm

If it was something no longer available, then perhaps it would do better (Bat from Kara, Olympic dragon, Gladiator murk, etc).

They went quite a ways to kill the 3rd party gold trade and they could do a number on 3rd party pet trade by putting them on BMAH.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 8th, 2015, 3:25 am

Availability is the main thing. You can get all of those pets from the AH if you're patient, while the mounts and the transmog gear for the most part you simply can't buy. And trust me, a person can only run certain raids so many times before they go a little insane and would rather spend gold on the BMAH. Oh Kael'thas... so much talk and wait for so short a time fighting.