Darkmoon Fishing

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us
Darkmoon Fishing

Post by Jazeel » July 5th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Just in case anyone is worried that this will be painful grind, it isn't. I was able to get both pets and the toy in about 30 minutes of fishing on a lvl 52 alt with 600 fishing skill and a iron pole,no bait or other boosts. The process is greatly helped by the bloated sharks that dropped 6-10 darkmoon daggermaw each and some gold, i was getting one of those approximately every 12th cast. Blorp is cute as, the crab kinda nice too.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Darkmoon Fishing

Post by Aurae » July 5th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I don't think the level of fishing skill comes into play with the Daggermaw. I've been fishing on an alt between dungeons and all I've caught is that specific fish. Started with a single digit skill level, no pole or any boosts. Outside of the crates, the sea pony, or the bloated thresher, looks like all you get is the Darkmoon Daggermaw.

At least, that's my experience with it today.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » July 5th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Yup, I was braced for pain but the fishing was quite easy. Hurrah for new pets!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » July 11th, 2015, 3:57 am

I started with an alt, who had 1 skill in fishing. Caught junk (weeds, grey vendorfish etc) for the first 10 or so casts, then caught Daggermaw on every cast thereafter. Very easy, just a little boring if you don't really like fishing. :)

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » July 12th, 2015, 12:28 am

Not sure if it's due to fishing skill or not - but I had my whole fishing ensemble on (arcanite pole + fishing line, fishing hat, fishing boots, enchanted gloves, lure, ect...) - and while I was catching daggermaw predominantly, I was also landing Darkmoon crates and Bloated Threshers. The crates contained several new flasks found via DMF, and the Bloated Threshers contained a bunch of Daggermaw fish and a good amount of gold (between 10-40g I found in them roughly).