Core Hound Pup

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zogs
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Stonemaul-us
Core Hound Pup

Post by Zogs » July 1st, 2015, 4:47 pm

So figured it was time to get this guy and added a authenticator. If I remove my authenticator now, I understand that I lose the pet. But Will the pet still be in my armory ? I really don't care if I just lose him in game, I don't use 650 of my 700ish pets anyway.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Re: Core Hound Pup

Post by Africanleopard » July 2nd, 2015, 9:49 am

I doubt it. It may show until the armory refreshes.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 2nd, 2015, 11:06 am

Does the pet actually require the authenticator? For some reason I thought it was tied to an achievement you get when you add your first authenticator.

Still, I would recommend keeping your authenticator. It's not really a hassle anymore and is better security.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » July 2nd, 2015, 11:12 am

Jerebear wrote:Does the pet actually require the authenticator? For some reason I thought it was tied to an achievement you get when you add your first authenticator.

Still, I would recommend keeping your authenticator. It's not really a hassle anymore and is better security.
Blizzard removes the pet if you disconnect the authenticator. But you bring up an interesting point - does the achievement disappear as well?

I agree re authenticator. I find it hassle free - you only need to enter code once if you are staying in one place. I found I needed the authenticator when traveling though...

Zogs

Post by Zogs » July 2nd, 2015, 3:07 pm

why I asked is because one of the comments on the pet said "It will count for your captured pets though, despite the fact it is greyed and all his current stats and level will be preserved until you can reactivate him."

So if we deactivate the authenticator will it still show on our pet collection once we update ?

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » July 3rd, 2015, 11:55 pm

I chose the mobile authenticator. It's easy and convenient!

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Lunarific » July 4th, 2015, 1:14 am

I had an authenticator last year, but I was moving around a lot and took it off, because 1 hour's drive to collect my forgotten iPad got really annoying. (I didn't have a smart phone back then, but I barely use mine now anyway, lol.)

I thought the core hound pup didn't show in my pet collection, but on checking my armory again it seems that it does. He is greyed out in my pet journal though.

Zogs

Post by Zogs » July 4th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Thx Lunar, that's what I was looking for :)