Where do Pets Stay when Away?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Where do Pets Stay when Away?

Post by Stella3 » July 1st, 2015, 4:04 pm

Hi collectors!

Obviously this is a question based in fantasy, as in game its a matter of utility. So just ask people ask what pokemon do when in their pokeballs all day, what do our pets do when stuck in our pet journals? Do they all exist some place like in our garrisons? If so then how do you house that many pets for those who have 700+?

Zogs
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Re: Where do Pets Stay when Away?

Post by Zogs » July 1st, 2015, 5:20 pm

This is sort of a hush topic for us 700+ collectors. We try to keep it on the down low, so animal protection service doesn't come after us.

Why all the questions ? You're not PETA are you ? hmmmmm
I don't trust her !!! Sic Em Graves and Murkalot !
Last edited by Zogs on July 1st, 2015, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 1st, 2015, 5:37 pm

I'd like to think that all of my pets are off in their own homelands/environments, when not summoned or battling, doing what they'd normally do on their own.

When I need/want them to come hang out with me, I imagine a call going out which summons them. 'Quint needs me again, time to head out.' Sort of like a Bat-Signal but for battle pets? lol :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » July 1st, 2015, 6:16 pm

Stella3 wrote:Hi collectors!

Obviously this is a question based in fantasy, as in game its a matter of utility. So just ask people ask what pokemon do when in their pokeballs all day, what do our pets do when stuck in our pet journals? Do they all exist some place like in our garrisons? If so then how do you house that many pets for those who have 700+?
I am so glad you asked! Whenever a pet joins my extended family the very first thing we do besides hug for a minute or two, is a StarTrekSpockKindofMindMeld. That way, we are always in sync -- all 727 (and their backups) of us. Otherwise, they are all playing with each other whenever they want. I hear Kalimdor is quite popular these days...
Last edited by Minivivi on July 2nd, 2015, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » July 1st, 2015, 10:24 pm

Omg Quint and Minivivi your replies are adorable lol :D

*Looks at Zogs and slowly backs away.*

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » July 2nd, 2015, 12:16 am

I know where mine are, pooping all over my garrison, its why i have 25 followers with the dungcarting ability and such a healthy herb garden :D

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » July 2nd, 2015, 3:45 am

Hahahaha, Jazeel :lol: :lol:

Mine come and go as they please all across Azeroth, Outland and Draenor. I have perma pally bubbles on them all so they can't be hurt by the mean ol' horde, mean ol' monsters, or other pet battlers. When I need them, they teleport straight to me and do their thang! If they want to stay at my garrison they can, most of them stay with grandma in Redridge. She spoils them rotten with treats and handmade pet beds, especially after they give their all in battle.

Grunty is currently in puppy love, chasing after one of my Unborn Valks... I don't have the heart to tell him that she can only make babies with other Valks!

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » July 2nd, 2015, 6:36 am

I always thought of my pets being 'summoned' from their natural habitat, sort of like how spells summon creatures in D&D.

You can set up a rapport with creatures after a while (leveling them up) and then they answer your magical summons.

It would be awkward being summoned away from your dinner or a more intimate action! Always knock twice before summoning. :oops:

Nephelle
Pet Score:13082
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Nephelle » July 2nd, 2015, 9:28 am

The long quest "in search of a proper pet home" started some years ago.
My first thought was of Ironforge, as it was a home for me since i was a baby gnome, but then it hardly had any sunlight so it was rejected.
Darnassus was the perfect place! Lots of lakes for all my aquatic ones, gardens for the pets who love to burrow, magnificent tall trees for them to make nests or play jumping from branch to branch. Puppies loved trees as well (for other reasons).
The elves were quite tolerant with all that. And even if they weren't, they had to let me stay because of all them druids glaring angrily at them!
But then, the though of some small clumsy pet falling down from the world tree made me scared, so I thanked the elves for their kindness and moved on.
Exodar was out of the question (too far and all the tall, serious looking male draenei) so I traveled to Sw. Big, open place, with lakes, a park, a tamer and stables nearby so my pets could go visit if they were in need of battle tips or a heal, portals for my adventurous ones to travel. All I now needed was a house.
Searching for a bit, I came to conclusion that the only place, big enough to have them all, with a private garden too and a library for the more educated pets (librams and books)was none other than Wrynn's palace. So I wrote a letter to him, kindly asking if he could move to another place, because I wanted his palace for my pets.
I got a rather rude reply from one of his advisors... saying that I was crazy and all the radiation I got back from gnomeregan when I was a baby, had reached my brain!
So, seeing that I had no other option left, I turned to gnomish finest! I contacted some of our greatest engineers and asked for help. After some hot discussion between them about what gadget it would be most suited and some ermm small lab accidents, they finally managed to create miniature ultrasafe transporters connected with some cloaking devices that were attached to my pets.
Nowadays, most of my pets reside inside my garrison. I had some complains from a few of my followers about finding pets on their beds when they return from a mission but nothing too major.

Zogs
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Zogs » July 2nd, 2015, 3:13 pm

yup, it's all rainbows and lollipops . But what they aren't telling you is once they get to 1000 they starting eating all the duplicates !!!!! :twisted:

Iopos
Pet Score:4510
BattleTag®:Kratas#1418
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Iopos » July 2nd, 2015, 5:44 pm

I've moved them from time to time...

When I first started collecting, the numbers were small enough that the bank's pet care service was enough...then the mages came up with this neat trick to allow me to summon them from anywhere, so the first move began. Outland was out of the question...I'd never forgive myself if one of them fell off the edge while I was away.

I briefly considered Orgrimmar, but decided against it because I didn't want them to feel fenced in with all those walls, and Thunder Bluff had the same concern as Outland. Silvermoon and its parks would've been ideal, but those stuck up elves wouldn't let me keep them there. Undercity didn't get enough light, either.

Ultimately, I found areas they liked and moved them there for periods of time, but found nowhere parmanent until my people's ancenstral homeland of Pandaria revealed itself. After speaking with the celestials, the agreed a home needed to be found and as such they crafted a small island shrounded in the remaining mists, one that had diverse places for them to play and keep all of them happy. I think the fact that I adopted their children had some say in the matter, but no matter the reason, all my little friends have a place to live happily when I haven't called them to my side :)

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » July 2nd, 2015, 7:01 pm

:D I see them all over my garrison - and they are friends in a mixed bag - like cheetah cubs frolicking with rats and mice :D . When I need to stone one I sometimes forget to summon it and can't figure out why the darn thing is not working - I am trying to stone a wandering pet :lol:

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » July 2nd, 2015, 10:17 pm

Jazeel wrote:I know where mine are, pooping all over my garrison, its why i have 25 followers with the dungcarting ability and such a healthy herb garden :D
Oh my gosh! I wondered where all that poop kept coming from! I thought it was Birchus!

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 4th, 2015, 6:55 am

I like to think they go hang out at the Halfhill farm... that would explain why I never see them around in my garrison. It would also make me feel less bad about how I abandoned my farm.