All 15 Tiny Terrors using only 3 pets.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
All 15 Tiny Terrors using only 3 pets.

Post by Polygasms » June 26th, 2015, 6:24 am

I am working on a 3 pet (or less if you have one) only strat for all 15 new fights in Tanaan for my guild-mates. I just got back so I have only done one run through on live since the patch hit. I had success, but I need to test it more to finalize spell rotation.
Pets used:
Zandalari Ankelrender (P/B...yuck I know), (Hunting Party, Primal Cry, Black Claw)
Zandalari Kneebiter, (S/S) (Hunting Party, Black Claw, Leap)
Emerald Proto-Whelp, (P/S) (Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream)

Did the basic Black Claw + Hunting party following up with a double damage Primal Cry or Leap, then out lasting the Fel Corruption buff with my EPW like most people are using, then just biting the last 2 pets down, keeping up Emerald Presence and Healing when needed.
Sometimes I switched it up a little like for like Dark Gazer, and opened with Primal Cry... but I pretty much did the same thing for all of the Terrors. (I haven't done enough runs for an exact spell rotation and pet swap yet)

Please leave comments, let me know where you had any trouble, if you have a better strat that uses less pets, or better pets, or if you just think I am silly. It would help me out with my guild write up.

Thanks, Poly.

Malekith
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Los Errantes-eu

Re: All 15 Tiny Terrors using only 3 pets.

Post by Malekith » June 26th, 2015, 6:55 am

I defeated the Dark Gazer today,
I used Zandalari Ankelrender with Hunting Party, Primal Cry and Black Claw
and used Emerald Proto-Whelp with Breath, Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream.
I didn't use the 3rd pet.
The secret of this battle is the Zandalari Ankelrender is the best pet to battle againts the Dark Gazer.
The other two pets can change because you will find different pets in front.

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » June 26th, 2015, 12:47 pm

I haven't done all 15 yet, but every one I've done so far fell to Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius, and Anubisath Idol. Boring, predictable, but it works. The howl bomb blows through the elite. Usually you can get away with bite rather than surge of power from Chrome if the elite is still up or if he's a mechanical or undead. Then sandstorm and dodge/crush through the fel corruption buff the backline pets pick up. Might now work on every group, but it has for at least 10 of them. I've also put EPW in the 3rd slot as you mentioned and had similar results.

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » June 26th, 2015, 12:54 pm

I used Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius and Emerald Proto-whelp for 14/15 tiny terrors. I swapped out Chrominius with Wolpertinger for Dark Gazer. Just keep casting sleeping gas until dark gazer dies. Good luck!

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » June 26th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Doesn't work with Skrillx. His obnoxious heal and dodge is better than the dinos.

Sheep
Pet Score:5251
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Sheep » June 27th, 2015, 1:37 am

been using pandaren water spirit, stitched pup (geyser, whirlpool, howl, bite on legendary) and hyjal wisp because the majority of the backline pets seem to be flying, so arcane blast deals with them and wish deals with the 50% damage bonus they have, usually get it in about 21rounds, a little slow but predictable

Foxyproxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2937
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Foxyproxy » June 27th, 2015, 5:15 am

Gracies wrote:I used Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius and Emerald Proto-whelp for 14/15 tiny terrors. I swapped out Chrominius with Wolpertinger for Dark Gazer. Just keep casting sleeping gas until dark gazer dies. Good luck!
same exact thing for me , you got that from wowhead comments as well didn't ya ;)

Moonflame
MVP
Pet Score:683
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Moonflame » June 27th, 2015, 6:58 am

Foxyproxy wrote:
Gracies wrote:I used Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius and Emerald Proto-whelp for 14/15 tiny terrors. I swapped out Chrominius with Wolpertinger for Dark Gazer. Just keep casting sleeping gas until dark gazer dies. Good luck!
same exact thing for me , you got that from wowhead comments as well didn't ya ;)
I use Pandaren Water Spirit, Chromius and Blossoming Ancient. Healing pet for last helps sort out any crits. If the last 2 pets end up swapping to something Aquatic, I will probably use Magical Crawdad.

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » June 27th, 2015, 7:15 am

Foxyproxy wrote:
Ha ha Foxyproxy!!! My sister actually shared this strat with me but I bet she got it from Wowhead! I'll ask her later.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » June 29th, 2015, 11:31 pm

Thanks the advice OP, I was trying all kinds of universal combos but I was successfully able to get the achieve based off of your 3 reccommended pets. Granted sometimes the RNG did get the best of me but I have yet to find a consistent combo that works so effectively, thanks a bunch!

Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Polygasms » July 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

Stella3 wrote:Thanks the advice OP, I was trying all kinds of universal combos but I was successfully able to get the achieve based off of your 3 reccommended pets. Granted sometimes the RNG did get the best of me but I have yet to find a consistent combo that works so effectively, thanks a bunch!
I am glad it worked for you :) but yeah the RNG can be bad on a few fights.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » July 8th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Just to confirm, have taken down all 15 with PWS (1,2,2), Chrominius (x,1,2) and p/p Emerald Protowhelp (2,2,2).

The only changes I made were having Chrominius use Bite instead of Arcane Blast on Felsworn Sentry (if you use AB, he will Repair every time after his racial is triggered) and using Water Jet on Dark Gazer until he uses Interrupting Gaze & then howl bombing as usual.

Once the lead pet is dispatched, switch in Emerald Proto. Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream, then Emerald Bite until Fel Corruption ends. After that, it's fairly easy to dispatch (or capture, if desired) the back row.

A couple, like Mirecroak and Netherfist, may get a lucky shot in that forces you to try again, but it's very unusual for this team to need a second try.

The pet drop rate seems to be pretty low. After completing several circuits, I have only had 2 of the bonus pets drop.

-Gaht