Tiny Terrors of Tanaan Achievement

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us
Tiny Terrors of Tanaan Achievement

Post by Chibimage » June 19th, 2015, 8:02 am

Here is a quick and dirty guide (with a useful map of all locations)

http://murlocharbor.com/2015/06/19/tiny-terrors-of-tanaan-jungle-achievement/

No video guides are needed, the battles just aren't that hard. Export codes for Rematch included in the guide.

This content is super easy guys, so enjoy the fun of exploring Tanaan and get ready for new pets!!

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Tiny Terrors of Tanaan Achievement

Post by Ravnhawk » June 23rd, 2015, 2:25 pm

Chibi I am on a MAC and am unable to copy and paste, so how do you all use copy and paste for the Rematch info?

Thanks

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 23rd, 2015, 7:17 pm

The map is great and the imports for rematch are super, thx.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » June 23rd, 2015, 10:16 pm

Thanks!

You can copy and paste on mac - just CMD+C and CMD+V once you open "Import" and a field pops up in Rematch. That *should* work anyway. I haven't played WoW on a Mac in quite a few years. I also use the addon Prat, which allows for all kinds of additions to chat, so that could be it.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 24th, 2015, 11:07 am

I used this to beat all the mew masters and get the cheeve yesterday. There are a few that had to be done twice, but for the most part this team worked very well. There are some instances that I found using the bunny to simply hide and dodge for a couple rounds while the buff wore off was key.

On a sep note, some of these guys are a major pain in the butt to get to. This isn't just a roll up on someone and fight, there are caves with silvers and all kinds of stuff in your way. So far no easy single path to them all. I have been using my Aviana's Feather a bunch.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » June 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Thanks much I'll try that tonight. The bane of my existence yesterday was in locating Skrillix. He was hiding from me. I got too tired to keep looking. I htink there are only 3 or 4 I need for the achieve.

I did get a Zanger Spore from a bag so it was well worth it. 3 Fel leveling stones and a few bandages and 1 to 2 charms per bag.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 24th, 2015, 2:41 pm

I have done a few of these, using these strats...

They are NOT EASY... Not by any definition of the word... They are hard, VERY VERY hard....

Felfly, is my bane so far... 6 attempts and I haven't even killed the second pet..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 24th, 2015, 5:55 pm

My go-to strat thus far has been:
- Unborn Val'kyr or a pet that's strong against the legendary's pet type (i.e. elemental for a mechanical opponent)
- S/S Zandalari Kneebiter (I'm sure some of the other Zandalari raptors work, I chose this one because it's my speediest)
- P/P Emerald Proto-Whelp

Val'kyr casts CoD, then Haunt. Bring in the Zandalari raptor, Black Claw and Hunting Party. This should finish first pet off.

Swap in Emerald Proto-Whelp to handle clean up duty for the backup pets. Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream to shield up and heal up, then Emerald Bite.

I can't swear that this works on all the tiny terrors as I am still working on achieve but so far so good!

Sharpcheddar
Pet Score:3194
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Sharpcheddar » July 1st, 2015, 12:14 am

Finished it tonight! Used the Pandaren Water/Chromie/(wild card) strat for the vast majority of them, and have only gotten one pet as a result so far.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » July 7th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Just to confirm, have taken down all 15 with PWS (1,2,2), Chrominius (x,1,2) and p/p Emerald Protowhelp (2,2,2).

The only changes I made were having Chrominius use Bite instead of Arcane Blast on Felsworn Sentry (if you use AB, he will Repair every time after his racial is triggered) and using Water Jet on Dark Gazer until he uses Interrupting Gaze & then howl bombing as usual.

Once the lead pet is dispatched, switch in Emerald Proto. Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream, then Emerald Bite until Fel Corruption ends. After that, it's fairly easy to dispatch (or capture, if desired) the back row.

A couple, like Mirecroak and Netherfist, may get a lucky shot in that forces you to try again, but it's very unusual for this team to need a second try.

As Sharpcheddar noted above, the pet drop rate seems to be pretty low. After completing several circuits, I have only had 2 of the bonus pets drop.

-Gaht

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 9th, 2015, 4:42 am

After 54 battles (a week vacation and NOT doing all legendaries every day means few battles), and I still on,y have my Periwinkle Calf, which I got after 5-10 wins..

Drop rate seems VERY low indeed..

EDIT: and after 5 more attempts, I got Zangar Spore...

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 9th, 2015, 7:43 pm

I got the achievement the second day it was live. Doing the battles since then, not a single pet from any of the bags. On the plus side, I am glad to see the bags stack. Lol.

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » July 9th, 2015, 10:21 pm

My team I use is different than what you listed.

Instead of the Zandalari Anklerenderer, I use Ikky. Same black claw attack - but three rounds of flock as opposed to Ankle's 2 rounds of hunting party. (mind you, on some guys Ikky doesn't make it past 2 flocks. so...)

As others have mentioned, the Emerald Proto Drake also mops up the back pets well, since she can sleep right through the fel debuff for 3 rounds. Pair that with the first-row bite that is strong against flyers (Violet Flys, Moths, Bloodbeaks and Waterflies are common in the back rows) and she's a great little treat!

Normally I use an Infinite Whelp as my third, but lately I've not been using him at all. He's actually quite useful on Dreadwing though as the start-pet. You can get lucky with the sleep gas and chain her, and all of Dreadwings attacks against you are weak - being you're a dragonkin. :P

Wolfblood
Pet Score:5513
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Wolfblood » July 10th, 2015, 10:17 am

I used this guide in hopes of grabbing all four of the new pets. I've killed all 15 for a few days now. I managed to get one pet out of about 75 bags. Just ended up going to the AH. Great guide though, just crummy drop rates :D

Malekith
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Los Errantes-eu

Post by Malekith » September 14th, 2015, 4:39 am

Dear [profile]Chibimage[/profile] and all friends of Warcraftpets,
I did the Tiny Terrors of Tanaan Achievement last night and the [url]http://murlocharbor.com/2015/06/19/tiny-terrors-of-tanaan-jungle-achievement/the%20Murloc%20Harbor%20map[/url] was definitively the best info to locate all the terrors.
In order to did all the battles I annotate the map with the names and coords. to organize my task. This is the image I want to share with all of you here:

https://app.box.com/s/ltscs7bigwq8chp3bkpovdmjd9g5hh2u

Hope you like it.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » September 16th, 2015, 9:59 am

Awesome Malekith!!

With Draenor Pathfinder now it's even faster & easier to do them all, too! :D