Solo Raid Level Minimums

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us
Solo Raid Level Minimums

Post by Druzy » June 12th, 2015, 6:41 am

At what levels (or ilevels) can you solo Raids that drop pets?
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=raid#

Molten Core
AQ
Karazahn
Blackwing Lair
Tempest Keep
Black Temple
Sunwell Plateau
Mount Hyjal
Serpentshrine Cavern
Naxxramus
Siege of Orgrimmar
Throne of Thunder

And if you can't solo them yet, how many party members would you need?

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13936
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Solo Raid Level Minimums

Post by Jaladar » June 12th, 2015, 6:58 am

Druzy wrote:At what levels (or ilevels) can you solo Raids that drop pets?
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=raid#

Molten Core
AQ
Karazahn
Blackwing Lair
Tempest Keep
Black Temple
Sunwell Plateau
Mount Hyjal
Serpentshrine Cavern
Naxxramus
Siege of Orgrimmar
Throne of Thunder

And if you can't solo them yet, how many party members would you need?
I know all but the last two are soloable very easily now...I can't say regarding those two though as I haven't tried and haven't looked for any info on them honestly. As far as what particular level they are soloable at...that's tricky...I know I was soloing most if not all of those at 90.

Jal

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » June 12th, 2015, 10:17 am

Molten Core - 80
AQ - 85
Karazahn - 80
Blackwing Lair - 80
Tempest Keep - 80
Black Temple - 80
Sunwell Plateau - 85
Mount Hyjal - 80
Serpentshrine Cavern - 80
Naxxramus (10 man) - 85
Siege of Orgrimmar (10m) - never tried but guessing 2 690+ players can get up to sha, but getting to paragons or blackfuse will take at least 4-5 members since you still can overcome mechanics.
Throne of Thunder (10m) - 2 players with a mix of BRF HC and normal gear can get up-to animus (less if one is a tank/healer), haven't tried after it since there are no pets/mounts afterward. guessing that at 6.2 with HC HFC players could get up to ji-kun alone.

At all vanilla/bc raid I mentioned the lowest possible ilvl , meaning a well equipped tank/hunter/lock and not any character will be able to do it. At lvl 90 with TI gear you can pretty much do all of the above beside MoP raids.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » June 12th, 2015, 12:11 pm

I have seen several SoO and ToT raids pop up in the LFG list as well, so don't forget to look in both Custom and Legacy sections!

Otherwise, at 100 with decent gear, you can solo the others pretty easily. I started farming achievements a little while ago and was quite surprised how easy they were to solo as a feral.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Class totally makes a difference too. I can solo much, much more stuff with my hunter than I can with my shadow priest.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 12th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Graven wrote:Class totally makes a difference too. I can solo much, much more stuff with my hunter than I can with my shadow priest.
Class does make a difference, along with overall skill level/experience with the fights. Gear always helps but isn't always the determining factor. Hunters, locks, DKs, and tanks in general seem to have an easier time (there's exceptions to every rule of course) with soloing. ToT for example has been soloed by hunters and possibly DKs.

Cheln
Pet Score:5060
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cheln » June 17th, 2015, 6:06 am

I just went in to Throne of Thunder this week as I am interested in the snail toy but the mechanics of the first boss meant I could not pass. He pulls you in to the air then resets as no one present on the ground. I play a warlock and my demon did not seem to count as a present member. So I guess 2 people for ToT.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 17th, 2015, 7:37 am

Cheln wrote:I just went in to Throne of Thunder this week as I am interested in the snail toy but the mechanics of the first boss meant I could not pass. He pulls you in to the air then resets as no one present on the ground. I play a warlock and my demon did not seem to count as a present member. So I guess 2 people for ToT.
As long as your pet is on the threat table (i.e. it have attacked atleast once), Jin'rokh should not reset when he throws you..

Every pet-class INCLUDING temporary pet like druid treants, can solo Jin'rokh.... Given skill and gear, ofc..

Solo issues doesn't appear until 10th boss, I believe..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 17th, 2015, 2:25 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Cheln wrote:I just went in to Throne of Thunder this week as I am interested in the snail toy but the mechanics of the first boss meant I could not pass. He pulls you in to the air then resets as no one present on the ground. I play a warlock and my demon did not seem to count as a present member. So I guess 2 people for ToT.
As long as your pet is on the threat table (i.e. it have attacked atleast once), Jin'rokh should not reset when he throws you..

Every pet-class INCLUDING temporary pet like druid treants, can solo Jin'rokh.... Given skill and gear, ofc..
To make things easier, I would recommend bringing a 2nd person. Jin'rokh isn't bad (and as noted, doable by pet classes), but once you get past him, Council can be painful, Tortos can be messy, etc. Ji-kun is an easy solo for me but I still 2 man it just to make it go a little faster.

Also if you just want the snail toy, keep an eye on group finder, I've seen people make groups for it before.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » June 21st, 2015, 4:08 pm

Blackwing lair first encounter still eludes my capability level...

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » June 21st, 2015, 5:27 pm

As a general rule of thumb content becomes solo able by most classes/skill levels at the next expac level cap.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 22nd, 2015, 12:07 am

Hootstwo wrote:Blackwing lair first encounter still eludes my capability level...
What's the problem?

Kill orcs at orb.
Click orb
Use boss to smash eggs, furthest from orb first.
Smash adds while you move from egg to egg.
When you have smashed 50-75% eggs, orb runs out, quickly reactivate it.
Smash remaining eggs and adds.
Kill Boss

Also, if you are a pet-class, you need to dismiss your pet to use the orb..

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » June 22nd, 2015, 1:28 pm

I can solo the first boss of Blackwing lair (and got the pet), but the second boss has to be beat very quickly. I wasn't able to do it on my level 81 Mage.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 22nd, 2015, 2:22 pm

Avalee wrote:I can solo the first boss of Blackwing lair (and got the pet), but the second boss has to be beat very quickly. I wasn't able to do it on my level 81 Mage.
you have 60ish seconds..

Maybe 81 is too low, but at 90, it was a walk in the park... Just remember, that you will ALWAYS die from that fight..