Chrominius - Ancient Blessing bugged?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Chrominius - Ancient Blessing bugged?

Post by FuxieDK » June 11th, 2015, 6:15 am

I have a battle (Talador trainer to be precise), when [pet]Chrominius[/pet] needs to outheal 2x399 damage.

This shouldn't be much of a problem, since Ancient Blessing (according to tooltip) does 414 healing..
However this is not the case.. I have done a small sample, after I became aware, why my strategy was failing so much, which looks like this:

Amount healed: 448, 382, 418, 404, 426, 455, 385, 393, 402, 421, 430 (11 samples, all non crits). 5 of 11 are below, 1 is very close and 5 are above.. On average it might be fine, but not of close fights...

Nowhere does the tooltip (even in v6.2 PTR) say "heal 382 to 455 damage"... It just says 414, which clearly isn't true..

Also, on this site, tooltip says 551, which have no base in reality --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/dragonkin/ancient-blessing/

Have I misunderstood something? Do I need to find a new strategy for this trainer? Sometime I need to forfeit and heal, up to 8 times.. Not just because of the healing amount though.. A single crit, makes the damage impossible to outheal..

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Chrominius - Ancient Blessing bugged?

Post by Topaz » June 11th, 2015, 6:55 am

Im pretty sure all heals are working this way. my teroclaw doesnt heals the same amount every time with his nature ward.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 11th, 2015, 1:37 pm

(I'm probably wrong, so feel free to correct me on this) I thought all attacks/heals had a hidden +/-10% variable to the tooltip built in? So a tooltip heal of 414 would have an actual range of 373 to 455 or something.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 11th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Attacks always seem to hit for the specified amount..

Some are intervals and some are direct values..

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 11th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Peanutty wrote:(I'm probably wrong, so feel free to correct me on this) I thought all attacks/heals had a hidden +/-10% variable to the tooltip built in? So a tooltip heal of 414 would have an actual range of 373 to 455 or something.
This was true prior to WoD when attacks had %chance to miss. When they changed moves to have 100% with ranges, they did away with the +-10% tolerance on attacks (for all attacks...not just the ones with ranges). They never touched heals, so those still have the +-10% tolerance. I'm not sure if HoTs have the variance or not, but any direct heal that specifies a value should (obviously ones that say X% health do not have the variance).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 12th, 2015, 3:54 am

Since we have now concluded that heals (not only this one) is prone to horrible 10% RNG, can anyone improve this strategy then?

Code: Select all

Taralune:87125:1152:299:611:593:0:0:0:0:1165:122:489:589:

Code: Select all

Start with Chrominius.
If Serendipity scores any crit, forfeit, heal and start again
If Chrominius heals for less than 800 combined, forfeit, heal and start again

1. Cast Arcane Explosion which Serendipity will interrupt it with  Counterspell.
 2. Cast Arcane Explosion
 3. Cast Ancient Blessing
 4. Cast Arcane Explosion
 5. Cast Arcane Explosion
 6. PASS!!
 7. Ancient Blessing
 8. Cast Arcane Explosion
 9. Cast Arcane Explosion
10. Do anything or nothing. Chrominius will die anyway.
Swap to Carry Pet
Swap to Nexus Whelpling
13. Arcane Storm
14. Mana Surge for hillarious hattrick

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 12th, 2015, 6:46 am

I tend to use the "rich" team listed in this strat. It's not for everyone, but you have the pets.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13853

The ways it can fail include:
A crit on the round that the first enemy pet casts feedback
Double crits from the first enemy pet

I've been using it for almost every day since April without it failing, but it can technically and mathematically fail. It's extremely difficult to actually have a team that is crit proof for any tamer. Almost all teams can go down to them unfortuntaely

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 12th, 2015, 1:06 pm

Jerebear wrote:I tend to use the "rich" team listed in this strat. It's not for everyone, but you have the pets.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13853

The ways it can fail include:
A crit on the round that the first enemy pet casts feedback
Double crits from the first enemy pet

I've been using it for almost every day since April without it failing, but it can technically and mathematically fail. It's extremely difficult to actually have a team that is crit proof for any tamer. Almost all teams can go down to them unfortuntaely
I know that a freak crit streak can ruin most strats... And apparantly, heals have so much RNG they can do it too..
However, this specific strat, if heal delivered what the tooltip said, you'd have 26 surplus health.. Most other strats have a much more fogiving margin of RNG..

I'll try to look at the other strat you proposed, even though it means there are minimum requirements for levelling pets (no other trainer have that)...

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 12th, 2015, 2:15 pm

Jerebear wrote:This was true prior to WoD when attacks had %chance to miss. When they changed moves to have 100% with ranges, they did away with the +-10% tolerance on attacks (for all attacks...not just the ones with ranges). They never touched heals, so those still have the +-10% tolerance. I'm not sure if HoTs have the variance or not, but any direct heal that specifies a value should (obviously ones that say X% health do not have the variance).
Thanks for clarifying! I knew someone would have the right answer. This is great info to know.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 12th, 2015, 8:54 pm

FuxieDK wrote: I'll try to look at the other strat you proposed, even though it means there are minimum requirements for levelling pets (no other trainer have that)...
There is no minimum level requirement for the Taralune strats in that thread. Even the Cymre strat which states 150 HP (I think it should be 118 and not undead) caters to most level 1's. Which strat requires a higher level carry pet?

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 13th, 2015, 8:13 am

Jerebear wrote:
FuxieDK wrote: I'll try to look at the other strat you proposed, even though it means there are minimum requirements for levelling pets (no other trainer have that)...
There is no minimum level requirement for the Taralune strats in that thread. Even the Cymre strat which states 150 HP (I think it should be 118 and not undead) caters to most level 1's. Which strat requires a higher level carry pet?
You might be right.. I just saw "minimum 150 HP" and thinks there are Can't even remember where I saw it now..

Anyway, it worked (had to level FoD first), and was quite a bit easier, that what I had before..

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 13th, 2015, 7:46 pm

The Hatespark team is even faster and stabler than the FoD team. I believe you already have your Hatespark levelled too.

Sepsis
Pet Score:4668
BattleTag®:Kaivic#1622
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Sepsis » June 13th, 2015, 11:00 pm

I find a (B/B) Lost of Lordaeron works much better than Chrominius if you want to stick with a AE strat, it's faster and has some crit protection being undead. It's posted in Donna's "no-bs" thread if you want to try it.

The Hatespark team is faster though, with a great success rate.