Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Question regarding region exclusive pets

Post by Jaladar » June 6th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Basically....why?

Why are some pets locked to certain regions but not others? And has the US had any region locked pets that aren't available elsewhere?

EU servers had a chance at a Murloc from the BC CE issue that the US has never had a chance at, yet once the issue was fixed I believe EU got the original pet as well therefore getting 2 pets from that CE. Several pets are restricted to Asian servers that we can't get but RaF has at least given us a few duplicates. Even [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet], although available to US players, is from an event that was held outside the US and therefore very exclusive.

I'm not really meaning to complain so please don't read it that way...I'm just genuinely curious. Will we (US servers) ever get a crack at [pet]Lurky[/pet] or other exclusive Murlocs besides [pet]Murky[/pet] (can anyone even afford him now)? How about a Murloc pet that isn't in disguise that is available to everyone?

Jal

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Re: Question regarding region exclusive pets

Post by Melmo » June 6th, 2015, 1:35 pm

I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I of course want any of the nekkid Murlocs, but I would also absolutely love to have a shot at Poley, Onyx Panther, & the 2 Tiny Dragons! <3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 7th, 2015, 2:04 am

Jaladar wrote:Why are some pets locked to certain regions but not others?
Keep in mind that many of the region-specific pets were created prior to Pet Battles being a feature. Blizzard couldn't have foreseen how big pets, pet collecting and Pet Battles would be when they made those pets. They probably thought it was just a nice vanity gesture for specific regions, and incentivized their games/events.

As for whether or not the US region will ever have a chance at pets from other regions - Blizzard added four of the pets previously exclusive to Asian regions to the RAF system, so there's always a possibility more will come in the future. Not guaranteed, of course, but we can always hope!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 11th, 2015, 4:30 am

Melmo wrote:I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I of course want any of the nekkid Murlocs, but I would also absolutely love to have a shot at Poley, Onyx Panther, & the 2 Tiny Dragons! <3
I'm pretty sure the Mountain Dew mechanical pet, was exclusive to the US....

As an EU player, it said I needed to live in the US region, when I tried to sign up for it, back in early WotLK...

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » June 11th, 2015, 7:16 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Melmo wrote:I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I'm pretty sure the Mountain Dew mechanical pet, was exclusive to the US....

As an EU player, it said I needed to live in the US region, when I tried to sign up for it, back in early WotLK...
But now he is unlimited supply on the toy shop vendor in Dalaran.