Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Looking for friends to get Graves with?

Post by Melmo » May 31st, 2015, 1:46 am

Hi guys!!!

I'm level 25 in HotS and I am willing to help anyone with the friend-in-party XP bonus! The only catch is I work 3rd shift, so I will usually only be available from 8am-Noon Eastern time. If that works for you, then great! This week (June 16-23) is the last week to take advantage of the huge XP bonus from Blizz to celebrate the launch, so if you want Graves but are procrastinating, it's in your best interest to get on and play right now--every little bit counts! :D

LiLi is my main but I'm decent with a few other heals & dps as well, so I'd be happy to play whatever. I'm (finally) fairly knowledgeable about the maps now, so if you have any questions I will try to answer them. I was clueless at first, level 20 is such a grind :o

My btag is Melmo#1842, please reply in this thread so I know who you are. Thanks!
Last edited by Melmo on June 15th, 2015, 12:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Geline
Pet Score:10368
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Re: Looking for friends to get Graves with!

Post by Geline » May 31st, 2015, 2:56 pm

Melmo, a good WoW friend and I have been grinding out the levels. I'll send you a friend request, see if we can hook up.

You're braver than I am (well, long ago I got spammed with stranger B*tag friend requests), so I won't post my entire B*tag here: it starts with Arlys ... is that enough for you to be able to recognize it as friendly?

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » June 1st, 2015, 2:26 am

Hi Geline!! Yes, I'll know who you are, thanks for the add! I'll see ya soon!

I played with LiLi and she's now my favorite, lol. But still willing to play whomever we need!

Markedangel6469
Pet Score:4216
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Markedangel6469 » June 1st, 2015, 8:53 am

Hey Melmo! I am already on your list! I have the Stimpack as well to give us some extra boost! Pst me later when I get home from work and we can play!

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » June 1st, 2015, 10:33 am

If you guys still need a hand, I am usually on in the mornings EST and would love to join you..
I usually play 2 or 3 games with various toons..

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Vevy » June 1st, 2015, 5:21 pm

I'm leveling now and only at 10. I'd like to group up if the newborn lets me. Nothingman#1993

Khloe
Pet Score:10048
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Khloe » June 2nd, 2015, 6:01 am

Looking for groups as well. I'm LvL 16. Look me up if you want to group up. Khloe#1719

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » June 2nd, 2015, 7:12 pm

Looking to get to level 20 quick. I just started and I dont have much experience with this type of game but its not to hard. Interested in just doing Co-op AI matches. Rather not play against others. Add me NeverFinal#1703. Im usually on from 3-8pm EST. More on the weekends.

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » June 2nd, 2015, 10:39 pm

Same as others, I am looking to get to 20 for Graves. So far, alone, I am terrible. Lili just isn't my style and Tychus dies way too fast. Anyone looking to join up against AI only(not other people), add me on bnet ligament#1221

Etta
Pet Score:10819
BattleTag®:Etta#1150
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Etta » June 3rd, 2015, 1:17 pm

Etta#1150

Still trying to get to level 20. I'm at 17 right now. Add if you want to play.

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » June 3rd, 2015, 1:56 pm

Just starting out, only lvl 3 or so for anyone just getting going on the pet now that it's been released.
Last edited by Noxiish on November 18th, 2015, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tsora
Top Rater
Pet Score:13309
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Tsora » June 3rd, 2015, 2:33 pm

Would love to play with some people to get Graves, as I have no idea what I'm doing and have already been called just about every choice name out there. MOBAs are not my thing, but I'm willing to suffer it out for Graves... :(

Jukoti#1823 on Bnet.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » June 3rd, 2015, 3:30 pm

Even though I'm level 21, I'm still going to play the game so if you want to team up, add my btag. :D

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 3rd, 2015, 4:16 pm

Tsora wrote:Would love to play with some people to get Graves, as I have no idea what I'm doing and have already been called just about every choice name out there. MOBAs are not my thing, but I'm willing to suffer it out for Graves... :(

Jukoti#1823 on Bnet.
You might check out the following post in another thread about Graves. It has some good tips.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14372&start=80#p114685

I tend to like playing the healers anyway but it is a good option. It's usually pretty simple and if you find someone to follow around and heal you usually contribute pretty well. Just look for melee tanky type and follow them around. This weeks healer is Li Li and she's about as KISS as you can get. Her heal will automatically target the lowest health player in range and greys out if no one is damaged in range. I tend to heavily favor passive talents as that just makes life simpler. For Li Li I've typically been going Conjurer's Pursuit, Mending Serpent, The Good Stuff, Jug of 1,000 Cups, Hindering Winds, Serpent Sidekick and Jug of 1,000,000 Cups.

You can also do a verses AI match and check the box to fill in the rest of your team with bots. No chance of getting grouped with a jerk if they are bots =)
Last edited by Kpb321 on June 3rd, 2015, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsora
Top Rater
Pet Score:13309
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Tsora » June 3rd, 2015, 4:29 pm

Kpb321 wrote:
Tsora wrote:Would love to play with some people to get Graves, as I have no idea what I'm doing and have already been called just about every choice name out there. MOBAs are not my thing, but I'm willing to suffer it out for Graves... :(

Jukoti#1823 on Bnet.
You might check out the following post in another thread about Graves. It has some good tips.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14372&start=80#p114685

I tend to like playing the healers anyway but it is a good option. It's usually pretty simple and if you find someone to follow around and heal you usually contribute pretty well. Just look for melee tanky type and follow them around. This weeks healer is Li Li and she's about as KISS as you can get. Her heal will automatically target the lowest health player in range and greys out if no one is damaged in range.

You can also do a verses AI match and check the box to fill in the rest of your team with bots. No chance of getting grouped with a jerk if they are bots =)
Thanks for the advice! I actually just got done reading that thread, and from the info there, have LiLi up in an all AI round to practice with a bit. I think I might try my hand at healing later, at least then, like you said, I can just follow others around and not make *too* much of a fool of myself.

Still game for adding some friends though - I saw the xp math to get to 20 and it's going to be a long grind. <.<

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 3rd, 2015, 4:37 pm

They are adding XP bonus for the launch event. Extra 25% this week, 50% next week and 100% the week after. You also get a free week long stim-pack which is another 100% bonus.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » June 3rd, 2015, 10:23 pm

Level 20 isnt as long a grind as you think. At level 10 you get a stimpack that gives you +100% experience. So you will end up with around 60000-80000 xps for a match, then you get that amount again for the stimpack bonus, and then you can get another 50000 on top of that if you play with someone from your friends list. So you can average about 190k a match.

The only problem you might run into, is playing in Practice and Versus AI mode has an experience cap every 24 hours of 2.25 million xps. After you cap out, you have to wait til 24 hours after the first match was applied to the cap. So if you started playing at 6am and capped out later in the day, your cap will start releasing xps at 6am the next day. This cap is not applied to Quick Match or Hero League, but those are Player against Player matches.

You will find playing with 4 other players results in more wins than you playing with 4 AI on your team, as the AI on your team plays like boneheads, while 4 other players might know what they are doing and help you get a win (easier).

Tips:
* Dont die. Run before you die or you give xps to the other team and make their team level faster. If you get low on mana and/or life, use your hearthstone. You will appear back in your base in the shielded area and regen life and mana at a much faster rate.
* Make sure there is at least 1 person on your team in each lane prior to level 10. Your team gains xps when minions die or buildings are destroyed. If no player is nearby you dont gain those xps. So you want to have at least 1 player near those non-stop minion skirmishes that happen midfield early on to "soak" xps for the team.
* Winning the objectives are huge for your team, dont ignore them. Even if you see some of your team there, go help. You could be what tips your scale in your teams favor.
* I have noticed other players are more tolerant (not always) if you let them know ahead of time you are new. You will get nasty people sometimes, but thats in any game. Dont let it get to you.
* When I first started playing, I tended to pick Passive talents as it made the game "easier" for me. But as I learned the game I realized that those passives are alot weaker than the other choices in most cases. I started looking at builds at this website: http://www.heroesnexus.com/heroes and quickly learned which talents were better choices. Something to point out about that site, is most of the builds are for Player vs Player, so they choose the levels 13, 17 and 20 talents based on that. Once you get the hang of the game you will find that those listed builds can be tinkered with and changed to help more in an AI game as the computer reacts in a patterned way.

Good luck :)
Last edited by Moonie1 on June 4th, 2015, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dangit
Pet Score:4085
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Dangit » June 4th, 2015, 9:34 am

I'm just starting out on Heroes and honestly, i'm only doing this for the pet. And also I'm not a big fan of any type of pvp. If anyone is interested in leveling up in a non-drama free environment. please add me: dangit#1677.

Thanks!

Seira_wcp_eu
Pet Score:5716
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Seira_wcp_eu » June 4th, 2015, 11:25 am

A.I. is beating my ass :roll: i am nib

Vigoureux
Pet Score:1639
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Vigoureux » June 4th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Anyone that wants help can feel free to add me: BattleTag#11101
I am currently playing in Co-Op (vs. AI) though.

My main is Nova, but she is bad at carrying games.
My 2nd best hero is Abathur, with whom I can carry games experience-wise.
My 3rd best would be Sonya. Her life-steal can sustain her for a long period of time.
I plan on buying Nazeebo once I have enough gold. With him, I can even solo the bosses.