New PvP'er. Any suggestions?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Twister
Realm:Thrall-us
New PvP'er. Any suggestions?

Post by Twister » May 26th, 2015, 10:22 pm

I'm fairly new to PvP battles, and I've been trying to come up with a general use team. So far my best team is Unborn Val'kyr (open and dps until dies then finish with haunt) followed up with a chaos pup to use consume corpse with to heal. I'm torn between tossing in another consume corpse pet or some form of heavy hitter. Any suggestions?

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Re: New PvP'er. Any suggestions?

Post by Denverrunner » May 27th, 2015, 12:51 am

I always like having a pet that can change the weather on my PVP team. I tend to run with darkness pets, such as [pet]Frostfur Rat[/pet], [pet]Crow[/pet], [pet]Nightshade Sproutling[/pet],etc. However, any weather changing pet is good. I have always been fond of Darkness teams. Some people like Moonlight, Sunlight, or Sandstorm teams. It all comes down to how you like to play and who you keep encountering.

I also like having a pet that can avoid or block hard hitting or stun moves.

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » May 27th, 2015, 4:16 am

When I was brand new to pet PvP I threw together a basic Clone Dance team. If you're not familiar with it, it's a pet that can cast Cyclone (Blighthawk is most common), a pet that can then buff it with Rain Dance (Jademist Dancer or one of the new Rain Dance birds) and a clean-up pet.

There are lots of good clean-up pets. Spirit/Emperor Crab, Crocs, Teroclaw Hatchling...

A team like this, if played decently will win a good percentage of its fights. It helped me build up my confidence and branch out with other pets and themes. It has been around a long time so a lot of people will recognize it, but it is still a solid team with a clear-cut game plan.

Best of luck!

Twister

Post by Twister » May 27th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definately try them out.

Twister

Post by Twister » May 28th, 2015, 11:52 am

I'm trying to come up with something unusual to throw people off. If it helps, my best leveled pets are my sprite darter, wisp, nether fairy dragon, crow, stitched pup, unborn val'kyr, chrominius, son of sethe , rare feline familiar, chaos pup, emerald proto-whelp, dread hatchling a lil'tarecgosa and a couple different types of moths. I've got a mechanical axebeak, mechanical frostboar and a mech. pandaren dragonling but they aren't leveled yet.

I mostly have Magic,Flying, Dragonkin and Undead pets. So I may have a few more of these families. Any suggestions on what I could do with what I have?

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 2nd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Twister wrote:I'm fairly new to PvP battles, and I've been trying to come up with a general use team. So far my best team is Unborn Val'kyr (open and dps until dies then finish with haunt) followed up with a chaos pup to use consume corpse with to heal.
Seems to be a waste that strategy - you have to remember that every time your valkyr haunts the pup can heal himself....

Twister

Post by Twister » June 4th, 2015, 8:39 am

Sorry I didn't mean haunt. Unholy Ascention. Where the other team takes 25% increased dmg for 9 rounds