Not sure what's going on...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Swtairen
Pet Score:7468
BattleTag®:Tairen#1741
Realm:Shadow Council-us
Not sure what's going on...

Post by Swtairen » May 24th, 2015, 12:13 pm

I'm trying to figure out if I did something strange or if I need to do a pet by pet comparison...

My achievement and this site show me as having 501 pets but my window only shows 499. Am I missing two pets that I had before and released somehow or am I trying to see pets that I have on an alt but can't see on my main?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Not sure what's going on...

Post by Quintessence » May 24th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Swtairen wrote:or am I trying to see pets that I have on an alt but can't see on my main?
This. The culprits are the Guild Page and Guild Herald. These pets only appear in the Pet Journal for the character that purchased and learned them. Plus Alliance can only view the Alliance version, while Horde can only see the Horde ones.

Your WarcraftPets collection, however, shows both versions. So 501 total (includes both Alliance and Horde versions) minus the two from whichever faction you're not viewing your Pet Journal on, equals 499.

Hope that solves the mystery!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Not sure what's going on...

Post by Dakaf » May 24th, 2015, 9:17 pm

The only time it really matters is when you're one away from an achievement. You look here and it shows like 400 or whatever. Go in game and you have 399. Other than those specific instances, it's pretty irrelevant other than to brag. Just point them here and they'll see how awesome you truly are! :)
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD