Preview 6.2 – Pets Galore

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Preview 6.2 – Pets Galore

Post by Voskres » May 19th, 2015, 7:48 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/191669 ... -5-19-2015

As we continue to explore new territory in Draenor, it should come as no surprise that new battle pets and new battle pet rewards will be found. Thus far, Draenor has contained a great deal of diversity for pet battlers, and Patch 6.2 will be no different. Let’s take a look at some of what’s in store for your collection.

Please note: Spoilers are ahead! If you want to discover the new battle pets and rewards for yourself, don’t read any further!

Tanaan Stop Action
First and foremost, Tanaan Jungle is where the action can be found on all fronts. You will find battle pets of all types dotting the landscape, four of which are new and just waiting to be caught for the first time:

Bloodbeak
Cerulean Moth
Violet Firefly
Fen Crab
Keep an eye out for the new quest “A Fel Puppy of My Own”, through which you can acquire the delightful new Fel Pup.

Just delightful.

But the jungle doesn’t only provide garden-variety battle pets. If you look carefully, you’ll find that there are 15 fel-corrupted legendary pets scattered throughout Tanaan. Your Pet Battle Master in your garrison will have some new information for you to get started. You can only defeat any of these legendaries once per day, and when you do, you’ll receive a container of Fel-Touched Pet Supplies, which will include:
Gold
Pet Charms
Pet Bandages

And has a small chance to include:
A Fel-Touched Battle-Training Stone (single use, grants +5 pet levels)
One of these rare pets:
Periwinkle Calf
Zangar Spore
Seaborne Spore
Nightmare Bell

You can ring my Nightmare Bell. Ring my Bell.

We’ve also got a new achievement for you when you defeat all 15 legendary opponents in Tanaan Jungle.
You’re Too Charming
Patch 6.2 is going to introduce a new vendor to your level 3 Garrison Menagerie. Tiffy Trapspring and Giada Goldleash have been attracted to your impressive stash of Pet Charms, and want to take them off your hands in exchange for the following pets:
Dusty Sporewing
Bloodthorn Hatchling
Glowing Sporebat
Lost Netherpup

And the following toys:
Magic Pet Mirror
Indestructible Bone
Spirit Wand

And the Hunt Continues
A number of new battle pets coming to World of Warcraft with patch 6.2 can be found all over the worlds. Back home in Azeroth, adventurers will cheer when they find the non-combative Nethaera’s Light glowing in Dalaran. Meanwhile, two new fishing pets are turning up at the Darkmoon Faire. One is called Blorp (also a non-combat pet), and the other is the wondrous Ghostshell Crab.

Their shells are made of ghosts.

Even more pets have found their way to the fields of battle on Draenor. Look carefully, and you may find:

Crimsonwing Moth -- A rare spawn in Talador with many spawn points, and only one ever appearing in the zone at a time.
Sapphire Firefly – A rare spawn in Spires of Arak who also has many spawn points and appears only once at a time.
Cinder Pup – Available from a new Garrison mission in patch 6.2.
Corrupted Nest Guardian – Dropped by Shadow Lord Iskar in the new Hellfire Citadel raid.

Get a first look at all of the above by testing Patch 6.2 with us on the PTR. Please note that availability to test some PTR content may be limited to certain time frames. Learn more about the upcoming Patch 6.2 and how to participate on the PTR in our 6.2 PTR Patch Notes.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Preview 6.2 – Pets Galore

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2015, 7:58 pm

An imformative and well constructed preview ! Hopefully people realize the large # of pet charms needed to buy all the toys and new pets ... 400ish for the pets and even more for all the toys

Valkyr type hunts in Spires and Talador? ... I hope that moth and firefly wont be so hard to come by...especially with no flying in Draenor! I love Quintessence's comment about this on the Wall.... "a whole lot of Nope"

Well done Voskres!
Last edited by Tekulve2012 on May 19th, 2015, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » May 19th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Valkyr type hunts in Spires and Talador? ... I hope that moth and firefly wont be so hard to come by...especially with no flying in Draenor!
me too :( I havent even gotten Valkyr v1 :(

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » May 20th, 2015, 9:44 am

Those rare spawns... ugh. No flying... ugh. Well, I'm not planning to rush to catch them anytime soon, no thanks. Maybe after the initial rush.

I wish, since we are going to spend the time and effort on this, that the pets would at least have a unique look.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 20th, 2015, 2:57 pm

Trethsparr wrote:I wish, since we are going to spend the time and effort on this, that the pets would at least have a unique look.
Totally agree. Another firefly - hmm, okay. Yet another moth - are you kidding? :roll:

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » May 20th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Who at Blizzard thinks that camping spawn points is a fun game mechanic?

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 21st, 2015, 5:01 am

Voskres wrote:Crimsonwing Moth -- A rare spawn in Talador with many spawn points, and only one ever appearing in the zone at a time.
Sapphire Firefly – A rare spawn in Spires of Arak who also has many spawn points and appears only once at a time.
I am very underwhelmed by these two pets. They could at least make these pets have unique or different attacks that would make them worth the effort. The Unborn was at least a very strong pet. I don't really feel like the effort is worth it for two generic, reskinned flyers.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » May 21st, 2015, 9:21 am

Mastr wrote:Who at Blizzard thinks that camping spawn points is a fun game mechanic?
Probably no one, but they do believe that people enjoy very rare, nobody has one, pets / mounts / transfo gear and this is one of the easiest way of implementing them.

Another way would be to implement actually really difficult content that they know only a small fraction of the player base would be able to clear, but history has proved that such an approach generate a substantial amount of backlash from frustrated players (as opposed to the rare spawn method).

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » May 22nd, 2015, 10:08 am

Does anyone know if the new pets bought with Pet Charms in your garrison will be cageable and thus be available on the AH?
Not sure how many Pet Charms I need to farm.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 22nd, 2015, 3:32 pm

Mastr wrote:Does anyone know if the new pets bought with Pet Charms in your garrison will be cageable and thus be available on the AH?
Not sure how many Pet Charms I need to farm.
Yes they can be caged. If you want to buy only the pets, you'll need 400 Pet Charms. If you want to buy the toys as well, you'll need a total of 1050 Pet Charms.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 24th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Quintessence wrote: Yes they can be caged. If you want to buy only the pets, you'll need 400 Pet Charms. If you want to buy the toys as well, you'll need a total of 1050 Pet Charms.
I have been doing the battles on about 4 toons. I took a break for a while from the garrison tamer (stupid me), but between all the toons, I should have more than enough to buy the pets soon after they go live! One or two per toon will get them all eventually.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD