Forced password change?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
Forced password change?

Post by Graven » May 21st, 2015, 10:51 am

Is anyone else having problems logging in today? My password, which was fine yesterday, seems to have been reset today as it doesn't work any more. All searching around seems to point to password reset being my only option - fine, except I no longer have access to the email account that I used to sign up to WoW nearly 10 years ago...

I had a ticket in the system about a pet-related issue (gryphon hatchling code didn't work, and then the pet they sent me as replacement was unsummonable) so I hope it is nothing to do with that. I really hope the GM didn't flag my account for suspicious activity or something weird like that.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Forced password change?

Post by Luciandk » May 21st, 2015, 11:03 am

Youve mightve been hacked. I hope you have an autenticator. Also, you might want to check for rmalware.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » May 21st, 2015, 11:11 am

If you manage to get back onto your account, it is possible to update your e-mail address to a new one, which I strongly recommend.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 21st, 2015, 1:42 pm

Phew, panic over. Was able to reset the password through the bnet site just using the authenticator, no email confirmation required. :)

Will definitely change the email address though, thanks for the suggestion. :oops:

If anyone is interested, my ticket was answered and the gryphon hatchling situation seems to have been sorted. Apparently there is a known issue with some of the codes though, so a heads up if anyone is looking to redeem one.