Red Cricket concerns

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Florencia
Red Cricket concerns

Post by Florencia » December 8th, 2012, 12:52 am

1st concern:

Got exalted with Sho today and I found out I my learned red cricket is rare quality with 16 power at lvl 1.....my concern is did bliz just hotfix the quality of this particular pet making them all become rare after learned or it was just me being lucky?

2nd concern:

Is red cricket actually viable for pet battles(pvp wise), I know it has the 2nd highest power among all battle pets(after li' rag) but why does it only has 1.1k+ HP at lvl 25 even with rare quality...and he doesn't have any unique moves other than normal cricket move sets...

I wanted to use it as its power but it seems like it will get 1 shotted in actually pet battles... :?

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Re: Red Cricket concerns

Post by Aislinge » December 8th, 2012, 1:23 am

I believe a hotfix went in this week so that all new Red Crickets are rare. Unfortunately, it does not apply to those who already have it as a poor quality pet.

As I'm one of those poor saps with a poor quality cricket, I can't help with the pet battle question as mine rarely comes out now :(

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Cabadath » December 12th, 2012, 5:35 am

I believe the hotfix was for the singing cricket (from the achievement 75 pets leveled to 25).

My understanding was that the red cricket still come in all qualities.

The point is that the achievement is account wide, meaning you can only complete it once. If you get an uncommon singing cricket, you cannot do it again to try for a rare. The red cricket is based on rep with Sho, which means you can try for it several times on different characters (or you could buy it on the AH; there are a lot of them there although the prices are still steep).

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 12th, 2012, 7:22 am

Hi,

I don't know if we're maybe talking about separate fixes here. Cory Stockton posted on Twitter about Red Crickets on the 6th, and then this hotfix mentions Singing Crickets.

I haven't got 75 level 25s yet, so I couldn't say what the story was with a Singing Cricket before, but I did get a rare from the Red Cricket I bought off the AH to try and replace my poor one from Sho.

Arve,
Alt diver.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » December 13th, 2012, 2:51 am

There's another post here indicating Blizzard figured out how to retroactively change pet quality, and they changed the red crickets, singing crickets and darkmoon hatchlings to rare.

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Cabadath » December 13th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Yup, I can confirm that my poor red cricket now is a strong and fit rare quality pet :)

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » December 13th, 2012, 4:30 pm

It's awesome! I won't have to spend a battlestone on upgrading the singing cricket.

Greendot
Pet Score:8039
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Greendot » December 13th, 2012, 4:58 pm

I got a grey quality red cricket and bought another one on AH to try get a rare one, no success. Then I got a critter stone, and used it on one of the crickets a couple of days ago. Today I realized they were hotfixed, so I opened a ticket, asking if they possibly could give me my critter stone back. But nope, no luck there, so both money and stone wasted.

Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Wezmerelda » December 13th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Open up another ticket. The GM who responded to my ticket about the battlestone gladly refunded my critter stone. Don't take "no" for an answer! :-)

Greendot
Pet Score:8039
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Greendot » December 14th, 2012, 9:54 am

I did open another ticket, asking why some people have their stones restored, and some not... the response I got was positive and they sent me a new stone. So yes, asking again can pay off! In this case I think it's pretty clear though that it should be done, since the bug was clearly caused by the game and not the users.