The price check thread.

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
The price check thread.

Post by Yamum » February 16th, 2015, 5:52 am

I thought it might be a good idea to have a reference where people can check the prices of non-cageable pets (Grunty, etc).

If you have a price query then post it here. If you have recently been involved in a transaction then let everyone know what the terms were. I'll start; I recently acquired a Wind Rider Cub. The asking price was 35k but the seller accepted 31k as that was all I had on that realm.

Anyone have a price check on a Netherwhelp?

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: The price check thread.

Post by Charlott » February 16th, 2015, 4:41 pm

I usually check ebay, amazon, etc and look for the buyout for that item, then just 'convert' to gold @ $1 = 1k.
Doing that, Netherwhelp would be ~225k. Lowest buyout I saw was $215. Tho I've only got about 200k on Stormrage (less on Illidan), so I guess I'd only be offering 200k heh.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 16th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Trying to do a conversion from $ to G isn't a bad start but I think this is one of those cases where the answer to "What is it worth?" really is "What ever you can get for it." There are so many factors that could come in that it's hard to put a price on things like the Netherwhelp.

Are you looking pets/mounts/toys that allow you to do a trade on any server or are you looking for gold on a non-popular server? Looking for gold on a low or medium pop server may well make it hard for anyone to make a large gold offer because it probably means them having to spend $ on a guild server transfer to move the money there.

Are you looking for a bunch of mid tier pets? You might get better offers. I know I paid a fair bit for my last CE code but I was trading a bunch of pets in the 5-20k price range and I was happy not having to try to sell them on Illidan h or someplace else where the gold would be desirable.

If you have a netherwhelp to trade i'd be happy to offer gold on illidan h if you are interested but my stock of pets is a little low due to the previously mentioned trade =)

Fandazzle
Top Rater
Pet Score:8328
BattleTag®:EpicMouse#11129
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Fandazzle » February 20th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Im looking for the value of a S/S Gilnean Raven and a P/B Raven

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » February 20th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Doing the $ to gold of 1$ = 1k gold might be a bit off when it comes to the older CEs. Most times they can go for 50% above the actually $ cost. A Netherwelp that someone puts out $215.00 will most likely ask over 300k gold and get it easily. I haven't been able to buy a Netherwhelp CE for under $300.00 recently they usually go for more. The last one I sold, I sold for 425k and bought it for $325.00 plus shipping. That's just an example but as they get harder and harder to find the cost goes up. I haven't sold any of these for a year or so so my numbers might be off for today's prices. It's been awhile simply because investing so much real life cash on the expectation of selling it for gold isn't that easy. I didn't want to tie up that much cash at a time in the hopes of finding a buyer. I've had them sit around for months before finding people to buy them.

I have found that people that bought the CEs when they first came out will sell them for alot less as they are still making something for their investment.

Good luck! (I need a Mini Tyreal) So when I win the lottery thats the first thing I will be buying LOL

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » February 20th, 2015, 1:27 pm

S/S Raven can be found on Illidan, Zul'jin, area 52 and Stormrage for around 25 to 30k. Sometimes you can find them for 15k or so on Illidan when people are in a hurry to get cash.

P/B I've found on those same servers for 12 to 15k quite often.

S/S show up more rarely. I check those servers for pets every day. But the best pace for pricing checking is The Undermine Journal.

Good luck!

If you have a problem finding an S/S raven the S/S darkmoon faire crow works just as well.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 20th, 2015, 2:05 pm

The pricing on the S/S, P/S, P/B Gilnean Ravens is a little weird. On one hand they are becoming rarer on the market since the breeds are retired, thus throttling the supply. At the same time I think buyers are getting scarcer as well as the people who were interested in them have already picked one up. But the prices do seem to have climbed overall in comparison to last xpac.

Currently I'd price a S/S at 20k and a P/B at maybe 6-8k. Or maybe I'm being too cheap? :lol: Going by TUJ the prices are currently higher than that on some servers, but I question if anyone's buying at those prices... I see the same sellers listing them over and over again, but I don't know if that's because they have multiples or if they're just not selling.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » May 3rd, 2015, 5:05 pm

Netherwhelp acquired for 450k, just FYI.