would you mind looking at my collection..

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cheaptoad
Pet Score:4199
Realm:Madoran-us
would you mind looking at my collection..

Post by Cheaptoad » April 29th, 2015, 3:32 pm

And letting me know if I have any glaring omissions or breed corrections to be made?

Thanx
Ct
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/collection/

Fishmeal
Pet Score:2490
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Re: would you mind looking at my collection..

Post by Fishmeal » April 29th, 2015, 6:49 pm

That link goes to your own user profile (so it takes me to my pets!). I think this is the link to your pets: http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Cheaptoad/

Cheaptoad

Post by Cheaptoad » April 29th, 2015, 8:52 pm

TY

I was trying to do it on my phone. Guess it didn't work.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 30th, 2015, 11:37 pm

Looking over your collection, was impressive. Like you've done some research and assembled and leveled the must-have guys. I can't comment on the PvP quality, don't do much of that, but for wild pets and trainers you're set.

About only things I could suggest, max out that Magical Crawdad, there's a few trainers where he's really nice to have. And if you spend time leveling your pets through high-end wild pet battles my favorite team member is Feline Familiar, you hardly ever have to stop for healing.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » May 1st, 2015, 11:09 am

Looking at your collection going into doing Celestials one day here were a few things that you should focus on leveling/obtaining.

First what Ranok said - level your Magical Crawdad. Awesome pet.

You have 2 level 25 Flayer Younglings but none are the S/S breed. I kinda thought this pet was junk until I realized I had a bad breed. If you can get an S/S I think you'll find alot of use for that pet.

I'd get your Oily Slimeling to 25 - great moth killer!

I'd focus on getting the pets you need for RWL2 - Mr. Bigglesworth is an awesome cat. There is one of the Celestial pets in the 2nd round that he can solo without any problem (I think it's the dragon). It takes forever but it works. Not sure how many pets you are missing for RWL2 but if it's 1 or 2, I could let you inventory the pets for a few minutes to get Bigglesworth now, just return them after you get the Achievement.

For one of the Tamers in Celestials and even today's Garrison - the one with a Lil Bling - the best solution is 3 of those Shale Spiderlings from Deepholm. You have the Amethyst. I'd head back and get the Emerald and Golden too. Those 3 shale spiders work like a charm and I did my plush achieve for the Celestial tamer using 2 of the Shale Spiders.

Best 2 pets from the latest - get yourself the Fragment of Desire. I had the worst time with the Talador Pet tamer. Then I found a solution using the Fragment of Desire that made it super easy (use FoD along with a dragonkin or even your oily slimeling).

Other new pet I use all the time is the Bone Serpant but I have found the S/S is the best breed (yours was something else). For the Nagrand Pet Tamer, I can pretty much take out 2 of those dang Murkalots without issue with the Bone Serpant. It's becoming one of my favorite. But the key to the BS is a fast one that gets hits in there first.

Not sure what your reputation is with the Cloud Serpants of Pandaria but once you are exalted there are 3 Dragon Hatchlings you can catch. If you have one of their Cloud Serpent mounts you'll be fine. I found them to be useful with the Celestials.

Dicrostonyx
Pet Score:7904
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Dicrostonyx » May 1st, 2015, 1:07 pm

I'm just going to provide an alternate viewpoint. I don't disagree with anything Abbotta or Ranok said, but personally I've used a completely different strategy and I do fine. I don't have a Magical Crawdad, I rarely use multiples of the same pet, and I don't think I have any WoD pets in my rotation, except as carry pets. Again, I'm not saying those are bad strategies or bad advice, just that it's not the only way to go.

First, I think that a lot of people over-emphasise breeds. Certainly, speed is good; being able to go first in a fight means that you get a free attack, so if you have a stun or reach the kill point you don't get hit back. That's great. The thing is, with the exception of the Celestial Tournament most pet battles can be won with a small number of powerhouse teams, and that includes Garrisons, Legendaries, and Trainers. So rather than making sure you have the exactly correct breed of fifty different pets, you can build a few strong teams and just bulldoze everything.

For example, in several Garrison and WoD Trainers battles and I just use a pair of Iron Starlettes backed up with a third chosen to counter one pet; they may be non-optimal, but they can do the job. Alternatively, I may use a Darkmoon Zeppelin and an Iron Starlette, sometimes the timing works a bit better. Mechanicals are generally amazing because of their class ability.

Here are a few pets I'd recommend getting to 25 Rare. If there's a specific breed I've noted it:

2 Frogs (you want Water Jet and Cleansing Rain). Fast is best if you can get them, but you can destroy many MoP trainers even with slow frogs.

2 Nordrassil Wisps, preferably S/S. Low damage, but Blind + Soul Ward means you can neutralise most big hitters.

You may want a second Iron Starlette, but it's not high priority.

2 Spiders/ Crawlers, preferably S/S with Brittle Webbing and Leech Life.

2 fast Foxes or Fox Kits.

2 Moths with Moth Dust. Breed is irrelevant since Flying creatures get a speed bonus above 50% health.

Dark Phoenix Hatchling.
Emerald Whelpling.
Gilnean Raven. (Start a Worgen character, it's the racial pet).
Lil' XT. (Common TCG pet. You can often buy the card on eBay for $5) This + a Howl pet will destroy many Legendaries, including Lil' Oondasta.
Phoenix Hatchling.

And, as Abbotta said, Mr. Bigglesworth. Very good for several tough battles, especial the King & Queen Floret in Garrison.

With Children's Week on now, you should probably get Legs and a Curious Wolvar Pup if you can. Both are good back-up in some Garrison and CT battles.

Cheaptoad

Post by Cheaptoad » May 1st, 2015, 1:51 pm

Thanx guys. That's a lot of great info. I'm taking notes.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » May 1st, 2015, 4:26 pm

Dicrostonyx wrote:I'm just going to provide an alternate viewpoint. I don't disagree with anything Abbotta or Ranok said, but personally I've used a completely different strategy and I do fine. I don't have a Magical Crawdad, I rarely use multiples of the same pet, and I don't think I have any WoD pets in my rotation, except as carry pets. Again, I'm not saying those are bad strategies or bad advice, just that it's not the only way to go.

First, I think that a lot of people over-emphasise breeds. Certainly, speed is good; being able to go first in a fight means that you get a free attack, so if you have a stun or reach the kill point you don't get hit back. That's great. The thing is, with the exception of the Celestial Tournament most pet battles can be won with a small number of powerhouse teams, and that includes Garrisons, Legendaries, and Trainers. So rather than making sure you have the exactly correct breed of fifty different pets, you can build a few strong teams and just bulldoze everything.

For example, in several Garrison and WoD Trainers battles and I just use a pair of Iron Starlettes backed up with a third chosen to counter one pet; they may be non-optimal, but they can do the job. Alternatively, I may use a Darkmoon Zeppelin and an Iron Starlette, sometimes the timing works a bit better. Mechanicals are generally amazing because of their class ability.

Here are a few pets I'd recommend getting to 25 Rare. If there's a specific breed I've noted it:

2 Frogs (you want Water Jet and Cleansing Rain). Fast is best if you can get them, but you can destroy many MoP trainers even with slow frogs.

2 Nordrassil Wisps, preferably S/S. Low damage, but Blind + Soul Ward means you can neutralise most big hitters.

You may want a second Iron Starlette, but it's not high priority.

2 Spiders/ Crawlers, preferably S/S with Brittle Webbing and Leech Life.

2 fast Foxes or Fox Kits.

2 Moths with Moth Dust. Breed is irrelevant since Flying creatures get a speed bonus above 50% health.

Dark Phoenix Hatchling.
Emerald Whelpling.
Gilnean Raven. (Start a Worgen character, it's the racial pet).
Lil' XT. (Common TCG pet. You can often buy the card on eBay for $5) This + a Howl pet will destroy many Legendaries, including Lil' Oondasta.
Phoenix Hatchling.

And, as Abbotta said, Mr. Bigglesworth. Very good for several tough battles, especial the King & Queen Floret in Garrison.

With Children's Week on now, you should probably get Legs and a Curious Wolvar Pup if you can. Both are good back-up in some Garrison and CT battles.

You also might be able to find a Gilnean Raven in the auction house. The reason it is so expensive, building a Worgen character is a pain in the butt since you must do all 15 levels until you can get out of Worgen land and actually go buy the pet. And of all the racial pets it's one of the best ones out there even if they don't have an S/S available anymore.

If you don't feel like making a brand new Worgen, you can also start a Worgen DK, it's a bit less painful. I think I got to level 9 on my Worgen and was so frustrated doing those starter quests. There wasn't any mats to gather or battle pets in the Worgen region and it was just painfully annoying. Then I found my guild had a GR in the guild bank and my guild leader let me buy it. I deleted the Worgen immediately.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 1st, 2015, 11:56 pm

Dicrostonyx wrote:2 Moths with Moth Dust. Breed is irrelevant since Flying creatures get a speed bonus above 50% health.
I would not say that breed is irrelevant for a moth. I like the power breeds for flying pets precisely because of that racial speed bonus. I highly recommend the P/P breed [pet]Yellow Moth[/pet]. If I am using a moth in a battle, this is the one I regard as my "go to" pet. It is easy enough to get with any Alliance character (they are sold by a Moth Egg Seller in the Exodar). You may need to buy several before you get the P/P breed, but I feel that higher damage is worth it (and if you look at the comments on the pet info page for it, you will see that I am not alone in this).