I finally beat that team with ... pvp edition

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
I finally beat that team with ... pvp edition

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 24th, 2015, 1:54 am

After a loss to a well constructed team, I find myself (2 rounds before a loss maybe) creating a counter team to rematch with

I propose a thread here where people post a team that is troublesome against you... and a team you made to finally beat them
You can give as few or many battle insights as you wish

I'll start off with 3:

Opposing team: Royal peacock-it had arcane storm/feign death + 2 Nexus whelp(p/p) mana surges

My counter- stonegrinder + 2 bonkers (one s/s) -Bonkers owns dragons...stonegrinder handles fliers well

An s/s ore eater shielded can help here too...bonkers stun chance makes it the better pick imo
-------
Opposing team 2
Fiendish imp-s/s +Teroclaw+ arctic hare s/s
This was a speedy healing team that called it's pets- I + win + stunningly

My counter
Darkmoon rabbit s/s-huge sharp teeth dodge burrow + s/s jademist + h/h bone serpent-bone barrage-darkness-NocStrike

The Dancer will whip Teroclaw esp if it is weakened a bit ,thus closer to losing the racial...this jademist breed is one of the best pets in PvP..it wrecks all elementals
-----
Opposing team 3
Weebom/Foss hatch/Mech pandaren dragonling
We've all seen this team

Counter-big guns
Murkalot/Blackfuse bombling(p/p)/MpD
Start with BfB and flame jet their opening pet-then murkalot-RI-the thunderbolt buffed hits for a lot

I also beat that trio with something even cheaper and more reliable :
Living sandling (h/h)/ Anubisath/ s/s fiendish imp- sandstorm negates so much damage!

Thanks for any sharing folks and good luck in your matchups
Tekulve

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: I finally beat that team with ... pvp edition

Post by Sternish » April 27th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Ok, I'll crack this off. The bane of my existence for weeks was the Son of Sethe team:

(P/S) Netherspace Abyssal (Immolate, Immolation, Nether Gate)
(S/S) Ore Eater (Acid Touch, Shell Armor, Body Slam)
(P/S) Son of Sethe (Plagued Blood, Touch of the Animus, Drain Blood)

Christ on a crutch I couldn't beat this team to save my life, and to make matters worse the pets were named "YOU", "BETTER" and "RUN". Fun, eh? This team stomped me time and time again to the point that I actually came here and made a thread asking for assistance. Then at long last, one evening he shows up again and I happened to be running my team "Alpine, Foxtrok" which is

(P/P) Ore Eater (Acid Touch, Shell Armor, Body Slam)
(P/B) Alpine Foxling (Flurry, Crouch, Dazzling Dance)
(H/P) Zomstrok (Infected Claw, Rot, Carpnado)

I was able to use Dazzling Dance and Rot to my advantage and after probably a dozen or so thorough spankings using a handful of different teams I was finally able to take out that rotten team. That was probably the most excited I've ever been after a pet battle and I probably sat there scrolling up through the fight log for an hour basking in my triumph. I could have retired from pet battling after that fight and felt like a champion. :mrgreen:

PS- Very cool idea for a thread topic, Tekulve

Alucryts
Pet Score:2677
Realm:Drak'thul-us

Post by Alucryts » April 28th, 2015, 12:51 pm

I was running in to

Iron starlette
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Lil bling

On top of that I was seeing tons of mechanicals so I came up with a mechanical slaughter team

H/H fel flame
S/S ore eater
S/S Phoenix Hatchling

It was a blood bath over and over and that team is now something on the order of 50-1.....the only loss came from someone chain sleeping gas sleeping my fel flame 100-0. I faced the same team 3 more times and let my ore eater nearly solo his whole team. This team on my battlegroup is a wrecking ball. The key is Scorched earth from the fel flame does zero damage to my team while allowing a free for all for conflagorates. The ore eater solos any aquatic pets and the Phoenix Hatchling comes in to soak and heal. The Phoenix typically closes out the match.... Being s/s with a big heal and conflagorate makes it great. The ore eaters shield allows it to straight up block a lot of rebuffs from even being applied. And team relying on dots is an auto loss to this team.

My new team is

H/H Living Sandling
P/B hydraling
S/S ore eater

I haven't been able to run it much but the few times I have the other team has a bear of a time killing anything on the team. I see double lil bling teams and fall off my chair laughing because they can't do damage to me at all. I can use call lightning and it does zero damage to my team but leaves the other team exposed. This team exploits shell shield to the maximum and the Sandling provides the pet swap proof slow that allows the hydraling to get shell shield off at the beginning of a turn extending it's use.

Amgesan
Pet Score:2897
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Amgesan » April 29th, 2015, 7:06 am

Triple Weebomination...

I find it quite lazy when someone uses the same pet more than once in a team, and the triple Weebom seems to be the most prevalent (not popular) triple team out there.

I have beaten the TW team with my other 'main' teams, but what I like to do is try out new ideas. Then if I get whupped by a **** of a team I'll swap to a tried and tested crew, insta-requeue and hope to draw them again. My counter is below:

Son of Sethe (Plagued Blood, Touch of Animus, Drain Blood)
Xu-Fu (Claws, Feed, Prowl)
Terrible Turnip (Tidal Wave, Leech Seed, Sunlight)

Open with sunlight and leech, then swap to the others to heal up. Weeboms are great for lack of burst, just make sure you get sunlight refreshed to not lose any bonus health.

This team also works fairly well against heal teams. It's kind of what I want disc priests to be. If you get to a 1v1 with your Sethe against a Blossoming Ancient though it's hilarious and it becomes a test of endurance...My opponent then made it to turn 120 before running.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 29th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Wow...I just read the last post here then logged in. after just a few matches in I found myself pitted against a triple weebom team. I had little chance with 2 humanoids on my comp..after the loss, I re-queued with Anubisath / h/h Living Sandling / Crawdad ...easy win with the sandstorm and heals...oddly, this opponent never used consume corpse on any of the 3 weebs