Jerebear - PTR stuff

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us
Jerebear - PTR stuff

Post by Chibimage » April 22nd, 2015, 9:02 am

Are you on the PTR Jerebear? If so, would love to chat strats for the new Legendary Pets.

Some are easy, some are broken and have no abilities yet and one is a monumental PITA, Felsworn Sentry.

Right now it reminds me of us beating our heads against Cymre Brightblade before they balanced her back in beta :)

Anyway, hit me up - jensketch#1607 or anyone else who is on the PTR and does nothing but test pet battles ;)

Chibimage
Top Rater

Re: Jerebear - PTR stuff

Post by Chibimage » April 22nd, 2015, 9:07 am

Sigh, nevermind, Tiny Snowman was the ticket!

Well it was, but the second two pets are really causing trouble. At this point I think this one needs to be tuned down. I've tried just about everything.

Edit; Ikky & Crazy Carrot combo took him down - but I think he's a bit broken his Fel Corruption is listing as doing 313 to all pets each, but is actually doing about twice that much. Sigh, PTR woes :)

Finally got him & his two annoying friends with Crazy Carrot, Ikky & Pebble. Down to 1 hit, him or me - but Carrot was faster than the Maggot.

Here is the thing though, the next day, his two pets could be totally different.

The Blistering Cold & Ikky debuffs was a thing to behold, though :D

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 22nd, 2015, 5:24 pm

I actually haven't checked out the PTR this time around. I've been getting over the Flu and work kicked up a notch as well. Hopefully things will die down some soon so I can play with the new stuff. I just haven't had the energy as of late.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » April 22nd, 2015, 5:46 pm

Oh man!! Well I hope you feel better and I totally understand the content blues, too. Take it easy!!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 23rd, 2015, 8:25 pm

I did hop on it tonight for a short bit (toddler was being crazy...so not for real long). Tried out one of them. I'll check out the Felsworn guy this weekend. Sounds like a fun guy. I was able to two pet the frog (not a solid strat...just trying to get by so I could test out EXP gains).

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 27th, 2015, 7:19 pm

This is what I have played with thusfar:

S/S Zandalari Kneebiter for Black Claw/Hunting Party/Bloodfang. Usually takes out the big guy quickly (except for some of the aquatics). You take the first Fel AoE attack, but that so far hasn't been an issue. I might Try Ikky on the aquatics for Black Claw + Flock.

I've also dabbled with s/s Fiendish Imp or Molten Corgi for the quick swap out before the Fel AoE. I still haven't found a great combo with it yet.

Things like blinding poison might also be good lead ins for some.