Share pet collecting news and advice.
Katnipssc
Pet Score:4490
BattleTag®:VeritaNostra#1673
Realm:Stormrage-us
I am an idiot. =_=

Post by Katnipssc » April 18th, 2015, 6:25 am

So..

I just did something really, horribly, incredibly stupid. I bought a Land Shark on the AH on an alt server that I had some spare gold on. Didn't think to check it. But it wasn't caged. So my alt, who is level 90 and has never set foot in Draenor, can't learn the pet. ><

I was wondering if anyone here in the Warcraftpets community would just so happen to have an Alliance on Zul'Jin that also just so happens to be good friends with Nat Pagle?

I need someone to cage the pet for me, so I can add it to my Btag. I'd make it worth your time.

Please add me in game if you can help me with this. Thank you so much in advance!

My BTag is VeritaNostra#1673

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: I am an idiot. =_=

Post by Merana » April 18th, 2015, 6:35 am

You can reach best friend with Nat by fishing the three rare daily fish in MoP. Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha and Mimic Octopus. It will just take a while, but can be done on a level 90 character, in case you can't find anyone to help you out.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 18th, 2015, 8:42 am

I did that at the end of MoP. It took me either 2 or 3 weeks of doing that to get BFF's with Nat. I think you only need the step below the max rep too. That might be your safest route. It's only like 30mins a day on average, so it isn't terrible.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » April 18th, 2015, 12:19 pm

I did the exact same thing. I asked in trade (offering other pets/gold) for someone to learn it & cage it for me. I was afraid the person was gonna just take off with my shark, but it ended up working out fine. Good luck

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 22nd, 2015, 12:00 am

You're probably better off joining a guild on that server (if you're not already in one), hang out in vent for a couple days and make some friends, then after you're all chums, ask one of them if they can help you. This way you get a feel for who's who, and who you can trust.

As far as getting to exalted (best friends) with Nat Pagle. It takes far less time to get to best friend through a level 3 fishing shack, by handing in Lunkers.

Last week I decided I wanted to get a Draenic Fishing Pole on my alt, so I fished up the 25 lunkers... only to realize that I needed to be Friends with Nat in order to buy the pole. So I fished up another 25 lunkers and got the Sea Calf for myself. Then I fished up 25 more lunkers for the pole... But a friend of mine was talking about how he wanted the Sea Calf, and because I wasn't friends with Nat yet, and couldn't get the pole anyway, I gave the Sea Calf to my friend. Then I fished up 25 more lunkers and got the pole. After that, with my new fishing pole I kept on fishing for another Sea Calf for myself...

It only took me three days of straight fishing to get from Stranger to Best Friends with Nat by handing in Lunkers. And along the way I got two sea calves and a fishing pole (= 125 Lunkers).

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632

Post by Ranok » April 22nd, 2015, 12:13 am

If I were looking for a trustworthy sort to ask to equip and return a Land Shark, think I'd start by checking out Zul'jin leading collectors here on the WarCraftPets website (although they seem to be heavily Horde). Serious pet collectors seem to be much friendlier sorts than the average ones you come across in Trade.

Also if they rip you off you could shame them in forums :lol: .

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 22nd, 2015, 2:29 pm

Abashera wrote:It only took me three days of straight fishing to get from Stranger to Best Friends with Nat by handing in Lunkers. And along the way I got two sea calves and a fishing pole (= 125 Lunkers).
Gosh, some of you guys have a completely different idea to me, of what is "easy" and what is hellishly grindy. ;) Three straight days?! That's an insane amount of time to spend fishing imo! I find it hard to fish for more than 30 minutes at a time. If this was me, I would be seriously considering whether to just give up on the pet, chalk it up as a loss and start farming more gold.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 22nd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Ranok wrote:Also if they rip you off you could shame them in forums :lol: .
Unfortunately, you couldn't. It's against the rules to do that here. :shock:

There was a situation some months/years back, where a member on this site was accused of (and admitted to) scamming another member out of a spectral cub. Unfortunately due to the "no name and shame" rule on these forums, he was able to change his name and continue cruising the trade forums. Anyone posting warnings about him had their threads locked or removed.

Can't say I understand the rule myself. I'm guessing it has to do with some legal issue, or maybe it's some other reason altogether. Either way, "name and shame" is not allowed on here, or the official forums.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632

Post by Ranok » April 22nd, 2015, 2:48 pm

Graven wrote:Unfortunately, you couldn't. It's against the rules to do that here. :shock:

Can't say I understand the rule myself. I'm guessing it has to do with some legal issue, or maybe it's some other reason altogether. Either way, "name and shame" is not allowed on here, or the official forums.
Thanks for the correction, I wasn't aware of that.

Thinking about it, it's not a bad rule. Means no danger of the flame wars that are all too common in WoW chat and forums.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 22nd, 2015, 7:44 pm

Graven wrote: There was a situation some months/years back, where a member on this site was accused of (and admitted to) scamming another member out of a spectral cub. Unfortunately due to the "no name and shame" rule on these forums, he was able to change his name and continue cruising the trade forums. Anyone posting warnings about him had their threads locked or removed.
In a situation such as that, it would have been better to [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/contact/]contact an admin[/url] and explain the situation.

Rather than making the issue about the transaction itself (WarcraftPets will not assist in trade disputes), point out that he or she is abusing our forums by creating multiple accounts for malicious purposes. If there's evidence of such behavior, it couldn't hurt to point it out as well. We'll definitely take a look at it.

(Apologies OP, for going off topic, but this is an important thing that should be noted.)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 23rd, 2015, 9:16 am

Katnipssc wrote:So..

I just did something really, horribly, incredibly stupid. I bought a Land Shark on the AH on an alt server that I had some spare gold on. Didn't think to check it. But it wasn't caged. So my alt, who is level 90 and has never set foot in Draenor, can't learn the pet. ><

I was wondering if anyone here in the Warcraftpets community would just so happen to have an Alliance on Zul'Jin that also just so happens to be good friends with Nat Pagle?

I need someone to cage the pet for me, so I can add it to my Btag. I'd make it worth your time.

Please add me in game if you can help me with this. Thank you so much in advance!

My BTag is VeritaNostra#1673
Crazier things have happened.

If you need someone who is good friends with Nat Pagle I can help you. Better yet I can even just swap my Land Shark, which is already in my inventory, upgraded to rare and at level 12 for your unopened Land Shark. That way you know you won't be scammed a Land Shark and you'll be able to add it since it's one already in inventory. As for quality of pet. I only have 2 pets I need to upgrade to rare so it'll be easily for me to take your uncommon shark and upgrade to rare and level it quickly.

I won't be home until later tonight but if you are interested let me know or add me at LynneSin#1318. You'll have to create a toon on Area 52 to make the deal work.

Katnipssc
Pet Score:4490
BattleTag®:VeritaNostra#1673

Post by Katnipssc » April 23rd, 2015, 10:05 am

Sorry for the lack of response everyone, I got sidetracked with some other stuff.

Thanks so much for all the tips guys, but I ended up just reselling the one I purchased on Zul'Jin and buying one on my main server. Managed to finally get one to show up on the AH. Lol

Again, thanks everyone. Love this community, you guys are the best. <3