Squirt Strategy for Level 1 pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Squirt Strategy for Level 1 pets

Post by Jaladar » April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm

So I was looking for a leveling strategy and came across this info over at Wowhead. Credit for the info goes to Thulsadoom, just re-posting here since a lot of strategies I see require a few levels due to Tyri. This strat works with level one pets of all kinds, and with just the Safari Hat on I go from level 1 to level 9. Good Luck and thanks Thulsadoom!

25 Rare Fjord Worg pup (Bite, Howl, Dazzling Dance)
25 Rare Ghostly Skull (Shadow Slash, Ghostly Bite, Siphon Life)
Carry pet (Level 1)

Open with Worg and Dazzling Dance. Howl, Bite (x3). Deebs dies.

Enter Tyri. Bite, Howl. Worg Dies.

Enter Skull. Shadow Slash. Tyri dies. Enter Puzzle. Swap to Carry pet. Puzzle cast Dodge. Swap back to skull. Shadow Slash, Ghostly Bite. Puzzle dies.

12 rounds. Level one pet gains 2175 XP (unbuffed). See below for breakdown of XP gain per level.

Level 1 carry pet gains 2175 XP.
Level 8 carry pet gains 2805 XP.
Level 12 carry pet gains 2835 XP.
Level 14 carry pet gains 2760 XP.
Level 17 carry pet gains 2535 XP.
Level 18 carry pet gains 2430 XP.
Level 20 carry pet gains 2175 XP.
Level 21 carry pet gains 2025 XP.
Level 22 carry pet gains 1860 XP.
Level 23 carry pet gains 1680 XP.
Level 24 carry pet gains 605 XP.

Widdershin
Pet Score:5244
BattleTag®:Snowwraith#2336
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Re: Squirt Strategy for Level 1 pets

Post by Widdershin » April 20th, 2015, 2:19 am

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I'm guessing it's dependent on the breed of Worg you are using. I was using a power/health breed and at the stage where Tyri is supposed to kill the worg I still have life left and end up being stunned. This then results in Tyri getting to AoE the pets and kills the level 1 carry pet.

What breed Worg did you use?

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » April 20th, 2015, 6:33 am

Widdershin wrote:Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I'm guessing it's dependent on the breed of Worg you are using. I was using a power/health breed and at the stage where Tyri is supposed to kill the worg I still have life left and end up being stunned. This then results in Tyri getting to AoE the pets and kills the level 1 carry pet.

What breed Worg did you use?

I am using a P/P breed Worg and H/H Skull, but I did have the same issue you described a couple of times (rare but it happened). I would just switch pets anyway at that time and "usually" I would get through ok. I ran through a lot of level one pets and I only had to restart a couple times because the fight script didn't play out as planned to the point I lost. Usually, either the Worg would live or the Skull wouldn't kill Tyri when he was supposed to and he would get a slash off but my level one pets always handled 1 slash--if the Worg's Howl or the Skull's Shadow Slash missed and he was able to Slash more than once..that's when I usually had a problem.

Edit--

When I use Squirt for my Level 1 pets, I don't level 1-25. I usually just do 1 fight with the pet, then swap to another and repeat. My preference is to get as many of my pets enough health so they can survive some of the other battles around rather than spend a lot of time on one pet. Reason for this is we only get Squirt once in awhile and besides Ashlei, she is really the only safe battle I have found for a level 1 that gives good XP. Once a pet has some health, they can usually survive being swapped in for a turn against some other trainers, and there are a lot of good carry strategies out there for those.

Jal

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 20th, 2015, 10:59 am

I did it with the H/P breed and it worked but you definitely didn't die as reliably. You needed at least one crit against your worg to ensure it actually died. The it seems like you also need a good hit or a little luck for a single Shadowslash to kill off Tyri.

I did make one change to the Strategy that seemed to make it work well enough with the h/p breed. When the Skull comes in use Ghostly Bite instead of Shadow Slash. I did usually have to manually swap the stunned Worg out but the Shadow Slash with Howl still up was enough to kill Tyri and most level 1 pets can survive the one round of his attacks that you take in that scenario. You end up stunned but can still swap out to the carry pet for the first round of Puzzle so it works just fine. It also comes off CD just in time to finish puzzle.
Last edited by Kpb321 on April 20th, 2015, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Widdershin
Pet Score:5244
BattleTag®:Snowwraith#2336
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Widdershin » April 20th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Jaladar wrote: When I use Squirt for my Level 1 pets, I don't level 1-25. I usually just do 1 fight with the pet, then swap to another and repeat. My preference is to get as many of my pets enough health so they can survive some of the other battles around rather than spend a lot of time on one pet. Reason for this is we only get Squirt once in awhile and besides Ashlei, she is really the only safe battle I have found for a level 1 that gives good XP. Once a pet has some health, they can usually survive being swapped in for a turn against some other trainers, and there are a lot of good carry strategies out there for those.

Jal
What I do to get my level 1 pets off the ground is that I have parked my little-used alts around the world by the daily trainers. Each day (when time permits) I go through and do the dailies using proven 2 pet teams to get the level 1 carry pet off the ground. Then when Squirt comes around I have a generous selection of pets with sufficient health to take a few Tyri hits to level up using, in my case, a Wild Crimson Hatchling and Ghostly Skull combo.

Kasema
Pet Score:3347
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Kasema » April 21st, 2015, 2:37 pm

Found this one over on the official forums. Need to try it out next time Squirt comes around.

"Today's Level 1 approved strategy is...
Enchanted Broom, Carry, Weebom

Sweep
Swap to Carry
Swap to Weebom
Cleave until Weebom dead (as well as Squirts Backline, and Puzzle is at 100ish health)
Bring back the Enchanted Broom
Sweep (Puzzle will almost always Dodge)
Broom
The end."

credit for this goes to Zepp-Drak'tharon

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 21st, 2015, 4:29 pm

Kasema wrote:Found this one over on the official forums. Need to try it out next time Squirt comes around.

"Today's Level 1 approved strategy is...
Enchanted Broom, Carry, Weebom

Sweep
Swap to Carry
Swap to Weebom
Cleave until Weebom dead (as well as Squirts Backline, and Puzzle is at 100ish health)
Bring back the Enchanted Broom
Sweep (Puzzle will almost always Dodge)
Broom
The end."

credit for this goes to Zepp-Drak'tharon
Actually, I believe he snagged that from Sepsis and just changed batter to broom (as did I):
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13464&p=111830&hilit=squirt#p110632
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829