Getting a Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Krakenheds
Pet Score:1446
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Getting a Team

Post by Krakenheds » April 20th, 2015, 12:21 pm

I only have a handful of lvl 25 pets but I have 11 of those garr. quest stones to get a lvl 25 pet. I'm trying to get some idea's on some must have battle pets to use them on. Thanks for any help/advice.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Getting a Team

Post by Abbotta » April 20th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Krakenheds wrote:I only have a handful of lvl 25 pets but I have 11 of those garr. quest stones to get a lvl 25 pet. I'm trying to get some idea's on some must have battle pets to use them on. Thanks for any help/advice.
I'm not going to use all 11 because I think some should be held in reserved for pets you don't have yet but would be put to top of the list should you get them. I'm also not going to include anything close to level 25 that you could get leveled quickly with a few runs at Kura/Eris pet dailys and those yellow stones that add one level.

But you have some great pets and here's what you should get to level 25 ASAP because you could use them for plenty of Tamers including WoD Pet tamers:

* Anubiseth Idol - Top of the list (Yours level 6 rare)
* Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling - Need to get that to rare and then to 25 (yours level 1 uncommon)
* Iron Starlette (yours level 1 rare)
* Chrominius (yours level 5 rare)
* Darkmoon Zeppelin (yours level 5 rare)
* Unborn Val'kyr - Need to get to rare and then to 25 (you'rs is level 1 junk)
* Lil Rag (yours is level 8 rare)

Your Nexus Whelpling is level 19 rare, you could probably level that to 25 on your own or do 2 battles with Kura/Eris. But get that to 25.

Your Scourged Whelplings and Emerald Proto-Whelp are both level 19 and should get to rare as soon as possible then to 25. Again, they are are high enough it's a waste to use those level 25 stones.

Save 1 level 25 stone for when you get a Pandaran Water Spirit.

That should get you pretty strong to easily be able to do 4-5 of the of WoD Pet Tamers and most of the Garrison Daily Pet Tamers (once you get a Pandaran Water Spirit). Maybe even 6 - you do have a Grubb at level 25 which I've heard that works with Tarr although never used a Grubb with him.

Good luck!

Krakenheds
Pet Score:1446
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Krakenheds » April 20th, 2015, 8:05 pm

Thanks so much..I used the stones on the ones you suggested. I do have a lvl23 Unborn Valkyr rare that I can get to 25. Now comes the fun part of learning how to use them.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 21st, 2015, 10:54 am

Krakenheds wrote:Thanks so much..I used the stones on the ones you suggested. I do have a lvl23 Unborn Valkyr rare that I can get to 25. Now comes the fun part of learning how to use them.
You'll have a blast and should be able to get through most tamers with those pets. Make sure you look up some of the the great Pet Add-ons that will be useful to have. I like that one where you can setup the teams. I keep a team together for my 'Howl Bomb' which is the combo of Unborn Val'kyr, Pandarian Water Spirit and Chrominius that you can use for killing most single battle pets like the Pandaran Fable Pets and those single beasts you get at the Garrison Menagerie.

You should be able to do WoD Tamers now but you won't be able to do MoP Tamers until you do all the other Tamers in order of Xpacs. So your first goal is to start working through the Pet Tamer achieves. Start reading the celestial guides to get an understanding of what kind of pets you might need to do Celestials but know there is no one exact way of achieving it.

If you have questions you can always contact me through LynneSin#1318.