What now?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
What now?

Post by Taleranor » April 15th, 2015, 11:34 am

So I've collected all the pets I can collect. Seriously, all that are left are RAF, CE, and Blizzcon ones--the ones that would cost (potentially) big real life money. And the Darkmoon Rabbit. Eventually I'll find it for a decent price, maybe.

I've leveled all the pets I can level. Sure, I could start throwing leveling stones at the balloons and kites and whatnot, but is there any point? Do they add to my pet score here? Does the game even notice, or care? I could level spares and duplicates, but to what end? It would feel like I was doing it simply because I was addicted to hitting the Panda tamers every day.

I guess I can... relax? until 6.2. Or slog through the last 327 battles for the monument. Or PvP pet battle, not that I like it that much except in small doses.

Does anyone else hit this stage and feel kind of empty and confused and... well, at a crossroads?

Looks like it's time to get back to archaeology. /shudder

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: What now?

Post by Merana » April 15th, 2015, 12:09 pm

This always happens to me when a raid or dungeon mount drops after months of farming, but there's usually enough other mounts or transmog gear or achievements to replace one thing with another.
When it comes to pet battling I leveled some pets for friends after I was done leveling up all of mine.

What things other than pet battling do you like doing in WoW? I'm sure you can find something else to do, or just take it easy until the next patch is out.

Taleranor

Post by Taleranor » April 15th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Oh, I do a little of everything. :) I go from obsession to obsession in WoW... so it'll probably be back to archaeology (shudder) while I binge on Netflix. And then I can catch up on all the Draenor achievements I've been too lazy to do. And if all else fails, there's mount hunting. (again, shudder)

I just got so into the pet leveling groove that it's weird breaking free. :)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm

You can start hoarding charms for when the new pets arrive

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » April 15th, 2015, 3:24 pm

If you enjoy pet battles, you could offer pet leveling services and make some extra gold.. or level your duplicates and sell them..

Chaa1627
Pet Score:13602
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Chaa1627 » April 15th, 2015, 7:01 pm

I finished leveling all of mine probably a month or so ago also. I'm still doing the garrison daily on all 10 characters out of habit. Sitting on 3,200+ charms, 200+ leveling stone for any breed, and many of the different breeds ones as well. I figure as long as blizzard doesn't delete them at the end of the expansion or make them obsolete in some way, I'll be set for any new pets coming in the next couple of years.

Taleranor

Post by Taleranor » April 15th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Topaz wrote:You can start hoarding charms for when the new pets arrive
Yes, yes... 87 down, only 1000 or so to go if I want the toys and pets. : )

The pet market really is dismally slow on the realms on which I have a presence. I can't even sell the ones I already have for sale at a decent price. It's sad.

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » April 16th, 2015, 12:52 am

I hit the same roadblock at a point. Had every pet I could feasibly get and all leveled. Leveled multiple breeds of strong pets. The only pet I didn't have was the Stunted Direhorn and PvP just wasn't my thing at that time. But I wanted the pet, so I knuckled down and started grinding out the 250 wins.

By the time I was approaching it, it was becoming more and more fun to me. Now, most of the fun of pet battles for me is cooking up new teams for PvP and trying them out. Of course you mentioned that PvP isn't your favorite so that doesn't help you but that's just how it worked out for me.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find some way to continue to enjoy the pet game :mrgreen:

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 17th, 2015, 6:53 am

Don't fret, I know you're feeling. I'm there myself.

I kinda got that way after I hit my 600th pet.

But I also get restless in the springtime. Less wow, more sunshine. I will admit that battle pets have kept me playing longer than expected and if I can gather enough gold each month without having to pay cash to renew then I may stick around longer.

But you know, time to do other things.

But as for WoW still working on my Strider Mount from the Anglers. I like doing Achieves - that's fun. The rest, I do whatever is fun, isn't that why we long in the first place?