Hello! I'm a noob looking for addons suggestions!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Arkdown
Pet Score:1240
Realm:Drak'thul-us
Hello! I'm a noob looking for addons suggestions!

Post by Arkdown » April 14th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Hello! I'm new in the forum, and new in pet collecting/battle, maybe i'm one of the "filthy casual" because to be honest my first lvl 25 pet was because of the garrison boost stone, but i got hooked on pets and pets battles since that.
I'm looking for suggestions about which addons are more essential in your opinion!

Thanks in advance!

Flx
Top Rater
Pet Score:10067
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Re: Hello! I'm a noob looking for addons suggestions!

Post by Flx » April 14th, 2015, 5:54 pm

hey there, i personally use 4 addons and here is the list:

battlepetcount - this one just makes it easier to keep track of how many of specific pets you own, also shows level and quality of them.

pet-battle-teams - allows you to save a team of pets with specific abilities and names so can just save a team for each tamer to make it easier.

pet-journal-enhanced - just a improved UI and better sorting options for pets also much easier for the eye to find exactly what your looking for.

cancel-pet-fight - this one just offers you a quick option to cancel a pet fight if your looking for rares only so if you begin a pet battle and none of the pets in that group are blue it will just offer to forfeit it right away with 1 press on escape press.

i cannot give you links cause i didn't make enough posts for it yet but you can find all of them on curse.

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Imry » April 14th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Adding to the list, I use:

Rematch: Basically the same as Pet Battle Teams, an addon that allows you to save commonly used team configurations. It differs from PBT in that it has it's own little window instead of attaching to the existing UI and it has a TON more options. It allows you to create categories and save teams into different tabs to make things a little more organized. It also has a VERY advanced filtering/search system. You can search for pets that are strong/weak against certain things or pets of a certain level range in addition to the normal filters. And then perhaps the most awesome feature is that you can create a levelling queue for pets. You can add however many pets you like to the queue, arrange them how you'd like and then set out to level and once one pet hits level 25, if you have your team set up correctly, it will automatically advance to the next pet for you.

Downside is there is a lot of set up involved and it may be a little overwhelming at first, but if you have the time to really sit down and get to know the addon, it's AMAZING.

Pet Battle Keybinds: Very simple, lightweight addon that just adds a little quality of life features for those long battling sessions - it adds complete keyboard keybinds to all your pet battle functions. Swapping pets is as easy as hitting F1-F3 and cancelling a battle is a breeze by hitting 'F', no confirmation popups to click.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 14th, 2015, 7:38 pm

My must haves:

Battle Pet BreedID - breeds become very important at certain stages of the game (mostly PVP, but some PVE strats as well). Some other addons may include a pet breed identifier but this is the one I use. It shows your current pet's breed, all possible breeds, and what the stats will be at max level/rarity.

Pet Battle Teams and/or Rematch (you can use both if you want) - both let you save the teams you use most, which is super helpful if you start making daily rounds at the various tamers. Rematch is probably the more popular one and has more options, but I use Pet Battle Teams as I prefer a more simple layout that just saves teams that I want.

Optional but useful:

Pet Battle Keybinds - puts all your battle pet commands on the keyboard without overriding any keybinds you have. It gets very tiring after many battles to have to mouse click all the commands! :p

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 15th, 2015, 10:59 am

For me the best part of rematch is being able to save and then have automatically loaded teams for the PvE fights. So nice not having to find and load the team I'm looking for.