Best team to capture an Unborn Val'kyr?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mtnlioness
Pet Score:8558
Realm:Blackhand-us
Best team to capture an Unborn Val'kyr?

Post by Mtnlioness » April 8th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Ok, I am starting my hunt for an Unborn Val'kyr. What is the best team to use? Any tips for the hunt?

Thanks!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Best team to capture an Unborn Val'kyr

Post by FuxieDK » April 8th, 2015, 1:25 pm

Any team with a [pet]Terrible Turnip[/pet] (Weakening Blow) or [pet]Molten Corgi[/pet] (Superbark)...

Bashaba
Pet Score:821
Realm:Greymane-us

Re: Best team to capture an Unborn Val'kyr?

Post by Bashaba » April 8th, 2015, 2:01 pm

i just started collecting but my friend is a huge collector and she said the very same thing always have a turnip or the molten corgi dog on my wild teams so i don't accidently kill any wild pets i actually want :)

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 8th, 2015, 5:31 pm

Read up on the battle on Wowhead before starting as the capture can be tricky (and really, really maddening when you finally see one and it dies).

First, check the Unborn's abilities. If third one is Unholy Ascension it's impossible to capture because it will suicide. Forfeit the battle and start over, it's been reported that it will eventually restart with Haunt instead of UA. Also sounds like Blizz has taken pity on us Pet People and made it more likely you'll get an Unborn with Haunt.

The problem with Haunt is that your pet can't die while it's being haunted or the Unborn dies too. A high-level aquatic with some sort of self-heal is good defense against this.

Mtnlioness
Pet Score:8558
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Mtnlioness » April 8th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Thank you! Does the phasing matter? Do you need to make sure you have a Char that has completed the quest line to see all the spawn points? For example in Icecrown?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 8th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Pretty sure there's no phasing issues, but don't remember which toon I got my Unborn with so can't guarantee.

As tricky as Blizzard has made finding and capturing, it'd be downright sadistic to throw in phasing too :D

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 8th, 2015, 9:02 pm

There are phasing issues on some spawns. I found one for a guildy in Icecrown, but they had to play alt roulette until they found the one they played in Wrath and had done all the quests to see it.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 9th, 2015, 2:05 am

Jerebear wrote:There are phasing issues on some spawns. I found one for a guildy in Icecrown, but they had to play alt roulette until they found the one they played in Wrath and had done all the quests to see it.
Icecrown have always suffered from Phasing Plague..

We once had an entire 25man (well, only 24) standig at the summoning stone at ICC, trying to summon the 25th man... None of us, could see anyone else at the stone.

I refuse to believe that there are 24 possible DIFFERENT phases for that zone, and that we all were at different stages. Especially, because several had the Loremaster-achievement.
Never understood, why summoning stones haven't been moved into the instance by now...

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 9th, 2015, 5:19 pm

TURKEY!

That'll put that Val'kyr to sleep for two or three rounds and won't give it a chance to do any of it's funky abilities.

Otherwise, my P/P Emerald Proto-Whelp and Terrible Turnip are my main wild-capturing pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 9th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Abashera wrote:TURKEY!

That'll put that Val'kyr to sleep for two or three rounds and won't give it a chance to do any of it's funky abilities.
My Val'kyr catch team had a Turkey too (useful for any pet that can kill itself, that you don't want to risk resetting). Just use Food Coma when it's low enough to capture and you get 2 rounds to trap it.

A Turnip or Molten Corgi is recommended but if you don't want to go that route you don't have to, just make sure you have some pets that can do very weak attacks (like Leap, Arcane Explosion) if you need to whittle it down. I think I stacked 2 different Turkeys and some other random pet (maybe a mechanical?) to deal with the secondaries.

Dallasathome
Pet Score:1970
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Dallasathome » May 11th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Wow, wish I had done more research! After looking for one of these guys for almost a year now - I finally logged onto one of my stationed alts in Northrend and there it was! YAY!!!!!!! Then - after about 3 rounds with the Corgi - it popped Unholy Acension ...... :cry: and it was all over...

Hope I'm not waiting another year....