Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Rodent Crate to be Released - Horde - CLOSED

Post by Abashera » April 7th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Faction: Horde
Server: US, Hyjal
Pet: Sumprush Rodent
Rodents Release Time: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15 at 7PM, Pacific Standard Time; (10PM Eastern Standard Time)
Invites so far: 5

IT'S WEDNESDAY, 4/15/15. I'll be in the game throughout the day - Contact me to sign up!

To be added to my Battletag...

a) Make a level 1 Horde toon on my server (US, Hyjal).

b) Whisper one of my mains, Smïteyou or Böö. You can copy the names and paste them into your chat using Ctl/v - that way you don’t have to look up the special character alt-codes.

c) WIN!

I’ll be writing down the names of the characters you'll be using (for invite purposes). To keep this down to a manageable level, I’ll be accepting only the first 20 friend requests—though I may extend this. (If you're on the US, Hyjal server, please don't ask to be added to my battletag, you just need to be in the area when the rodents are released.)

I'll be online on and off throughout the week. So if you don't catch me in-game right away, please just keep trying periodically (if I'm logged in, but I don't answer you, I could be afk or sleeping). You can also contact me right here, and we can arrange a meeting time. :)

(I don’t like the idea of giving out my battletag on a public forum, so I feel this way should fit this purpose. Sorry if this seems overly complicated. But it's really simple - just whisper me and I'll add you.)

To be added into the group at release time…

I will be waiting in the spawn area an hour before release (release is at 7PM, and I'll be accepting invites starting at no later than 6PM, PST).

I will broadcast a message in battletag a few hours before release time. All you will need to do is whisper me with the password, and the "WhisperInvite" add-on will automatically add you to the group.

(If you're on the US, Hyjal server, please don't ask to be added to my battletag, you just need to be in the area when the rodents are released.)

CAPTURE DETAILS:

1) You have to do the introductory questline to Domination Point to be able to be phased in and see the rodents (there are seven days from now to be able to get that done). I believe you need to be level 90 to do the quests. The name of the starting quest is "Meet the Scout" (you can look it up on wowhead).

2) The rodents spawn for approximately one hour. They spawn in Karasarang Wilds in Pandaria, in the very north of Domination Point.

3) Six rodents are up at all times. If you’re looking for a particular breed, you have to kill the first pet [IN BATTLE] and then forfeit to get a new rodent to spawn (this was changed at the release of Draenor). You must have a level 25 team.

If you’re relatively new to pet collecting, I recommend having the Terrible Turnip on your team for the capture, which will insure you that the rodent won't be killed (using Weakening Blows, Inspiring Song, and Sunlight). A pet with good self-healing abilities would also be good because you won't need to use bandages if you plan to forfeit—your 1st pet will still have high health after forfeiting—A pet like the Emerald Proto-Whelp is good for this.

4) :) Please be courteous to others :)

a. If the rodent is not the breed you want, you will be expected to kill the first pet (the rodent) in battle so a new one can spawn for someone else - unless someone in party chat is looking for the breed you have, and then you can forefeet without killing it.

Remember that you can use a Battlestone to bring a pet to rare, so you don’t have to keep battling for a rare if others are still waiting to catch the pet. However, if we don't get a large turnout, feel free to keep looking for your rare—use your own judgment. =)

(Why I’m doing this through warcraftpets instead of announcing it in trade chat… 1) The warcraftpets community has been very helpful to me, and I would like to help others from the site; 2) When I released my last rodent crate I announced it to my guild, and no one wanted to join in on the catch (there aren’t many pet collectors in my guild, and the serious ones already have the pet). I also went back to the city and announced it in trade that I had released a crate, and no one came. So I figure that on warcraftpets.com I may find more people who still need the pet.)

—Rx
Last edited by Abashera on April 15th, 2015, 9:35 pm, edited 50 times in total.

Abashera

Re: Rodent Crate to be Released - Details Pending

Post by Abashera » April 7th, 2015, 11:02 pm

In other words, what I'm asking is... Sometimes when you're in a raid group, it locks you out of being able to do quests and stuff. I don't want to invite 40 people, and then none of them can actually capture any pets.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 8th, 2015, 1:16 am

when i was on a group the numbers where from 10 to 20
since they keep spawning over and over it wasnt hard for ppl to get them.

Bashaba
Pet Score:821
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Bashaba » April 8th, 2015, 1:59 pm

i would be interested in being a tagalong if it isnt super late at night :)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » April 8th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Please let me know when you're doing this. I've been farming commissions for a while now and still am not close.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919

Post by Aurae » April 8th, 2015, 3:30 pm

I would also be interested in tagging along for a catch once you decide when. :)

Zonnetje
Top Rater
Pet Score:11705
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Zonnetje » April 8th, 2015, 5:08 pm

If I am home, and it is alliance side, I would most definitely be interested.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 8th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Basically anybody in the area when you open the crate can catch the Sumprush Rodents whether grouped or not. Rodents keep spawning for 20 minutes or so and is no problem catching one. Only consideration with a lot of people in on it, more competition if you're holding out for a Rare.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » April 8th, 2015, 5:20 pm

I'm super interested in this. I'll give you one of pet of your choosing from the level 3 pet menagerie bags or any of the horde WoD rep pets you're missing. Won't be able to log on this weekend 4/10 - 4/12, but on quite often otherwise. Don't care what quality, I'll get a b/b version and be on my way.
Last edited by Darkchyld on April 8th, 2015, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 8th, 2015, 5:28 pm

Before I drop one, as long as I do it on my server and do not accept a cross server invite, I announce in trade chat I'm dropping the crate.
The only catches are...the people MUST be level 90 and they MUST do the opening quest line at Domination Point otherwise they'll be phased and not see the battle pets.

Abashera

Re: Rodent Crate to be Released - Horde

Post by Abashera » April 9th, 2015, 1:54 am

Bump - Updated with details

Abashera

Post by Abashera » April 14th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Last Call - Tomorrow's the day.

I've only had one person contact me in-game so far. But I'll open the crate even if only one person can get the pet.

I'm in the game right now (Tuesday night), and I plan to be online most of the day tomorrow, up to release time.

If you want in on the pet, whisper one of my mains, Smïteyou or Böö, on the US, Hyjal server, and I'll add you to my battletag.
Last edited by Abashera on April 15th, 2015, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faeriimerlyn
Pet Score:6088
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Faeriimerlyn » April 14th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Hey there! I'm trying to add you via Battletag, but it keeps saying "Player Not Found." I'm US Horde, but on a different server. I tried adding Smïteyou-Hyjal, but that didn't work, either. Please hit me up at Faeriimerlyn#1762.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » April 15th, 2015, 12:24 am

Faeriimerlyn wrote:Hey there! I'm trying to add you via Battletag, but it keeps saying "Player Not Found." I'm US Horde, but on a different server. I tried adding Smïteyou-Hyjal, but that didn't work, either. Please hit me up at Faeriimerlyn#1762.
Hey,

You would actually have to make a lvl 1 toon on my server, then whisper me, and I'll add you to my battletag.

I'm online right now on Böö.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919

Post by Aurae » April 15th, 2015, 9:39 am

Oh shoot, glad I checked this. For some reason I thought I had something going on that would cause me to miss it, but it looks like I'm in the clear. I'll hop over there and see if I can catch you at some point. :)

Abashera

Post by Abashera » April 15th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Aurae wrote:Oh shoot, glad I checked this. For some reason I thought I had something going on that would cause me to miss it, but it looks like I'm in the clear. I'll hop over there and see if I can catch you at some point. :)
:!: FIFTEEN MINUTES REMAINING before rodent release :!:

Please make a lvl 1 toon on US, Hyjal and whisper me in-game ASAP, and I'll add you to my battletag. :D

At the moment I'm hangin' out on Smïteyou.

For anyone on my Battletag who wants to join the party, I'll start to "Broadcast" a password in BTag every 15 minutes, starting a little before 6PM (Pacific Standard Time) and up to 7PM.

(Release is @ 7PM Pacific Standard Time, and 10PM Eastern Standard Time)

Simply whisper me the (case sensitive) password, and you will be automatically invited to the group (this only applies if I can get the stupid add-on working. If I can't, then I will send out individual invites the old way).

I will release the rodents at 7PM, PST, SHARP.

Looking forward to seeing you there. :)

—Rx
Last edited by Abashera on April 15th, 2015, 8:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » April 15th, 2015, 2:15 pm

I'm horde and got mine on the alliance side. Had to pvp the heck out of the guards, but eventually was able to capture one I could stone. I randomly saw them spawn. Alliance can try too if they can get crz'd to the right server.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » April 15th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Several rodents were domesticated this day, and found their homes. :)

I have to say, it's really fun watching other people get their pets, knowing you helped. As it was written: "There's more happiness in giving than in receiving." Almost brought a tear to my eye... lol.

Thank you all who joined. <3

—Rx