Any way to filter Auction House for pets you don't have?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bix
Pet Score:4465
BattleTag®:Bix#2747
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu
Any way to filter Auction House for pets you don't have?

Post by Bix » January 30th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Hello all,

Preliminary warning: before posting this question, I searched this site's corresponding section (warcraftpets.c o m/downloads/pet_addons) (*), I went to the search menu here (warcraftpets.c o m/community/forum/search.php?keywords=auction+house&fid[0]=2) which is a bit tedious to browse, and I google'd also and the only thing I found is this now unavailable "plugin" (thebuddyforum.c o m/honorbuddy-forum/plugins/uncataloged/102730-plugin-battle-pet-auction-viewer.html) someone created a year ago. - but which seems to do exactly what I want:

I just would like a way to filter the "Battle Pets" menu of the Auction House, to only display pets I don't have. I currently have to hover my mouse on all auctions, and try to locate the ones where the "collected : X/3" line doesn't appear. Not very handy..

There is apparently no way to do that ingame, so I'll have to look in add-ons.

I am quite a big fan of "light" add-ons, which do exactly what I want : I love BattlePetBreedID or Rematch, because the first is not invasive (a small window added at the most, and a few characters for the breed behind Battle Pets references ingame) and the second one has an independent small window easy to manipulate.

I have read here and there that Pet Tracker or Pokemon Trainer might have has this feature, but these are "all-in-one" addons with lots of features I don't need, so it is far from my favorite option ...

Is there any light add-on doing this? I would be surprised it hasn't been created yet .. (I would gladly do it if I had the skills to create an add-on :mrgreen: )

(*) Sorry for unformatted links: forum won't let me post them as I am a new poster..

Kiella
Pet Score:13842
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Any way to filter Auction House for pets you don't have?

Post by Kiella » January 31st, 2014, 4:27 pm

Do you currently use any AH addons? If not, you probably wouldn't want to dl one for just this, but if you use, for example, Auctionator, you could just create a shopping list of the few pets you're still missing. I'm a big fan of AH shopping lists to avoid sifting through pages and pages of Spring Rabbits :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 31st, 2014, 6:57 pm

Pokemon Trainer have an ah option inbuilt. It will color all pets you know green, and missing ones as red.

Bix
Pet Score:4465
BattleTag®:Bix#2747
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Bix » February 1st, 2014, 5:42 am

Well thanks I went for Auctionator... I had needed an AH add-on for weeks anyway, this was a good opportunity. I like the fact that tabs are added to the AH Window and the "regular" tabs remain. Just a bit of work the first time, to create the shopping list, but that's not that hard and works well. And you have to know the pets you're missing of course.. easy with the Pet journal, only problem I might have is to miss a pet added in a patch (like I missed the Rotten Little Helper ...

Until a real "filter pets you have" addon exists, it'll do the trick !

Thanks for the tip!

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 1st, 2014, 2:16 pm

Bix wrote:Well thanks I went for Auctionator... I had needed an AH add-on for weeks anyway, this was a good opportunity. I like the fact that tabs are added to the AH Window and the "regular" tabs remain. Just a bit of work the first time, to create the shopping list, but that's not that hard and works well. And you have to know the pets you're missing of course.. easy with the Pet journal, only problem I might have is to miss a pet added in a patch (like I missed the Rotten Little Helper ...

Until a real "filter pets you have" addon exists, it'll do the trick !

Thanks for the tip!
Just a tip, as I went this route. I actually filtered out the pets here on warcraftpets.com on my profile that I need, or need rares of, etc (pets I want to shop for) and then copy and pasted them into a spreadsheet. After cleaning it up a bit, I then pasted the list into the addon in game. This saves a lot of time if you intended to manually type them in.

Eulorea
Pet Score:10861
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Eulorea » November 11th, 2014, 10:25 am

I came here looking for the same thing and tried the Pokemon Trainer addon. While it showed a couple as red that I do have, it does EXACTLY what I need, and it was easy to tell the ones that it showed by mistake, because I could still see the 1/3 tool tip. Thank you, Luciandk!

Oaxlin
Pet Score:4058
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Oaxlin » March 11th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Eulorea wrote:I came here looking for the same thing and tried the Pokemon Trainer addon. While it showed a couple as red that I do have, it does EXACTLY what I need, and it was easy to tell the ones that it showed by mistake, because I could still see the 1/3 tool tip. Thank you, Luciandk!
I've noticed when it does this it's just highlighting the wrong row. There is some bug in how it does the sort order. But at least its a super fast way to see if you even care about that result page.

Chaa1627
Pet Score:13602
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Chaa1627 » March 14th, 2015, 11:39 pm

PetShoppingList I stumbled across on Curse. Uses the auctionator addon to build a shopping list that updates every time you learn a new pet from the list. Can be a little tough to navigate if you are missing a lot of pets, lists a different line for each rarity and level but not the breed (so watch out for that if you see one that is much cheaper for some reason and want to snatch it).

Little bit late to the topic but didn't see this addon mentioned at all.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » March 16th, 2015, 10:34 pm

PetMarket does exactly what's wanted here. Creates its own tab on the AH window and scans through pets/pet items to see what you don't have, then lists the cheapest in the window. You can select a specific pet and click the Show button to see if there may be more than one listed. It can be quirky sometimes (very rarely for me, don't know about anyone else) and simply decide to not work at all, usually a UI reload fixes it up.

Niaabi
Top Rater

Post by Niaabi » March 17th, 2015, 8:56 am

Aurae wrote:PetMarket does exactly what's wanted here. Creates its own tab on the AH window and scans through pets/pet items to see what you don't have, then lists the cheapest in the window. You can select a specific pet and click the Show button to see if there may be more than one listed. It can be quirky sometimes (very rarely for me, don't know about anyone else) and simply decide to not work at all, usually a UI reload fixes it up.
I second Aurae's post, PetMarket works a treat for filtering out only pets that I don't have, definitely worth a download via Curse :)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » March 17th, 2015, 10:24 am

I've been using pettracker for some time, the and it seems that the prices that are written there aren't always correct - usually when there is only a bid option and no buyout, the price never changes and stay on the opening bid when in fact the actual price is much higher.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 6th, 2015, 8:14 am

Aurae wrote:PetMarket does exactly what's wanted here. Creates its own tab on the AH window and scans through pets/pet items to see what you don't have, then lists the cheapest in the window. You can select a specific pet and click the Show button to see if there may be more than one listed. It can be quirky sometimes (very rarely for me, don't know about anyone else) and simply decide to not work at all, usually a UI reload fixes it up.
Oi... I love this addon :)

It is a bit spammy, when it search the AH (atleast when you use Auctioneer too), but it gets the job done....