Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
The secret to successfully using PetMarket Add-on

Post by Abbotta » April 4th, 2015, 10:18 am

I love this add-on. Just the other day I found both the Dragon Kite and Tuskarr Kite on the AH for well under market value. (14k and 13k) I was only able to get the one (a guild mate needed the Dragon and had Tuskarr so she took the one and I bought the other) and PetMarket was big help with finding those pets and finding the best priced ones.

What PetMarket does is add a tab to your auction menu at the AH. When you run the App it will scan all the pets not just at in the Battle Pet section but in the Companion Pet section and will show you the pets for sale that are NOT in your inventory.

Sounds perfect?

It almost is except too many times I've scanned (and in Area 52 that can be over 50 pages of pets) and it'll pull back EVERY SINGLE PET. No I do not need to know the cheapest price of the Sinister Pumpkin and Senegal yet again!

The fix I have found is simple. Before even clicking on the AH guy make sure that you have absolutely NO FILTERS setup in your Pet Journal. I know there is a Pet Journal Add-on that gives you some extra filtering power - make sure you reset that. If you searched on a name make sure you clear that.

Also make sure you haven't filter for anything in the AH already. If you have been selling stuff first in AH - go to the left tab and reset the filters then close the AH menu and open it again. If you haven't been selling anything skip this step.

I have been doing this for the past 2 weeks and I have yet to have PetMarket pull back every single pet. It has been a great tool to know you are finding the lowest price on those pets you do not have.

Edit note: If you did all this and still have issue - re-log. Solves the worlds mysteries in WoW
Last edited by Abbotta on April 4th, 2015, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pry
Pet Score:8382
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: The secret to successfully using PetMarket Add-on

Post by Pry » April 4th, 2015, 10:39 am

It is a fantastic tool!

I just discovered it last week. I also ran into the issues you had mentioned and can confirm that I did the same thing to fix the issue. Specifically it was clearing my filter in my Pet Journal.

I was surprised on my first scan to see there were about 8 pets I did not have that were in the 50-500g range so it was a nice bump to my collection.

I also managed to get a Guardian Pup, which I have been coveting for a LONG time, for 18k gold, which is about half of what it normally goes for on my server.

+1 for this addon.

Roosttylor
Realm:Anub'arak-us

Post by Roosttylor » April 6th, 2015, 6:07 am

There are many pets with identical abilities. It would make sense to collect different breeds of the different pets instead of 20 S/S rabbits with the exact same stats. I've created a list of all pets with the same abilities which should make it easier to pick different breeds for different pets.
ahsan

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » April 7th, 2015, 10:08 am

Thanks for the heads-up! I've downloaded the add-on now and will check it out after maintenance. :D Sounds awesome!