Lots Of Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Lots Of Pets

Post by Lordblacknail » April 5th, 2015, 5:39 pm

I have seen lots of players who don't seem to know about the easiest way in the world to get more pets. If you have a wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or whatever, and you both have WOW accounts, you can join your accounts together. You each keep your own account, but they are under a master battle.net account. You both then get all the pets, mounts, toys and achievements that the other had. The downside is that you can't both pet battle at the same time. Whoever logs in first, has the pet battle ability. The other is locked out of pet battles. It is a small price to pay methinks.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Lots Of Pets

Post by Peanutty » April 5th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Lordblacknail wrote:You both then get all the pets, mounts, toys and achievements that the other had. The downside is that you can't both pet battle at the same time. Whoever logs in first, has the pet battle ability. The other is locked out of pet battles.
For anyone considering this, be really careful and double check what you might lose if you merge accounts. I considered doing this but as I'm a mount collector, it wasn't worth it to me to lose all that work that in exchange for access to my spouse's old CE pets.

Also (and I could be wrong) but doesn't merging accounts also lock out one party from doing dailies in general, not just pet battle dailies? There's not much in the way of dailies this xpac but it's still a consideration.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 5th, 2015, 8:52 pm

Actually I made a post asking about this in the main Wow forums.

You can't actually do this. I was answered by a blue post that said the account-merger thing was made for when battle-net accounts were first created. At the time, all blizzard games accounts were separate, and this merger was offered to anyone who wanted to merge all their accounts together. Some people took advantage of it and linked accounts together for other purposes - like you described.

I have a friend who merged her account with her son so they could share pets, mounts, and achievements. But they did it back when the merge was first announced.

I don't feel like digging up my post from the wow site. But if you make a post about this, believe me, you will get trolled and called an idiot/noob for even considering this... Sorry.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 5th, 2015, 11:50 pm

Seems like it'd make a divorce even more uncivil trying to decide who got the WarCraft pets.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 6th, 2015, 4:31 am

Solomon says ... cut the baby (ape) in half. :)

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » April 7th, 2015, 1:28 am

Seriously, you can't do this anymore? Wow what a bummer. As to the mounts, we share mounts, toys, heirlooms, and of course pet. No problem with the daily quests, just can't do pet battles at the same time. Whoever logs on first, gets to pet battle.