Erris XP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Erris XP

Post by Quintessence » April 3rd, 2015, 4:54 am

Widdershin wrote:ok, so a couple people have used their pets in combat and still got bad exp. Probably rules that out. Maybe the pet level makes a difference. If it's too low perhaps? I usually use a level 1 pet and today got diddly exp - yesterday getting enough to go straight to level 12 from level 1.
I think the main factor is when people completed the Erris daily.

It sounds as if those that completed the daily earlier in the day received the full amount of exp. Those that completed it late in the day (such as myself; around evening time), saw only a smidgen of experience.

A hotfix was released yesterday, I think late afternoon, but Pet Battles was not mentioned. So, tough to say if this change was intended or not. Hopefully a developer will respond on Twitter.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 3rd, 2015, 6:02 am

Dammit...

Enbi'see/Mal/Bones combo.. Carry pet (level 16) started in with an attack.. 86Xp incl hat bonus..

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » April 3rd, 2015, 6:54 am

Same experience here 2 days in a row

First was using my lvl 12 Temptress and only got like 90xp

This morning I used a lvl 1 Iron Starlet, and got 75xp

So sad... It really got me always going to somebody's garrison. =*(

Zonnetje
Top Rater
Pet Score:11705
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Zonnetje » April 3rd, 2015, 7:05 am

Yeah I had the same issue this morning... 32xp??

edit - both of my carry pets battled (last boost from 23 to 25), but xp was massively nerfed.

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » April 3rd, 2015, 8:02 am

There's a post at the eu forums - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14213181211 - that sounds like a plausible explanation for this possible stealth nerf.
Maybeh wrote:
Apparently people were exploiting this daily because there was a way to reset the quest and grind XP with it. I do not know/care how exatly this worked but it worked, so instead of fixing the issue (which had to do with garrison phasing and such), they just blanket nerf the daily. Great work.

Zonnetje
Top Rater
Pet Score:11705
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Zonnetje » April 3rd, 2015, 8:45 am

well that sucks. :( ...

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » April 3rd, 2015, 9:21 am

so instead of fixing the issue and banning the exploiters they ruined it for all of us. neat. i really hope this is temporary. i thought this new tamer was actually intended for carry levelling.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » April 3rd, 2015, 11:51 am

It's a legitimate reason to nerf the experience. I really hope they'll fix the exploit and bring the xp back once that's solved, but I don't hold out hope. I grow so weary of having the game ruined for legit players by bad behavior of others.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » April 3rd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Well that sucked... I used a pet treat, a lesser treat and the hat and with my level 7 carry pet got only 155 exp. What a waste of pet charms!

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » April 3rd, 2015, 12:08 pm

Widdershin wrote:Since there appears to be a mixture of some getting full exp and some not I'd like to ask the question about whether people actively used their levelling pet in combat. Was the pet just swapped in and then out again without using any abilities? Maybe there was a fix to combat the "free" turn abused to level pets in this manner?
My level 22 got 51xp today (with safari hat), and did use an attack. Yesterday I think I got "normal" xp.

It's funny... I get they don't want us leveling off the "post" battles all day, but Erris/Kura is the one thing that *does* get me out of the garrison. I have to go visiting most days to do it anyway. It's also a daily, so why should it award less xp than any of the other tamer dailies?

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Rhapture » April 3rd, 2015, 12:10 pm

Same thing happened to me today as well. Yesterday she was still awarding the regular amount of exp, but today I only got 92 with my safari hat :cry:

Vixen
Pet Score:8044
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Vixen » April 3rd, 2015, 12:21 pm

Ya I noticed this morning, yesterday I did Erris and got the normal 5500 xp (with hat) today I got 57 -.-

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 3rd, 2015, 12:30 pm

Blue post: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/367353-omg-blizz-nerfed-kura-erris-exp/

As per Bashiok: There was an exploit where you could leave the fight at the last possible moment, receive the quest XP, but not complete the quest, and it was being used to great effect by those that were aware of the bug. As it's technically an exploit it's not something we generally add to our hotfix notes. Fixing the core issue isn't possible until a client patch, and so in the meantime we lowered the reward substantially. With the fix in an upcoming patch we'll raise the XP reward back up again too.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » April 3rd, 2015, 12:45 pm

Wow.. What an original bug.. I am quite surprised we didnt see something like this happen in MoP..

Oh.. wait.. we did.. /sigh :oops:

Here's hoping they include that fix shortly :cry:

Turtle
Pet Score:4172
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Turtle » April 3rd, 2015, 3:44 pm

this was posted by a blue in wow forum: title OMG!blizz nerfed kura/Erris Exp

There was an exploit where you could leave the fight at the last possible moment, receive the quest XP, but not complete the quest, and it was being used to great effect by those that were aware of the bug. As it's technically an exploit it's not something we generally add to our hotfix notes. Fixing the core issue isn't possible until a client patch, and so in the meantime we lowered the reward substantially. With the fix in an upcoming patch we'll raise the XP reward back up again too.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 3rd, 2015, 7:08 pm

Widdershin wrote:Since there appears to be a mixture of some getting full exp and some not I'd like to ask the question about whether people actively used their levelling pet in combat. Was the pet just swapped in and then out again without using any abilities? Maybe there was a fix to combat the "free" turn abused to level pets in this manner?
I used a level 17 Hyjal Wisp for about 3 rounds until swapping out and finishing things up with a Nexus Whelpling and Frostfur Rat. So without a doubt my leveling pet was active in the battle. She got 69XP.

:?

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » April 3rd, 2015, 11:17 pm

Well that's pretty irritating. I hope they fix the bug asap and revert the xp nerf. It is quite irritating to not get any exp for a battle I can only do once per day. Honestly, I wish they'd make the other garrison battles only once per day as well and bring back the exp bonus. If I'm going to do a battle, I'd like the option to have a carry pet, too!

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » April 4th, 2015, 1:57 am

I really hope Squirt isn't nerfed as well, I've looked forward to today for 2 weeks, lol. Was super happy it didn't land on Easter Sunday!!

Foxyproxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2937
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Foxyproxy » April 4th, 2015, 2:07 am

Melmo wrote:I really hope Squirt isn't nerfed as well, I've looked forward to today for 2 weeks, lol. Was super happy it didn't land on Easter Sunday!!
I'm in EU so Squirt will be tomorrow for us , Please tell me they didn't nerf it as well ? it's my only option to level the mass level 1 pets i have in a convenient way :?

Lauramars
Pet Score:1751
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Lauramars » April 4th, 2015, 6:54 am

Can confirm: squirt is not nerfed, she still gave me full xp today.