Surprising a new player with pets!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us
Surprising a new player with pets!

Post by Fahra » March 31st, 2015, 2:44 pm

Hey guys! I just got my mom into WoW (I know, right? Coolest mom ever!!) and now I'm trying to surprise her with a ton of pets. She loves the look of them (not sure if she's interested in battling or not) and wants to collect them. I have a bunch of extras of some pets that I can give her - the cats/dragonhawks/other race starting pets and a bunch of generic holiday ones - Wolpertinger, Father Winter's Helpers, etc.
However, if anyone has any other spare pets that they want to give to a new player, that would be a huge help! I really want to give my mom a huge number of pets (she enjoys summoning a new one every few minutes and giggling at how cute it is). If you have a spare pet of any sort and want to help me with this, my battletag is Natasha#1870. Hit me up below or in-game, and thank you so much!
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Surprising a new player with pets!

Post by Imry » March 31st, 2015, 3:26 pm

I can probably help you out with this! I've got /tons/ of extras I can stand to give up - I'll be thrilled to know they're going to a worthy cause!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 31st, 2015, 5:13 pm

Fahra wrote:. . . She loves the look of them (not sure if she's interested in battling or not) and wants to collect them. . .
This part made me LOL. The first time my wife ever saw me doing a pert battle it was my Anubiseth Idol vs a Rabbit and she flipped out because my idol was "kicking the bunny". So now, every time she sees me pet battling, her comment is always "Are you kicking bunnies again?" :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Fahra

Post by Fahra » March 31st, 2015, 11:58 pm

Thank you guys so much! A wonderful person gave my mom two of the Pandas from the Pandaria pet battle dailies. She squee'd and absolutely adores them!

Kel, your post made me laugh. I have had...similar experiences...with some of my friends.
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Cyberninja » April 1st, 2015, 5:57 am

I just got a new saying for work "you kicking bunnies again?" LOL

Markedangel6469
Pet Score:4216
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Markedangel6469 » April 1st, 2015, 6:25 am

I have a few I can send your way that are extras. Please feel free to add me MarkedAngel#1950

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 2nd, 2015, 2:31 am

Surprise your mom with [pet]Egbert[/pet]... You cannot help but loving that little guy.. If you don't have a spare, Children's Week comes up in a month time or so, so you can farm them together...

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 2nd, 2015, 7:58 am

You can give her the zandalari raptors and the direhorn, at 100 you can butcher your way in isle of giants and get all 5 in a matter of minutes.

Briqitta
Top Rater
Pet Score:4244
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Briqitta » April 3rd, 2015, 12:22 pm

Topaz wrote:You can give her the zandalari raptors and the direhorn, at 100 you can butcher your way in isle of giants and get all 5 in a matter of minutes.
While I concur with the quick butchering, the rate of drop is YMMV.

I took my 100 hunter and 100 warlock through looking for bones and eggs and after 4 hours ended up with only a single raptor (and one egg).

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 3rd, 2015, 1:42 pm

Fahra - if you add my btag we can chat in game. ravnhawk#1272

I have some spare pets I can offer. I'll be off and on at different times tonight. So if I don't catch you tonigth I'll be on more tomorrow.

Thanks!

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 3rd, 2015, 4:30 pm

Briqitta wrote:
Topaz wrote:You can give her the zandalari raptors and the direhorn, at 100 you can butcher your way in isle of giants and get all 5 in a matter of minutes.

I took my 100 hunter and 100 warlock through looking for bones and eggs and after 4 hours ended up with only a single raptor (and one egg).
Might be because raptors are dropped from the trolls, not the dinosaurs, while the eggs and and bones drop from the dinosaurs and a troll can only drop 1-2 bones.
Ive never gone on the boat w/o getting at least 1 raptor, and before 6.0 it was one of the quickest money making way.

Fahra

Post by Fahra » April 3rd, 2015, 9:46 pm

Thank you guys so much for the pets you've already given me! My mom is especially fond of her sunfur panda.

I apologize profusely, but I'm undergoing some medical issues and I haven't been on WoW much. I play for maybe an hour every day, and that hour varies. Markedangel, Ravnhwk, I've added both of you. If I happen to be on when you're on, lets talk; if not, let me know what realm you're on and I can make an alt there for you to mail stuff to. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 6th, 2015, 2:01 am

Topaz wrote:
Briqitta wrote:

Might be because raptors are dropped from the trolls, not the dinosaurs, while the eggs and and bones drop from the dinosaurs and a troll can only drop 1-2 bones.
Ive never gone on the boat w/o getting at least 1 raptor, and before 6.0 it was one of the quickest money making way.
Not quite true...
When I grinded bones, I only killed dinos.. My first Direhorn pet dropped after 230ish kills... Within the next 50 kills, 6 or 7 more dropped..
The drop rate is truely screwed sideways..

Eggs for raptors also drops from dinos... Roughly every 100-150 kills gave me an egg. Sadly, they are unique, so you can only carry one and they have a 3 day hatch time.. My first 3 were diffeent colors (YAY!), but I managed to find a total of 11 eggs, before I had all bones..