Pet Battles: Are you REALLY the best tamer and trainer?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Crucia_moonglade
Pet Score:3057
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Pet Battles: Are you REALLY the best tamer and trainer?

Post by Crucia_moonglade » March 26th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Greetings!

My name is Crucia and I'm from Moonglade EU. I have a couple of questions for you:
Do you like pets and pet battling?
Do like a bit of competition?
OF COURSE YOU DO!

I am looking to set up a Pet Battle League and/or knockout Tournament, and I am searching for interested parties! I have a post available on the official realm forums, primarily on the joint Moonglade / Steamwheedle Cartel / The Sha'tar forum, the link to which is here:
*edit* Oh damn, "You must post at least 8 times before you are able to share external links. This helps us control malicious link spam." Hmm well, ok, understood. Therefore if you wish to check it out, head here:

World of Warcraft > Forums > Realm Forums Moonglade / Steamwheedle Cartel / The Sha'tar > Pet Battles: Are you REALLY the best tamer and trainer?

If you do not have a character on any of the above 3 realms, but are still interested, DON'T PANIC! Rewards will be in the form of gold and/or pets, depending on the league/tournament, and as such you can learn the pet on even a level one you create on Moonglade, which will of course, as you know, be account wide.

I encourage you all to make your interest known on the official forum thread I linked above, please, so that I can get all of you awesome folks in one place, and so that I do not overlook anyone signing up!!

Also, whilst I am doing this alone (and currently rummaging so little website up on word press) it would be good to have one or two helpers who may be able to dedicate an hour or two during tournament time. For what tasks, currently, I do not know - perhaps I may not need anyone after all, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra hands, should they be needed!

Best wishes, Crucia.

Moonglade EU Horde

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet Battles: Are you REALLY the best tamer and trainer?

Post by Topaz » March 27th, 2015, 4:54 am

The last time we did a tournament about 2 months ago ([url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12991/url]link here[/url]) it was really great, what nice is that you dont need to be in a specific realm - you can just open a group in the queue on the appointed time and players from all realms can join and fight. so you can also post the tournament in the main PB forum on the eu board.
you can talk to awq or just check his guide for guidelines, you would be surprised to see that most players dont care much for the prizes but more about the competitive side and finding new teams they could actually use.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 28th, 2015, 8:27 am

I'm really very interested in joining really any pet battle events. I'd have to see if I can make a Horde toon on Moonglade/The Shatar since I'm full up with Alliance toons on SWC (no, I'm not deleting any, they're all stationed at strategic pet battle trainers).

I have a bit of an erratic WoW schedule though, not sure if I'd be able to enter regularly.

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » March 28th, 2015, 9:30 am

Hello guys, and thanks for the replies!
I read the link you provided, and would like to think I can do something similar, albeit on a more regular basis, perhaps weekly or bi-weekly!
I am looking to get more done on my wordpress website first so that it is pretty much complete and has tables/tournament details set up already, only thing lacking would be player names!

I would like to have a date up soon, but want to generate even more interest first, but as an estimated time I would say I would want to have at least a mini tournament set up in about 2 weeks' time.

In the mean time, spread the word, folks! :)

Crucia

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » March 29th, 2015, 7:36 am

Ooh a Moonieshatariawheedler! :D

Here's your link, by the way: [url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13987539396[/url]

Sinamor
Pet Score:9041

Post by Sinamor » March 30th, 2015, 11:32 am

Oooh, this sounds like it could be fun! I also play on Moonglade horde fairly regularly, so might be able to assist you with this, if you need.

Please add Sinamor#2470 if you like.

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » March 30th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Rioriel wrote:Ooh a Moonieshatariawheedler! :D

Here's your link, by the way: (still can't link it yet myself heehee!)
Oooooo! Thanks for the link, much appreciated. I do understand why they have these "can't post til X amount of comments first" rules, though, but its nice to get a link up!!

I have done more work on the event, based it on the event that was linked above, only, as I had a fair idea of what I wanted to have in my event, I combined them (obviously cutting out conflicting rules etc).

So, yep, stay tuned. I think within the next 2 or 3 weeks the event will be, so I will work on polishing all the fine details and whatnot and hope to have an official invitation set up for all who wish to participate.

To finish off, I was asked a couple of questions on the blizz forums I would like to just put here, too, incase anyone is wondering:
  • *The level bracket will be lvl 25 pets, you yourself can be any level from 1 - 100.
    *As I just mentioned, it will be ready to go in about 2 to 3 weeks, tops, with the event on a weekend most likely.
    *Many have stipulated that they would prefer a tournament system, rather than a league. I think a league would be a great idea, but perhaps thats something for the future.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 31st, 2015, 5:30 am

Ambition is good! But a tournament might be easier to start off with, or a series of tournaments, and then, when you have a semi-regular group of participants, and all the initial kinks worked out, a league sounds awesome.

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 3rd, 2015, 9:58 am

Ok, I am just finishing off the post for the official "invitation" that I'd like to extend to you all! Stay tuned!

Crucia_moonglade

Post by Crucia_moonglade » April 3rd, 2015, 11:53 am

Ok, and we are OFF! :D

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13906

Please sign up via the email address provided! :)

-Crucia